www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 20-08-21, 15:14   #1
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Arrow Barkhang Monastery Glitches And Discoveries

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFh8LIhA6eo

In this video I show you a number of glitches and discoveries. Most of them have been known to me for years, and some of them have been used in various videos that I've already uploaded. None the less, I wanted to upload one video which focuses solely on glitches and discoveries.

I begin with a flare-swim bug at 0:09 which enables me to return to a previous part of the level. I don't think that this has a useful purpose, but I decided to include it as I found it interesting and hope that you do as well.
Next is a flare-wall glitch at 0:21 which enables me to bug up through the closed trapdoor into the main hall. I'm not sure if this would be useful in speedrunning, but it might come in handy in a unique challenge of some sort since it does enable you to avoid enemies, as the normal way of pulling the switch to open a door to the main hall triggers two gunmen. When doing this glitch, I did trigger three gunmen but don't let that bother you; this glitch can be done without triggering those three enemies.
Then it's another flare-wall glitch at 0:35 which sends you from the main hall up into where the two boulders are, near where the main hall key is. I'm not sure how much use this has, but the only way we can find a use for it is by sharing it and seeing if anyone has any ideas.
This is followed by another flare-wall glitch at 0:45 which acts as a shortcut up to where you insert one of the gemstones, near the big Buddha statue.
At 1:00 I show you a flare-wall glitch which enables you to return from the exercise yard up to the window where the four gunmen spawn.
Next I show you an area at 1:11 which seems to act as an invisible forcefield. Aggravated monks can't reach you, but you're not safe from the gunmen as they can still shoot you.
Then it's a glitch at 1:26 which prevents two gunmen from spawning, near the area with the bunsens and swinging spiked hemispheres which lead to where you obtain the trapdoor key.
I finish by showing you the rooftops area, where I use a corner bug to avoid triggering the two gunmen and two monks, and then a flare-wall glitch which enables you to re-skip the gunmen and monks when leaving.
Old 20-08-21, 16:16   #2
Frceghst8
Historian

Wow, that's trippy.
Awesome stuff Greenapple!
Frceghst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-21, 19:18   #3
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frceghst8 View Post
Wow, that's trippy.
Awesome stuff Greenapple!
Thanks. I'm glad you liked.
Old 20-08-21, 19:19   #4
tlr online
Administrator

Thumbs up

Keep the videos coming, always cool to see this stuff.
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-21, 19:20   #5
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Keep the videos coming, always cool to see this stuff.
Thank you. There are more videos to come, but not today; I'm planning to upload a video every 2-3 days.
Old 21-08-21, 06:42   #6
Mek
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Thank you. There are more videos to come, but not today; I'm planning to upload a video every 2-3 days.
I'll watch your future videos with pleasure. They present many interesting things I haven't known before. For instance, I've seen a lot of bugs in Tomb Raider, but not this one with a flare! I wonder if it's exclusive to the PlayStation or it can be performed on PC.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-21, 06:44   #7
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
I'll watch your future videos with pleasure. They present many interesting things I haven't known before. For instance, I've seen a lot of bugs in Tomb Raider, but not this one with a flare! I wonder if it's exclusive to the PlayStation or it can be performed on PC.
Thank you; I'm pleased to receive the positive feedback. I think that the glitches that were performed with the flares can be done on the PC.
Old 21-08-21, 12:12   #8
laravision
Archaeologist

Actually, that flare glitch is exclusive to the PS1 (PAL) version. To have Lara clip up in a similar way on PC, you need to manipulate enemies for an item drop. Here are some examples from speedruns and tutorials:

https://youtu.be/KVIgIUA6LvQ?t=879

https://youtu.be/KVIgIUA6LvQ?t=1228

https://youtu.be/8owlwy0NGh4?t=66

https://youtu.be/osaPOBLfLRI?t=138
Old 22-08-21, 06:21   #9
ANoDE
Golden

I will never be not amazed by yhe level of insight you folks have into the mechanics of the game. Great job!