Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 12-04-21, 16:10   #23941
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Yeah, I can't imagine how severe she must have had it if she still passed even after seeking help in rehab, it's just so tragic.

I feel like a lot of people, I'll be honest myself included, kind of forgot anorexia is still very much a thing. It's not as discussed now as it was like 10-15 years ago when being super skinny was more heavily pushed as a beauty standard. I just hope if anything comes out of losing Nikki more people will talk about it again and not stigmatise/shame it.
It’s the same with any mental illness tbh... sadly, it normally takes somebody dying for people to pay attention and become aware of it
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 16:14   #23942
Lara_Fan1

I think it's because being a size 0 isn't a trend anymore in society that we seem to overlook anorexia. I remember when it was all over the papers/magasines that it was so unhealthy, it's not nice and it's not normal to be a size 0 so that put Anorexia on the map, everyone was talking about and everyone was aware of it. Nowadays it's the complete opposite, they're too busy degrading people for being a little too "fat" and being a size 14/16 is classed as overweight and they need to do something about it and completely forgetting the other side of the scale (no pun intended).
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 16:23   #23943
Yeauxleaux

Yes it was rampant in the 2000s, it seemed to peak around the time I was coming into my teens. I knew a couple girls at school who seemed to have mild forms of it, wildly fluctuating weight.

The newer "thicc" beauty standard has its own problems too, especially when it comes to all the dangerous butt surgeries, but I'm happy we're at least not shaming people as hard for being a healthy weight at this point. I always hated that back in the day, how literally you could just be a normal weight or someone who (like me) perhaps has more of an endomorph build where they're naturally thicker and that was "omg you're a fat albatross."
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 16:44   #23944
Lara_Fan1

I don't know if it's got better or worst tbh. I remember when I was in my teens and I was always 7st, extremely thin. I was fit and healthy but I always got comments about how skinny I was and how I looked ill all the time. Fast forward 10 years, I'm a lot heavier than I was and I just look in the mirror and I'm disgusted with myself and I now get comments like "Oh look how chubby you've gotten". There's always pressures an if you haven't got the 6-pack body or the toned figure (if you're female) then no one will bat an eyelid at you.

I just wish we could normalise bodies come in different shapes and sizes, I mean people say it but I don't think they actually mean it 99% of the time.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 17:04   #23945
Chocola teapot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekim View Post
Lil Nas noticed my art byeeeeee I feel so validated rn
Omg, That's wonderful! Talent always wins.
Chocola teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 22:03   #23946
lance6439

Walking into the store to buy frozen pizza is just such an experience. Much more better than ordering for delivery. wow.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 01:54   #23947
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Walking into the store to buy frozen pizza is just such an experience. Much more better than ordering for delivery. wow.
Digiorno pizza is my favorite! They used to make three meat Italian with pepperoni, Italian sausage, and salami and it was the greatest frozen pizza ever.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 23:25   #23948
lance6439

Digiorno pizza is literaLLY what I only get when it comes to buying pizza in store. But sometimes I do get those off-brand breakfast pizzas which are also the best!

-

customers and management at my first job were so annoying today.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 22:06   #23949
Zsott

So...
I've been talking with some friends and a question came up. Kind of suspecting the answers, who would say what, to be exact, but I'll still want to talk about it.

Situation is this:

You're on Grindr (or any dating/hookup app) and someone leaves you a message.
You're not interested, you won't even reply; because why wasting time.(I know, kind of an ass thing to do, but hey ho.)

So. No answer, is an answer?
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 22:21   #23950
SnatchingEdges

Mmmmm someone's lurking the alphabet around the D I see!

Don't reply to anyone unless they've replied first. They may be busy, disconnected or ignoring you for a reason. It's pretty embarrassing sending 1000s messages to someone who's avoiding you.

Some dudes don't get it and act like not reacting to their unoriginal pick up lines or 'hi' is a mass tragedy, but no answer is definetely an answer the same way a silence can be more meaningful than words!
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote