Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 23-03-21, 21:11   #11
Koper

Angel of Darkness
I liked this game but today.. I am sorry, but what eidos did was the right thing. If you as a developer studio can not hold your word, you deserved to get punished. You have to be able to know your resources. And yes even if dealing with eidos was stressful, the game is and will be a mess. If you look at it this way you may be stop dreaming about an AoD remake (I do wish this sometimes though )

Legend
I thought this game was short and did not represent a good lara croft personality. Looking back I want her back and even it is still short but also damn great location wise.

Anniversary
I also did liked Anniversary. But playing the trilogy again you can see that this game is really messy and buggy..
Koper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 21:48   #12
redfox45

TR2 Heavy nostalgia glasses kept me from seeing all the things that weren't so great about TR2. It'll always have a special place in my heart, but my love for it is a lot healthier now.

The Last Revelation - It took nearly 20 years to get over the horrible first impression this game made on me when I rented it from Blockbuster. Currently in the middle of giving it a proper chance for the first time ever and thoroughly enjoying it. However it turns out, TR4 is definitely off the bottom end of the tier-list
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 21:48   #13
jajay119

Lara's characterisation and Camilla's delivery is not as bad as I initially thought it to be in TR2013 in hindsight.

TRU is not as good as I used to think. The camera, combat and crummy collision really ruing the experience..

My opinions of many classic era games haven't ever changed.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 23:59   #14
LateRaider
Inactive

i used to love the reboot and hate puzzles so i didnt understand the appeal of classic tr

then i started to love puzzles and hate the reboot to the point where i was an asshole about reboot lara

then i started to realize reboot lara has depth as a character and is great just like classic lara

thanks
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 00:06   #15
JsotoTRSaga

I felt Jonell was my least favorite Lara actress bc I grew up with Judith's voice. However sometime during the mid 2000's I suddenly fell in love with Jonell's voice and consider it to be the best voice suited for the character. I want Jonell back either her or Shelley.

I used to believe LAU was better and superior to the classics back when they were first released. I still do believe they're superior to the reboots though in their own way.

TR Reboot: Same as everyone else, I first thought in 2013 that it was the best direction to go with the franchise. Once Rise was released and we had to go through that soulless mess I quickly realized how mistaken I was. Bring Back Tomb Raider.

This one will be Harsh:

I used to believe AOD should have been realized and released as it was originally planned. However; Now I see why it never came to fruition and I'm glad it didn't. We can't change destiny, we must accept it, embrace it.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 24-03-21 at 00:15.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 00:54   #16
HarleyCroft

I used to always watch both Angie movies back-to-back but now I really can't watch Cradle of Life, it's so damn boring

The first is still fun tho If my opinion on that ever changes I'll bump this thread in 2085 when I'm super old and losing my mind
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 02:28   #17
Yuna´s Wish

- There was a time when I believed The Last Revelation was my favourite. A couple of years ago I realized it's one of the most boring and dull, if not THE most.

- I can now enjoy about 60% of Rise. It's grown with replays. Opposed to that, some levels/moments I liked (like The Orrery) aren't quite entertaining now.

- I thought TR3 was superior to TR2. I now believe the opposite. Strongly.

- I went from loving Underworld, to being indifferent, to believing I hated it, to finally loving it once again. Talk about changing opinions!
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 02:44   #18
trfan16

I used to rank Chronicles high up on my list along with TRI-IV, but after replaying it many years later it easily ranks at the bottom. The game is soulless even for the Classic gameplay. The only reason to play it is for the sake of completion. Lara's characterization is top notch though.

I remember the Karnak levels being my favorite section of TRIV, BUT when I play it many years later I found them to be pretty boring.

I originally liked how Legends ended with a cliffhanger and didn't mind the story spanning across three games. Now, I really wished the Avalon story was wrapped up properly in TRL instead of expanding the family drama over three games.

Shadow was originally my least favorite of the Reboot trilogy, but replaying it very recently it I definitely prefer it over Rise. If the game wasn't held back by the Reboot mechanics and Lara's characterization, it might beat out TR 2013.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 04:14   #19
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
I used to rank Chronicles high up on my list along with TRI-IV, but after replaying it many years later it easily ranks at the bottom. The game is soulless even for the Classic gameplay. The only reason to play it is for the sake of completion.
thank you my liege love to hear the correct opinion on this site
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 04:43   #20
lance6439

- I always hated TR4 but the story is so good and I know its going to be at least in my top 6 fave TR games ever (normally its close to last)

- I'm always switching my mind with the reboot games. At first I hated them. Then I loved them. Then I hated. Then I STANNED. Then I hated. And now I'm just neutral. I don't care for them. A Reboot trilogy was a mistake, unneeded, poorly crafted and sloppy. This iteration of LC is the most boring iteration there's ever been if you exclude the 2013 game/movie/comic.

- LAU aren't really worthy of being called TR games. I used to love them but now I see them as CD's attempt at what they think a Classic TR game was.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote