Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 26-03-21, 14:38   #1
dylan_croft

Default Gaming laptop/ pc advise

Hi everyone! I hope you all happy and healthy 💗 .

I really want your advice in buying a gaming laptop / pc ,, I want one that are capable of running games in ps5 graphics? What are the requirements I need ? What should i know and everything related.

I really need your help .

Thank you.
dylan_croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-21, 10:36   #2
moodydog

Hmm, whilst there are lots of choices these days, there is just unfortunately no stock.
The PC market is just as bad as the console market at the moment (if not, worse!)

Your best bet is to go with a gaming laptop to be honest, but these tend to be more expensive than the PC counterparts and not as powerful.

I would suggest the Asus Zephyrus g15, allthough I'm not sure about availability.

I'm actually thinking about going for the new Razer Blade 15, but the only thing putting me off is the lifetime of these machines.

It also depends on your gaming resolution:
If you want to buy a PC:

1080p (some 1440p)
RTX 3060/ 3060Ti,

1440p
RTX 3070

RTX 3080/ 3090

Don't buy yet

I've not looked into Radeon graphics cards yet.

Also, new Ryzen 5000 CPUs... if just for gaming, perhaps a Ryzen 5 (or 7)
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-21, 12:44   #3
egypt_gypsie

I genuinely would not buy a gaming laptop, ONLY because of the logistics of it. They have less longevity, it is harder to replace parts in them, and they are a lot more expensive.

Towers, you can swap parts in and out pretty easily, they last a lot longer, and you can control what you put in them, which controls the price. (You can do this with laptops too, but usually you have to buy the parts and then they assemble it for you. With parts for a tower, you have more freedom to shop elsewhere.)
egypt_gypsie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-21, 10:47   #4
moodydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt_gypsie View Post
I genuinely would not buy a gaming laptop, ONLY because of the logistics of it. They have less longevity, it is harder to replace parts in them, and they are a lot more expensive.

Towers, you can swap parts in and out pretty easily, they last a lot longer, and you can control what you put in them, which controls the price. (You can do this with laptops too, but usually you have to buy the parts and then they assemble it for you. With parts for a tower, you have more freedom to shop elsewhere.)
Well normal circumstances I wouldn't say gaming laptops, but at the moment, it seems like the only option.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote