Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 13-08-17, 20:02   #11
VictorXD

^She doesn't though She just touches it like the rest of the classics (though I like the kneeling). She only puts stuff in her backpack in the LAU games (L&A are hardly noticeable though since it's so fast).
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 20:05   #12
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
^She doesn't though She just touches it like the rest of the classics (though I like the kneeling). She only puts stuff in her backpack in the LAU games (L&A are hardly noticeable though since it's so fast).
Yeah, it just checked that and you're right. And rephrased my post. Though I really like the kneeing. And what I also prefer in TR I-III is item stacking. It's really annoying that you have to pick up every single item individually in the other games. Underworld's pick-up animation was also good, though it's a bit funny that in this game she picks up huge stones and pushes them in her backpack without problems.

Last edited by Wooxman; 13-08-17 at 20:06.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 20:22   #13
Chamayoo

I will pick up things I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I'd prefer TR to no longer be a AAA game because we'd be getting better Tomb Raider games if it weren't a AAA franchise with a AAA budget and AAA sales expectations.
I agree and I even opened a thread to talk about it one year ago. I didn't anticipate such strong reactions against it. :0
However I still wanted to see Rise sequel before.

Quote:
-Ana and Konstantin were probably the best and most fleshed out villains in the franchise
I guess I agree too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
- The best TR related game on (modern) mobile platforms is also Lara Croft Go.
Well that is obvious to me.
The best TR game of the Millennium though... I'm not going to go that far, haha !

Last edited by Chamayoo; 13-08-17 at 20:27.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 20:23   #14
Reggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
- Keeley Hawes doesn't suit Lara as her voice. Nothing against her, but when she's the VA of Lara the calmness of her voice doesn't match the things Lara does during gameplay and in general she sounds rather like someone sitting in an armchair next to a fire place and telling stories. Though I don't blame Keeley for this but rather the voice over director who seems to have no clue about who Lara Croft is.
I agree 100% She was miscast as Lara.

She's a fantastic actress though:

Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 20:24   #15
TR1249

Quote:
Kinda ironic that you have an AoD avatar and post "negative" things about AoD. Though I totally agree with your points.
Thanks Yeah I like AOD Lara tho and I thought that avatar looks pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
- AoD deserves its bad reputation; its few good points do not make up for everything that went wrong (I love how almost everyone started with that. Only on this forum could this be a controversial opinion. )
- Kurtis was not one of the good points.
- The grid and associated control system were really good solutions to the problems they were trying to solve, and no TR game since has managed to solve these problems as well.
- No Tomb Raider game has ever had a good story. Not even AoD.
- It's fun to play as Lara but she's never been an interesting or well written character.
- The best TR related game of this millennium is Lara Croft Go.
- The best TR related game on (modern) mobile platforms is also Lara Croft Go.
- Rise was actually decent and fun, but I could not name you any reason why you should buy the game when you could spend the money on stuff like vitamin supplements, books you'll probably never read, or donate it to a charity whose cause you don’t care about.
- Anniversary is a full game, so Underworlds is TR9 (I think that’s whole debate has largely disappeared these days actually).
- It should be possible to tell an interesting story about Lara Croft and her daddy issues (I'm not saying anyone has done so yet, mind you).
- Blood Ties is a decent but uninspired rip-off of Gone Home (this is unpopular becaus you all haven’t played Gone Home. Do it. Now. Seriously, it’s short and cheap and amazing and shows what Blood Ties tried and failed to be).
- No TR music will ever be as great as the one in the boat in Venice.
- A first person Tomb Raider game could actually work really well.
- Tomb Raider could stand to have more trains.
- Edit to add: Underworld was the best LAU game, Anniversary the worst.

I’m mostly harping on Core here. That's because "Core made games that are better and more fun, and TR would never have become popular and iconic if it had started with Legend or the Reboot” does not seem unpopular here.

I’m willing to defend any and all of these points except for Underworld being best. I remember thinking it at the time, but I haven’t played any LAU games in years and have zero interest in ever doing so again, so my memory may be completely wrong. Underworld has that Kraken, right? And I think either Zip or Alister died or something?
I agree with you about LC Go. Underrated gem. Also with the first Person idea. You would feel more, that you actually are Lara

Nice opinions everybody. Interesting to see what everyone thinks

Last edited by TR1249; 18-08-17 at 20:29.
TR1249 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 20:31   #16
Saint Sophie

Lost City of Tinnos is ****.
Madubu Gorge is ****.
The Opera House is ****.

Cairo levels and the Mastabas are what is good about TR4.

Natla is a boring villain, whereas Marco Bartoli is an awesome one.

The Lost Valley (TR1) is hugely overrated, as is Palace Midas.

Oh yeah, and I friggin' love the motorcycle levels in Legend.

Last edited by Saint Sophie; 13-08-17 at 20:33.
Saint Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 20:40   #17
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Sophie View Post
Oh yeah, and I friggin' love the motorcycle levels in Legend.
I enjoyed them too. Especially Peru's one. The Kazakhstan one with the difficulty on max could be really tiresome though.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 20:48   #18
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Well that is obvious to me.
The best TR game of the Millennium though... I'm not going to go that far, haha !
Okay, how about century then?

Quote:
- TR I is overrated. Yes, it's the first game in the series, but it lacks a lot of polishing and refinement.
True. TR2 is my favorite, though I think objectively TR4 is the one where they came closest to perfecting the formula.

Quote:
- The reboot games are better than the LAU trilogy but not quite as good as the classics.
Is that unpopular? Seems pretty common to me (I agree, for what it's worth).

Quote:
- Carter Bell is underrated and doesn't get enough mentions by us.
Who? Not joking, I really have no idea.

Quote:
-Ana and Konstantin were probably the best and most fleshed out villains in the franchise
I think you're right about that, but I also think that's really sad.

Interesting opinions all around here!
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 20:59   #19
Patrick star

- TR1 is my least favorite Classic Tomb Raider .
- Cairo section in TR4 is fantastic .
- I love the length of TR4 , and it never felt like it was too much.
- I don't like Lara's original design , with the messed up proportions and alien-ish face .
- Legend is the best out of LAU .
- Judith is my least favorite VA for Lara .
- I don't really think highly of Lost City of Tinnos .
- I love the Kayak in Madubu Gorge .
- TR1 and Anniversary are in the same spot on my list , I don't prefer one over the other .
- I LOVE the Giza section in TR4 .
- I don't think the stories in TR2013 & Rise are as bad as people are making them out to be .
- I don't care about Kurtis Trent .
- I don't care about the Tomb Raider Suite , and If I were given the choice to bring an old composer back to work on a new TR game , I'd go with Peter Connelly or Troles Folmann , not sure if I'd even consider Nathan .
- TR4 is far better than the original trilogy .
- I love the crafting in Rise and I actually want to see it extended in the sequel , not scrapped .
- I love Reboot Lara .
- Konstantin is the best villain in the franchise , and Ana is the second best secondary character in the franchise next to Von croy .
- I don't care at all about TRAE .
- TLA is better than the entirety of TR3
- I don't like AJ as Lara Croft .
- I like realistic colors and I don't think it's a must for a location to have all colors of the rainbow for me to call it "beautiful" and atmospheric .
- I like the Soviet Installation in Rise .
- Reboot Lara is more attractive than Classic Lara but not more than Legend Lara .

I might add some more in subsequent posts , but that's it for now

Last edited by Patrick star; 13-08-17 at 21:05.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 21:08   #20
HD Simplicityy

I really enjoyed the reboot games. Not without their errors.
Camilla Luddington has done amazing work, but she does overdo the whiny and dramatic breathing aspect.
I don't like the original TR as much as others. I do like it though.
This might not be opinionated, but I liked RotTR's musical score FAR more than TR 2013.
Reboot Lara is gorgeous. I don't like classic Lara's looks.
I loved the collectables in each games. That might not be too opinionated either.
Really liked Blood Ties.

Last edited by HD Simplicityy; 13-08-17 at 21:20.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote