www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-02-19, 01:08   #111
KennyC222
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
Shadow Lara is definitely my favourite. I cannot deny Rise Lara is extremely detailed, however there is something just too pretty about her. Shadow Lara looks rough and ready to go and that suits this version of Lara much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.LaraCroft View Post
I would definitely say Lara's Rise/Shadow face, it's the most realistic, the most detailed and in my opinion, the most beautiful. I just like how she looks like a normal person and not so much like a model, ya know.
Yeah! Both Rise and Shadow Lara looks so beautiful and pretty! If only she were a real person so I can go out with her She is my girl!
Old 11-02-19, 01:42   #112
veigafd
Archaeologist

Hmmm how interesting, I swear people would say "how dare you say that she looks better than reboot".
And I was watching a video about the voice actresses for Lara throughout TR franchise and it's amazing how the majority of the comments are people saying that Keeley hawes was the better one.
Even though I prefer the one from TR and 3.
Old 11-02-19, 01:43   #113
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I prefer her Anniversary face, a little less makeup and more natural looking

I'd be happy with her Definitive Edition face returning too if they could fix some of the awkward expressions
No, not the DE. It's the best one of the reboot, sure, but it's not good enough for me, lol. Whenever I look at it I just see this annoying screechy girl that I can't stand. I'd live with the Anniversary face though, if it only stopped there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Maybe not the overally plastic next-gen version though.

She honestly looks a bit like what I'd imagine Major would look like in Ghost in the shell Video game, except Major has a fake face due to having a cyborg body.
I actually really like the next gen graphics. It has a plastic vibe to it, but it never bothered me. I just appreciated the upgrade from the regular graphics. I mostly thought it looked great. A lot of people agree with you on that though, so maybe that's part of the reason why they toned it down for Anniversary along with Lara having a more youthful look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
If they could render that for this or next generation consoles, it would be amazing.
I'd love that. Lara could actually look like this now. Just more polished and correctly proportionate and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
She looked amazing. She looks like a barbie doll but at the same time, she really doesn't. Her face screams confidence and iconic. Whoever designed her did an astounding job!
Yeah, I agree. It's just so good. I mostly like the next gen graphics in Legend. Her face is different on different outfits though. Some have her wearing weird make up that doesn't look particularly good. Like the classic outfit in replay mode, unfortunately.
Legends is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 01:46   #114
Robwood
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
I'd love that. Lara could actually look like this now.
For once, you and I share a brainwave.
Old 11-02-19, 02:51   #115
Lyle Croft
Professor

I tried editing her lol. Maybe something like this! More "realistic" proportions? Keeps that somewhat wideish jaw 2013/Rise/Shadow established and all

Click to Enlarge!
Old 11-02-19, 05:47   #116
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Legend's in-game face is still the best all these years later.

It's cool you like this face best, but to me it looks like classic Lara facetuned herself, got tons of plastic surgery/ fillers, and put on a ton of Instagram style makeup. Not that I have a problem with either of those things, but it's just not "Lara" to me. I don't like Barbie Lara, I prefer a natural and strong look for her, with just a pinch of glam.

Perhaps that face with about 90% less makeup and some proportion adjustments for a more natural look. Think Angelina Jolie's face in the movies for example, gorgeous but not inflated or overly made up.

This face is absolute perfection to me, I have no idea why she never looked like this in game. Don't like the overly layered hair, but her face looks almost exactly like a realistic classic Lara, and it doesn't look like she has spent hours in a makeup chair or plastic surgery office

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 11-02-19 at 05:56.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 13:22   #117
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
For once, you and I share a brainwave.
I just want Lara to look good and also look like Lara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
I tried editing her lol. Maybe something like this! More "realistic" proportions? Keeps that somewhat wideish jaw 2013/Rise/Shadow established and all

Link
The Legend model could probably look really good with more realistic proportions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
It's cool you like this face best, but to me it looks like classic Lara facetuned herself, got tons of plastic surgery/ fillers, and put on a ton of Instagram style makeup. Not that I have a problem with either of those things, but it's just not "Lara" to me. I don't like Barbie Lara, I prefer a natural and strong look for her, with just a pinch of glam.

Perhaps that face with about 90% less makeup and some proportion adjustments for a more natural look. Think Angelina Jolie's face in the movies for example, gorgeous but not inflated or overly made up.

Link

This face is absolute perfection to me, I have no idea why she never looked like this in game. Don't like the overly layered hair, but her face looks almost exactly like a realistic classic Lara, and it doesn't look like she has spent hours in a makeup chair or plastic surgery office

Haha, we've always been on different ends on this. I remember you always saying something along those lines of the Legend model wearing too much make up, but the plastic surgery/botox and filler comments are so over exaggerated. Particularly when you come back with that picture and calls her face "natural". We just have different preferences I guess because that picture you posted doesn't look like Lara to me, or very natural. It had some potential, sure, but everything else is wrong with the picture and the face isn't even that good. For some reason I really hate her pouting lips in that picture. If anything looks fake to me, it's those.

Angelina looked terrific!

Last edited by Legends; 11-02-19 at 13:24.
Old 11-02-19, 17:04   #118
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Yeah, her lips in that render always bothered me as they look like they've either been plumped with filler or it's almost as if they belonged to another piece of concept art and they slapped them on top of this one for reason. There is just something very off about her face.
Old 11-02-19, 17:20   #119
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
Yeah, her lips in that render always bothered me as they look like they've either been plumped with filler or it's almost as if they belonged to another piece of concept art and they slapped them on top of this one for reason. There is just something very off about her face.
Yeah, exactly. There is something off about them that just doesn't look right. I wouldn't say this out of spite, but that pout looks like she's had lip injections or something.
Old 11-02-19, 17:36   #120
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Yeah, exactly. There is something off about them that just doesn't look right. I wouldn't say this out of spite, but that pout looks like she's had lip injections or something.
You could make this post more believable, if you hadn't posted a literal photo of a blow-up sex doll.

IDK, maybe it's just me who sees actual bloated lips in the picture on the left