Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 31-03-21, 19:01   #1
Tsarina

Red face Trans Day of Visbility

International Transgender Day of Visibility is an annual event occurring on March 31 dedicated to celebrating transgender people and raising awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people worldwide, as well as a celebration of their contributions to society.

A quote I always reshare from one of my favorite books, For Today I am a Boy, by Kim Fu.

Trans Day of Visivibility.
Visibility Saves Lives.

“So,” John said, “I’ll meet you at your place at eight, and we can walk over together?” “What? For what?” “The vigil.” “I’m not going to that.” I tried to ignore his surprise, his dogged faith. “Of course you are.” “I don’t know this person.” John continued to stand there, arms hanging down. The knife skidded so much I lost my grip and had to pick it up again. “It could’ve been you,” he said finally. “No,” I said, chopping bluntly, breaking more than slicing the lettuce, “it couldn’t. I’ve worked my whole life so that it couldn’t be me.” White flash of a face. Where did they go, those boys, after they left us behind? “Last night,” John began. He paused, still looking wounded. “You were so happy.” I gathered the lettuce into a bin and held it against my stomach like a barrier. “If it had been me, it would’ve been your fault.” John reeled as though I’d struck him. “You’re a coward,” he said. “You’ve worked your whole life because you’re a coward.” “What do you know? What do you know about anything?” His family moved for him. The hormones. The surgery he was allowed to accept or reject. I waved my arm around the kitchen, at the stunned cooks watching us. “Nobody has to know about you! You can blend in whenever you want!” “You honestly believe that? You think my life’s been easy?” “Yes, I think it’s been ****ing easy!” I screamed. “They don’t know! I didn’t know! I wish I still didn’t know!” I tried to shove past him. He touched my back. I remembered Humphrey Bogart’s hand, I remembered dancing, I remembered the gown twirling, I remembered the boy who complimented my ass, I remembered being told I was beautiful. I remembered the woman staring back at me in the Métro windows, her wink. I tried to pull away. John embraced me with my arms pinned to my sides, the lettuce bin between us, its raw, wet smell pushed toward our faces. In full view of the entire kitchen, he kissed me. A kiss that made me think of the woefully few people I had kissed in my life. A kiss that reminded me I had never been loved. A kiss that said I could not be John unless I risked being Dana.”

I wanted to create this thread to spread awareness, and to create a safe place for the Trans Community of the forum. If you identify as Trans, please post and I would love to hear your story. This is not a place to spread hate or ignorance, questions are welcome but please be respectful.

Last edited by Tsarina; 31-03-21 at 19:02.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 19:31   #2
Lara_Fan1

Great thread Tsarina, I’m not trans but I am an ally, as you well know . I didn’t know that 31st of March was trans awareness day so thank you for letting me know.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 20:13   #3
Quebsenuef

Great thread idea! I myself am not trans but I support them and am an ally.
Bigotry and hatred for someone simply trying to live their life is awful.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 20:33   #4
lance6439

Happy Trans Day of Visbility!
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 20:41   #5
Dennis's Mom

You are seen and welcome.

If you are on Twitter and need a follow for trans issues, I can recommend Charlotte Clymer. @cmclymer
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 23:57   #6
larafan25

is this why we wear pink i love it<3
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 00:01   #7
Lara_Fan1

Our are usernames pink because of trans awareness day? If so, Justin you’re awesome .
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 00:04   #8
Quebsenuef

Pink is one of my favorite colors so I love this
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 00:05   #9
wmcintosh
Inactive

Username colors for a purpose, thats cool.

Not trans myself, all for it.
wmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 00:52   #10
PedroTheGamer

I'm not a trans,cuz I'm loving it!
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote