www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations > In Memoriam

Old 21-03-21, 22:06   #121
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Here is a bucket containing the videos from The Great Chi's secret forum plus those his son left us. I have downloaded the 2GB archive provided by CircusBabysGal and another 2GB archive provided by Ceamonks890 so I'll sort through these to remove any duplicates and drop them in the same bucket. Hopefully we can preserve as much of The Great Chi's legacy as possible.

Update. Sorting complete, converting all videos to MP4 format.

Update. Added songs and mods provided by Kyle K.

Update. Archive complete.

https://dl.tombraiderchronicles.com/content/chi/
happy to have helped
Old 21-03-21, 22:28   #122
Samz
Relic Hunter

Honestly it's still kinda crazy to me how he's gone all of a sudden.
Definitely going to be a bit sadder watching any of his videos now knowing he's gone.

Last edited by Samz; 21-03-21 at 23:01.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-21, 23:04   #123
tlr online
Administrator

Samz regarding your previous comment I think that's a really cool idea.
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-21, 23:08   #124
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Samz regarding your previous comment I think that's a really cool idea.
I'm just a bit nervous if I'm someone capable of actually doing something like that well.

I'll give it a try tomorrow at some stage. (since I don't have time to do it today and I'm a bit of a novice at posing.)

Since I deleted the initial message out of nervousness, I'm going to be trying to do (maybe it won't be out tomorrow and be in a few days) a tribute picture of all Lara's (at a grave I guess placed in Croft Manor's Garden) as a tribute picture, which isn't the most original thing I know but I do want to have a picture like that to commemorate The Great Chi. (as has been done for say, Rick May, the voice of the Soldier for TF2.)

Since my only skills are admittingly novice GMOD posing (so I can't even say, port over AOD Lara as I have no idea how to do anything like that and am merely working with TR assets on the Gmod workshop), if this picture idea sounds good to you and you want to make a version yourself, be it with modeling software or regular drawn artwork, go for it, I do not own this idea and if you yourself want to do this idea then go ahead as I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone else also wanting to do something like this, this isn't a contest and is just to tribute a great member of our community.

Last edited by Samz; 21-03-21 at 23:26.
Old 22-03-21, 04:23   #125
Kyle K.
Student

Location: In a house similar to the Classic Croft Manor (I Wish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Since my only skills are admittingly novice GMOD posing (so I can't even say, port over AOD Lara as I have no idea how to do anything like that and am merely working with TR assets on the Gmod workshop), if this picture idea sounds good to you and you want to make a version yourself, be it with modeling software or regular drawn artwork, go for it, I do not own this idea and if you yourself want to do this idea then go ahead as I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone else also wanting to do something like this, this isn't a contest and is just to tribute a great member of our community.
As long as it comes from the heart, skill-level does not matter! It would be a welcome addition to the community, but don't stress yourself

----------

I have the front page updated!! Hopefully, that's a bit more welcoming and informative than the original sleep-deprived post I originally put to start this thread...

If anyone wants anything added or changed, just let me know!! (Mods and Admins, feel free to just edit it if you wanna add or change something!!)

I also edited the post where I uploaded the archive for the playable mods and songs. I tried to make it a bit more readable, so hopefullly it's better... I also remembered a couple of things about a couple of the mods, and added some info about them. I also linked the permanent archive directly on there as well!!
Old 22-03-21, 11:10   #126
UroshUchiha
Explorer

When I first saw The Great Chi's profile picture at the top of the forum I thought it was some joke or a birthday present or something of the sort.

Only now did I stumble on this thread and finally figured out what it was all about.

Didn't interact much with The Great Chi over the years, but the little that I did I remember them being very helpful each and every time. Usually modding related business.

R.I.P. The Great Chi, you will be missed, thank you for everything you did for this community.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-21, 19:02   #127
Samz
Relic Hunter

I finished it, it's not exactly the best but it's to the best of my ability. (Classic Lara isn't very poseable in Gmod and the Braids have no physics for instance as a ragdoll.)

https://twitter.com/Samz81123702/sta...96000143523840
https://www.reddit.com/r/TombRaider/...the_great_chi/

Here's links to it posted on Twitter/Reddit if you want to spread it around there.

Last edited by Samz; 22-03-21 at 19:30.
Old 22-03-21, 19:35   #128
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I finished it, it's not exactly the best but it's to the best of my ability. (Classic Lara isn't very poseable in Gmod and the Braids have no physics for instance as a ragdoll.)

https://twitter.com/Samz81123702/sta...96000143523840
https://www.reddit.com/r/TombRaider/...the_great_chi/

Here's links to it posted on Twitter/Reddit if you want to spread it around there.
This is wonderful, wish I still had Twitter so I could retweet it I hope Chi can see how much we miss him and what great efforts are made by the community to permanently remember him.
Old 22-03-21, 19:56   #129
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Reading his farewell message he wrote on his profile 3 months earlier and it's devastatingly sad. He knew he was going. Never interacted with him but he always came across as a very friendly, passionate and kind person and I'm genuinely sad by his passing. RIP.��
Old 22-03-21, 21:06   #130
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Reading his farewell message he wrote on his profile 3 months earlier and it's devastatingly sad. He knew he was going. Never interacted with him but he always came across as a very friendly, passionate and kind person and I'm genuinely sad by his passing. RIP.��
hold on, have I missed something?