www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 27-12-19, 15:56   #11
Talos Munera
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
thanks for sharing and thanks for the link. if i have time ill definitely try it myself
you're welcome
Old 20-08-21, 21:45   #12
Dusan
XNALara Creator

For anyone reading this thread in the future, I managed to extract sound files from Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC (Steam release v1.0 build 820.0_64), mainly thanks to the post by Talos Munera (thank you!)

Since it was quite non-trivial to find all the necessary programs, I'd like to list them here, even though I'm not sure if links to other websites are allowed, so instead I'll provide a detailed description how to search for them.

1) EKey - ROTTR_TIGGERUnpacker_0.0.3c_r7.rar - just google this name and you should find a forum thread with a link.
I used this program to extract MUL files (tons of them!!) specifically from the files Rise of the Tomb Raider\bigfile_ENGLISH.000.tiger and also Rise of the Tomb Raider\bigfile.000.tiger and it worked perfectly.

2) Tomb_raider_mul.exe - this one is a bit tricky to find: google Tomb Raider (2013)(PC)(.MUL). This will take you once again to a forum with a link to a data storage site. Access is granted using a decryption key that is provided in the same forum post. Within the data storage site, go to folder Tomb Raider Tools and download the file Tomb_raider_mul.rar. From this archive, extract Tomb_raider_mul.exe (plus two DLL libraries) and use it to extract FSB files from the MUL files that you extracted in step 1.

3) fsbext.exe - google "FSBext - FSB files extractor". It will take you to a forum thread. On the very first line of the very first post there is a link to a website where you can download FSB files extractor 0.3.8. In the downloaded archive fsbext.zip you'll find a program fsbext.exe as well as all source codes (neat!). You only need the program fsbext.exe to convert FBS files to MP3 which you can listen to

Note: The FSB/MP3 files extracted from MUL files represent individual audio channels: music, voice-overs, sounds effects etc. Music tracks are exported as separate mono tracks (left and right). To combine them into a single stereo MP3 file, use free software FFmpeg for example:
ffmpeg.exe -i mono_left.mp3 -i mono_right.mp3 -filter_complex "[0:a][1:a]join=inputs=2:channel_layout=stereo[a]" -map "[a]" output_stereo.mp3

Last edited by Dusan; 21-08-21 at 00:11.
Dusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-21, 19:52   #13
Titak

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
For anyone reading this thread in the future, I managed to extract sound files from Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC (Steam release v1.0 build 820.0_64), mainly thanks to the post by Talos Munera (thank you!)
Like the sound samples, like footsteps, Lara sounds, and all of that?

If so, would it be possible to share them?
I'm interested in them for my custom TRLE levels.