Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 01-07-20, 18:36   #1
Feder

Exclamation Problems with WadTool in TR3 levels

Hello everyone!

A few days ago I started learning to use Tomb Editor for a TR3 project. So far it's been a great experiencie, despite some minor issues I noticed. But I did encounter a sort of game-breaking problem with the WAD files, so I wanted to ask for any suggestions

I use Fexmerger to merge objects into my custom levels, and I'm aware it does something to the .tr2 file because some bugs appear after using it (like the dissapearing trapdoors, missing sounds, etc.). Turns out, another consecuence of using Fexmerger is that Tomb Editor can no longer load the WAD (.tr2) file afterwards:

This is not Tomb Editor's fault, apparently it's a Fexmerger problem. Now it shouldn't be an issue because TE comes with a WadTool that works fine for TR3 levels, except for one thing: I can't change the ID of the objects in the WAD, even so it does have that option, it doesn't work

I change the number and press OK, but nothing happens. The same thing happens when I press "< add object to different slot", I set the number but the object doesn't add, and this error message comes up: "no objects were copied".

In addition, WadTool cannot open files after using Fexmerger, so I can't change the IDs with that tool and then add them with WadTool, because this message appears:

If I'm not able to change the ID number, objects will overlapse and replace, so I'm not going to be able to have all the objects I need...

Am I doing something wrong? Missing one step?
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 12:18   #2
Lwmte

FexMerger corrupts animcommands in certain animations after merging several objects from different levels.
I remember long ago I've encountered this bug when Lara suddenly stopped rolling properly after I've used FexMerger on base level. I guess this is the reason. Probably there is certain FexMerger build floating somewhere which has this bug fixed. But if not - I don't recommend using FexMerger at all because results may be unpredictable.

As for your other issue - that was WadTool bug and it will be fixed in the next version.

Also, check your PM

Last edited by Lwmte; 02-07-20 at 12:35.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 15:03   #3
Feder

Great I installed the fix you sent me and now it works perfectly! There is no need to keep using Fexmerger now
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote