www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 03-09-21, 18:07   #11
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis6 View Post
Most people forget the development cost of Rise of Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 that still remains exclusive on that console generation.
Yeah. You're right.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 02:55   #12
Error96
Archaeologist

If that number is correct then wow MS paid a lot more than I expected. The problem is that TR is so synonymous with PS that it was always going to be a uphill struggle.

For SE the deal probably cost them sales on Rise and Shadow. You kind of balance if the brand damage is made up for by how much money that was. For MS they put all this money in but ended up being perceived as the bad guys by a major part of the TR fandom. To be fair to MS the way CD announced the deal did MS no favors.
Old 09-09-21, 20:50   #13
BigR4444
Golden

"Negotiated multiple deals including the Tomb Raider exclusivity on Xbox worth $100 million"

Look at how thats worded... I dont know if that means the TR deal was worth $100 million... maybe the total of the deals he negotiated was $100 million; with the TR deal being a part of that sum.

I think paying $100 million for just a one year exclusivity for a game sounds unfeasible... SE would have been laughing all the way to the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
For SE the deal probably cost them sales on Rise and Shadow. You kind of balance if the brand damage is made up for by how much money that was. For MS they put all this money in but ended up being perceived as the bad guys by a major part of the TR fandom. To be fair to MS the way CD announced the deal did MS no favors.
Agreed... Its interesting... $100 million for a one year delay? Like I said, I dont think the $100 million was SOLELY for TR... but even if it was; you have to wonder, was it worth it???

Whatever amount of money they received, the damage they did to that franchise may end up costing them in the long run.

Last edited by BigR4444; 09-09-21 at 20:56.
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote