Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 22-03-21, 18:28   #21
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
You want everything to be racist.

Did your momma ever read you Dr. Suess books when you were little? Congratulations, you are a pre-conditioned racist.

No coz dr.suess animations and rhymes were always trash as hell. And I love how all the low IQ people think all the books were banned and not 6 very specific ones which depicted people of color in degrading styles
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 01:11   #22
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
No coz dr.suess animations and rhymes were always trash as hell. And I love how all the low IQ people think all the books were banned and not 6 very specific ones which depicted people of color in degrading styles
Well, I am simply using leftist logic, which goes like this:

If some Dr. Suess books are racist, then Dr. Seuss is a racist.
Therefore, ALL Dr. Suess books are racist.
And anyone who ever enjoyed any Dr. Suess book as a child is therefore racist.

BTW, what sort of books DID you have as a child? Just curious.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 03:11   #23
Uzi master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
I agree. I don't think you can downplay the intersectionality of this crime. He was clearly an adherent to a religious belief that taught having sex put his eternal soul at risk.

So removing the "temptation" was key, but I also think that he fixated on women of another race is not incidental. White supremacy has always taught that minorities are inherently over-sexed and promiscuous, therefore they presented a temptation deliberately.
I think the sexualization of other races is very prevalent outside of white supremacist beliefs. I think it's important to acknowledge that, because otherwise many would get the impression that their fetishization is fine because they don't see them as 'inferior'. Or even that they see them as 'superior' in a sense.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 12:55   #24
Dennis's Mom

If you don't want to call it white supremacy, I'm fine with that. White supremacy cover a lot more territory than sex and I agree is overbroad for this context, but fetishizing a race is still racist.

Even "positive" racism is racist. "Asians are good at math" while being positive, still racist because it removes individual humanity.

"I like Asian girls because *insert qualities here*" does the same thing. It's still a broad brush that you paint an entire sex and race with and those qualities are probably learned through means other than actual experience with Asian girls, i.e., tropes and stereotypes.

It doesn't make someone a de facto horrible person to prefer Asian girls as romantic partners, and I don't see why there can't be some intellectual honesty about what one likes and why.

Last edited by Dennis's Mom; 23-03-21 at 13:16.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 13:29   #25
Greatest TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Yeah because the FBI is always reliable
You wouldn't be saying that if it was the other way round.
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 14:32   #26
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
If you don't want to call it white supremacy, I'm fine with that. White supremacy cover a lot more territory than sex and I agree is overbroad for this context, but fetishizing a race is still racist.

Even "positive" racism is racist. "Asians are good at math" while being positive, still racist because it removes individual humanity.

"I like Asian girls because *insert qualities here*" does the same thing. It's still a broad brush that you paint an entire sex and race with and those qualities are probably learned through means other than actual experience with Asian girls, i.e., tropes and stereotypes.

It doesn't make someone a de facto horrible person to prefer Asian girls as romantic partners, and I don't see why there can't be some intellectual honesty about what one likes and why.
I just feel like there's a fine line you have to walk when dating interracially, in multiple ways. I've dated a variety of men of different backgrounds and first of all I try not to overthink it. You can be too obsessed with looking "proper and respectful" in all sorts of ways, even outside of race, to where it kills any natural interaction you have with people and that's really sad in my opinion. Especially with sexuality and romantic relationships, which is one of the most natural human instincts we have to play with.

Having said that, I've never gone into any situation where I've wanted someone to be some performative cultural caricature, nor do I date interracially because I have some weird pent-up resentment towards my own race or culture and therefore "settle" for something else (I don't exclude men of my background or other white men in general from my dating pool, I'm just open to other things). That's really weird to me when people date interracially for those reasons, which some people do.

There's a lot of reasons interracial dating happens. Some of it very innocuous and based purely on physical attraction to a certain race's typical features, which is fine in my opinion and pretty much my reason for doing it, some of it happens for political reasons and I'd avoid that like the plague. There's also certain combinations of races/genders that happen way more often than others as well, and that says a lot.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 23-03-21 at 14:36.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 17:02   #27
Dennis's Mom

Yeah, you like what you like aesthetically. I used to be all about blond pretty boys when I was young. Didn't marry one. Turns out a sense of humor pwns all.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote