www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 11-02-19, 11:38   #13221
Boobandie
Professor

Is it possible to disable the Paused menu?

Last edited by Boobandie; 11-02-19 at 11:40.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 13:52   #13222
LoreRaider
Explorer

^ yep, with Disable keyboard commad Flipeffect, and on the possible keys to block there's Pause
Old 11-02-19, 19:31   #13223
Ranpyon
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
^ ENV_WALL_HOLE_IN_FRONT+ENV_POS_HORTOGONAL should help here. Just set the correct height parameters. And you probably will need a SetPosition command in your animation to bypass the bridge, because engine will prevent from usual crawling I think
Thank you! I've tried, but it doesn't work. I haven't used the SetPosition command because I don't know which numbers I have to put, I don't know if this is the reason. Anyway I'm afraid I have to give up on this anyway for two reasons: 1) If Lara rolls in front of the bridge, she goes onto it (since she can't go under it); 2) if Lara crawls under it (I've tried in a lower position) and if I release the crouch key, Lara is "teleported" onto the bridge as well (in the stand up position), and the camera stays under it. What a nasty glitch. So, unless someone finds a solution for all of these things, I have to give up.
Ranpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 23:40   #13224
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
^ yep, with Disable keyboard commad Flipeffect, and on the possible keys to block there's Pause
Cool. With the new Classic Inventory Plugin covering all the Pause menu options it really doesn't seem necessary to have two menus.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 23:53   #13225
sampiza
Historian

In a part of my level when Lara dies an enemy performs an animation and a music starts playing (done with global trigger) works but sometimes the enemy does not perform the animation and neither does the music play, sometimes the music starts but you can not even hear it because it's already loading the title. Does anyone have an idea to make these things always work correctly?
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 15:54   #13226
AkyV

The death status of Lara (she is dying or lying dead, till loading back to title) is always a hard phase to control triggers properly.
Do you use my plugin#1? Then you can try this C180 Condition trigger to activate things while Lara is lying dead:

Lara. (Health) (E) More/less/exactly than <#> game tick frame is just being performed since the start of the dying animation

Or, there is a similar but more complex way in the "casual" TRNG, checking variable values in #11 Savegame Memory Zone field:

Lara. Time in death (Short)
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 16:34   #13227
sampiza
Historian

Thx for replying, i'll try that. What about if Lara steps in a Delay. Load <&>level in (E)seconds trigger with these other same things that i said? (the enemy anim and the music)
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-19, 02:25   #13228
A_De
Archaeologist

Is it possible to forbid Lara to climb out of water? There are fencing at some ledges above water and I'd like to prevent Lara climb up there. For some reason switching the action off does not help here. The triggers placed at the bottom of water room.
Old 14-02-19, 14:58   #13229
TheLostSecret
Explorer

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Is it possible to forbid Lara to climb out of water? There are fencing at some ledges above water and I'd like to prevent Lara climb up there. For some reason switching the action off does not help here. The triggers placed at the bottom of water room.
Hi A_De!

Do you think it wouldn't be a bad idea to use CONDITION triggers? I know that you mentioned you don't want the trigger to be appeared on the whole square, and for this effect, it is not a bad idea to even try these:

1. Use "Lara Status: Floating on Water" condition. Export this command and add it to a TriggerGroup. This command checks if Lara is in this state and if true, it will disable the ability to climb:

2. Use vertical triggers:

This is my brief description about the paths you can take in order to disable the climbing ability at some points. If you wanted to take any of them, let me know and I will write down the whole script for you.

Hope this helps!
Old 18-02-19, 08:50   #13230
A_De
Archaeologist

^Thank you. I'll try these methods.

Does anybody know how to disable keyboard keys during flyby or Inventory/Pause menu?
For some reasons there are only controls disabled, but not other keys. I added the hotkey for diary and it can be switched on always, no matter if the controls are off. The same is about using PLS with globaltrigger with GT_GAME_KEY2_COMMAND and KEY2_USE_FLARE. It completely ignores any status of controls, and there even does not matter if Lara is alive or not.

Edit: funny thing is that the PLS does not switch on/off when Lara is on her four before crawling.

Last edited by A_De; 18-02-19 at 08:53.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote