www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 16-09-21, 12:12   #61
justin
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loch View Post
Amazing stuff J! This is going to be so cool to see, your really revolutionizing the combat mechanics and others. Be so cool to set the scene for different outfits as well
Thank you for the excellent encouragement

I'm so glad the walkthrough was posted for Movement, i'm so bad at playing nonlinear levels so i'll be continuing that tonight
Old 18-09-21, 12:04   #62
loch
Student

Dude ty for playing, builder 2 builder I know that it can be a rare occurrence to play rather than build and hey I wont begrudge you if you bail at any point!

Walkthroughs are essential for me, I don't know why but as soon as I start playing someone else's level I get stuck so easily. (Must be to do with my 'how did they do that' and ' oh that looks so cool' approach, rather than 'I wonder where I will find the damn key').
loch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-21, 12:57   #63
justin
Professor

Quote:
(Must be to do with my 'how did they do that' and ' oh that looks so cool' approach, rather than 'I wonder where I will find the damn key').
1 million %, Loch

Speaking of! Did you merge the water lanterns wirh room geometry to get them to wave with the water?? Ingenious! I need to try that with lillie pads now

And i remembered why i doscovered your title screen secrets. I wanted to see if F8 changed the fog, and realized something else happened, so i kept pressing F keys
Old 18-09-21, 23:14   #64
loch
Student

Quote:
Speaking of! Did you merge the water lanterns wirh room geometry to get them to wave with the water?? Ingenious! I need to try that with lillie pads now
Actually no, this is done by having the object be from the water room but positioned just above it so it gets the default wave effect. Oh and the 'underwater waves' needs to be enabled in FLEP.

Quote:
And i remembered why i doscovered your title screen secrets. I wanted to see if F8 changed the fog, and realized something else happened, so i kept pressing F keys
Yes, you can do so much with the title screen and scripting, you could potentially create some sort of game out of it and hide all sorts of 'secrets' and interesting things. I was thinking of triggering the events in a certain order to revel something but I was getting way too sidetracked as usual lol
Old 19-09-21, 00:45   #65
justin
Professor

Ah I see, thanks! It's very clever, either way

And yes, it's amazing what can be done from the title screen. If i had thought of it earlier, i would have included a key to press to launch a Manor level or something.

Aky's NVars open up even more possibilities, though. We could absolutely make a mini game out of the title screen.
Old 19-09-21, 03:07   #66
loch
Student

Quote:
Aky's NVars open up even more possibilities, though. We could absolutely make a mini game out of the title screen
So wait? there is more variables called Nvariables or is this code for something I already know maybe?
Isnt AkyV just the knight in shining armour we all needed

And I decided you must play my level through to the end else I remove you from the credits in my update :P
Old 19-09-21, 09:12   #67
Titak

^
More variables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post

And yes, it's amazing what can be done from the title screen. If i had thought of it earlier, i would have included a key to press to launch a Manor level or something.

Aky's NVars open up even more possibilities, though. We could absolutely make a mini game out of the title screen.
FLEP also allows you to add an extra entry to the Main Menu.
I'm using this entry for a Croft Manor training level.

Last edited by Titak; 19-09-21 at 09:15.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-21, 11:34   #68
AkyV

Quote:
So wait? there is more variables called Nvariables or is this code for something I already know maybe?
New variables!
- all are "long"
- unlike original variables, there is no issue here of "if you use this and this variable, then you cannot use that and that variable"
- there are 100: 50 global and 50 local
- 5 global and 5 local ones are for floating numbers, the more of them for integers
- 5 integer globals and 1 floating global one can transport data (in both directions) between title and the game (In the same game execution!)

All you need is:
- My Plugin#2
- Parameters= PARAM_VAR_MASTER Script command to handle all the classic operations for the variables: set number/bit, check, copy, add, subtract, divide, multiply, random.
- F587 trigger for execution.
- C114 trigger for condition.
- F588 for its diagnostic screen.
- F589 for writing in the log.

Diagnostic and log triggers are also for the original memory zone fields, whose values cannot be displayed directly in the original Diagnostic/Log, only via transported into original variables.

And what PARAM_VAR_MASTER can also do:
- Also handling the original variables and the original memory zone fields. Even transporting data between all of these group parts (nvars, original vars, fields). (In the future I will want to extend this for the memory zone values of my plugins as well.)
- New features: raise to any power, square root, the remainder of the division can be stored.

Quote:
Isnt AkyV just the knight in shining armour we all needed

EDIT:
ChocolateFan made this "pong" sprite, using PARAM_VAR_MASTER.

Last edited by AkyV; 19-09-21 at 11:50.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-21, 12:28   #69
justin
Professor

Agreed, Aky is among the many many engineers saving us, Loch

Those 6 variables also survive ResetHubs, which is just as impressive but actually more important than surving to the title screen

That sprite pong is insanity

@Titak
Also, I never looked at Flep until a few months ago, so I never realized an extra option could be added! Does it just launch a single game or can it be customized?

This also gives me a great idea for my next bonus level:
Using Nvar41 (this one survives the title), i can enable access to the bonus level from the title screen instead of when finishing the game. I may not do this, but it's an option.
Old 19-09-21, 13:27   #70
justin
Professor

Quote:
And I decided you must play my level through to the end else I remove you from the credits in my update :P
fair, fair