Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 09-04-21, 20:23   #3901
Raider8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRhalloween View Post
Legend would be the best TR game if it wasn't so short and linear.
Same opinion. Legend is full of fun and i cherish every level of it. I even enjoyed the constant chatting between lara and the lads at home unlike majority of people here. Legend was indeed a gem. What doesn't happiness last longer?
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 22:56   #3902
trfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
interesting. I think both of our positions might be unpopular.

I think TRA did the correct action in condensing The Cistern and opening bits of Tomb of Tihocan. The last time I played TR, I kept wondering why The Cistern was so praised by the fanbase over other levels that I felt were much better, such as Obelisk of Khamoon. I still like TRA's Cistern better.
I like the Cistern puzzle in TRA too and I can see why CD downgraded to a single room. There were definitely some annoying bits in the original level like Pierre constantly showing up and shooting rats every room you enter. The main focus of the level was using Lara's acrobats to get around the Cistern and that's exactly what CD tried to keep in TRA. I liked the original Cistern better though due to the split between land and underwater mechanics to complete the levels.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 10:39   #3903
Chamayoo

While I will not cry about the absence of 80% of Tomb of Tihocan (the only time when I think TR1 is dragging), I regret there is no side rooms in the Cistern of TRA. Also I like they tried to make the main puzzle without searching to 5 keys (that was overkilled at this time in TR1), but one or two wouldn't hurt.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 16:44   #3904
Heckler

In ROTTR, I still think that Lara wearing a very suspicious-looking Henley shirt before going through hordes of enemies and a seemingly endless trail of huge natural disasters and overdone explosions was CD's way of poking fun at Naughty Dog and the fans who keep comparing. It's Nathan Drake's signature look. Kind of think the thigh strap disappearing "bug" with that outfit was intentional too. No way a team that pays so much attention to visuals would let that one slip.
Heckler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 17:24   #3905
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
In ROTTR, I still think that Lara wearing a very suspicious-looking Henley shirt before going through hordes of enemies and a seemingly endless trail of huge natural disasters and overdone explosions was CD's way of poking fun at Naughty Dog and the fans who keep comparing. It's Nathan Drake's signature look. Kind of think the thigh strap disappearing "bug" with that outfit was intentional too. No way a team that pays so much attention to visuals would let that one slip.
Interesting observation! They seem to do those subtle jabs at the comparisons quite often. Some of the Trinity soldiers in Shadow also wear shirts that look very similar to Nathan Drake's outfit in the first UC1 trailer.

In the first Shadow trailer you can see one of those Trinity soldiers at 2:10: https://youtu.be/D1kTu2hacaI?t=130

Last edited by Wooxman; 10-04-21 at 17:27.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 20:55   #3906
LateRaider
Inactive

i think in hindsight naming the first reboot game "TOMB RAIDER" was a stupid move b/c ive had to explain to no less than 10 people so far that no, rise of the tomb raider is not the first game in the reboot trilogy
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 21:02   #3907
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
i think in hindsight naming the first reboot game "TOMB RAIDER" was a stupid move b/c ive had to explain to no less than 10 people so far that no, rise of the tomb raider is not the first game in the reboot trilogy
Aaaah yeah. This trend of naming the reboot of a game/film/fiction with no subtitles is always a bad idea to begin with.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-21, 19:24   #3908
PallasAthene

I hate the henley outfit from ROTTR. Don’t understand why it’s so popular.
PallasAthene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-21, 21:17   #3909
Heckler

^ What a coincidence. I replayed ROTTR last night (Also not a fan of the Nathan Drake outfit by the way. I usually wear Henleys when I'm at home relaxing ) which comes to my opinion.

For some reason I found Rise Jonah to be likeable (I hated him in the others). The acting was great and I had teary goosebumps when Konstantin stabbed him). On my first playthrough when it came out I really didn't like it and I raised an eyebrow at the second when I played it with my then-BF.

What just boggles my mind is that Jonah went from being a chilled Hawaiian guy to a caring African-looking guy to an all over the place South American looking guy though.

It's like CD's art team forgot about his ethnicity and just rolled the dice on the next one. Or he used hair-relaxer and had surgery before Shadow.

I just liked the Rise Jonah though. Rise had the best facial animations out of the 3 and his model really worked for it.

I could never get myself to like any of the other Reboot characters. They annoyed me but I think I'm going to be more open-minded about them.

Except for Sam. She can go play in traffic for all I care.
Heckler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 23:01   #3910
TrustyBow

Legend deserves a remake.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote