www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 01-09-21, 09:01   #1
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Default Firing Ranges Of Your Guns In This Game And Tomb Raider 3

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZx71ZqBze4

In this video, I demonstrate the firing ranges of your guns in Tomb Raider 2 and Tomb Raider 3. In Tomb Raider 2, I do it while aiming at a monk in Barkhang Monastery. In Tomb Raider 3, I do it while aiming at a machine gun in Area 51. In order to be able to shoot an enemy, you have to be within close enough range in order to lock-on to the enemy. That's what makes the firing range significant, and the firing range isn't the same for every weapon. In this video, I demonstrate that the M16 from Tomb Raider 2, and the MP5 from Tomb Raider 3 can both lock-on from further away than the rest of the guns. In Tomb Raider 2, I point my guns at a monk and see how far I can backtrack before I can no longer lock-on to him. With every gun apart from the M16 I could no longer lock-on to the monk after hopping backwards 8 times and stepping backwards 4 times. With the M16, I had to hop backwards 8 times and step backwards 18 times in order to break the lock-on. I do the same in Tomb Raider 3 while pointing my guns at a machine gun. I was already standing far away, so much so that I could no longer lock-on to the machine gun after stepping backwards just once when using every gun apart from the MP5. When using the MP5, I had to step backwards 14 times in order to break the lock-on.
Old 01-09-21, 13:59   #2
Samz
Relic Hunter

This mechanic is actually in AOD but its handguns having more range than the Shotguns/submachine guns.
Old 02-09-21, 10:17   #3
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
This mechanic is actually in AOD but its handguns having more range than the Shotguns/submachine guns.
I wasn't aware of this; I can't remember a great deal from AOD.
Old 04-09-21, 02:57   #4
Frceghst8
Historian

It's true that certain guns/ rifles in TR have different ranges. The m16 in TR 2 has longest range in TR 2,the mp5 has the longest range in TR 3. Now as to which has the longest range out of the two; I'm not sure.
What's up Greenapple!

Last edited by Frceghst8; 04-09-21 at 02:59.
Frceghst8 is offline   Reply With Quote