www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 27-07-19, 21:52   #71
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Closed door promotion for games is extremely common though. My guess is that it's because they're still changing things (character models, etc) and they're waiting to get that polished before showing everyone.
I sit on two edges regarding this, just like I did with SOTTR. I understand behind doors stuff, and all. In SOTTRs case it was simply terrible. Lots of closed doors, and barely anything public, and what they made public, the very first appearance was made with a low graphical showing. I think there needs to be a better balance. Showing stuff behind doors, after announcing it publicly is a bit stupid IMO, and especially after they proceed to make the public wait for so long after those close doors showings.

I applaud them for having these closed door events where they allow fans to gather and see and celebrate in person, but they need to balance out regarding the public then. This feels like SOTTR all over again though
Old 27-07-19, 21:57   #72
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I sit on two edges regarding this, just like I did with SOTTR. I understand behind doors stuff, and all. In SOTTRs case it was simply terrible. Lots of closed doors, and barely anything public, and what they made public, the very first appearance was made with a low graphical showing. I think there needs to be a better balance. Showing stuff behind doors, after announcing it publicly is a bit stupid IMO, and especially after they proceed to make the public wait for so long after those close doors showings.

I applaud them for having these closed door events where they allow fans to gather and see and celebrate in person, but they need to balance out regarding the public then. This feels like SOTTR all over again though
Yeah that's fair. Imo anything closed doors should be done way early and under NDA, then public showing after they have something more polished with improvements based on some fan feedback. Doing closed door showings mere months before release with very little time to change anything is a bit odd for sure.

Imo the private SOTTR reveal should have been livestreamed to the public. Invite press and cosplayers and fans, but it would have been more exciting if fans at home got to see the reveal as well.
Old 27-07-19, 22:02   #73
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Yeah that's fair. Imo anything closed doors should be done way early and under NDA, then public showing after they have something more polished with improvements based on some fan feedback. Doing closed door showings mere months before release with very little time to change anything is a bit odd for sure.

Imo the private SOTTR reveal should have been livestreamed to the public. Invite press and cosplayers and fans, but it would have been more exciting if fans at home got to see the reveal as well.
I agree with this
Old 28-07-19, 00:47   #74
Error96
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I am happy for them to have exclusive preview events for press and fans. It's wonderful to have these but I do have issues if they are hand-picking everyone who comes along. I believe at least some of the tickets should be advertised freely for any fans to purchase. I don't think you get a proper range of feedback if you choose too much who is there.

For anybody who has had the chance to go to these events I am interested to find out how much it is gaming press and how much the fans.
Old 28-07-19, 05:37   #75
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
I am happy for them to have exclusive preview events for press and fans. It's wonderful to have these but I do have issues if they are hand-picking everyone who comes along. I believe at least some of the tickets should be advertised freely for any fans to purchase. I don't think you get a proper range of feedback if you choose too much who is there.

For anybody who has had the chance to go to these events I am interested to find out how much it is gaming press and how much the fans.
I went. The high majority who were there were gaming press, but I think it was Meagan who reached out to local TR fans she knew of to have them attend too. I don't know the specifics or anything, but from the outside looking in, I was under the impression that it was intended as a press event and inviting us local fans was a nice gesture from the community team showing us some love.

Was definitely appreciated for sure. I have my complaints about some of the higher ups not caring about classic fans and whatnot, but I can say without a doubt that the community team (Meagan and Morrigan) truly do care about the TR community and everyone in it, whether they like the new games or only the old ones, or all of them, either way they care for all of us and do everything they can to make the community happy.
Old 29-07-19, 14:06   #76
killchan
Explorer

by locking them inside escape rooms

Last edited by killchan; 29-07-19 at 14:53.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote