Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 15-04-20, 21:05   #1
JsotoTRSaga

Question Bernard or Pierre?

Hello fellow Tomb Raiders. In this time of boredom due to the coronavirus I had a question pop up in my head and it's something I had been wondering for quite some time. Which path do you prefer to take when you play Tomb Raider AOD and reach the parisian ghetto? Do you go for good ol stinky Bernard or do you go for the total loser Pierre?

I personally always try to go the Bernard route, I even end up in the park where he is since I've a routine once I am done dealing with Janice and the drug dealer of going through the sewers before reaching either Pierre or Bernard. But like I said I try... but most of the time when I approach Bernard and interact with him I can't resist to piss him off and be rude to him so I end up with the Pierre route. It has happened to me in the Monstrum Crimescene too in which sometimes I can't resist not being rude to Luddick and calling him an unsavory little runt. Or telling him: "is that it? Is that all you've got". It is a guilty pleasure of mine I am sure somebody must relate to. Sometimes pissing off the characters is worth it just for Jonell's angry and bitchy performance. It is funny. I always enjoy being rude to Luddick, or having no money when Luddick tries to sell the Scorpion X. Lara's reactions in this game are priceless and varied.

Which way do you choose?
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-20, 21:44   #2
Tomb Raidering

I talk to Janice and head straight to the miserable old devil. I choose “Be polite to strangers. You never know who they are,” and “You’d better not give me the run around old man!” to piss off him. Of course he doesn’t help. So I go to Pierre and make a deal with him. He’s route makes me meet queen Francine. ‘Nuff said...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-20, 22:07   #3
ThatNorskChick

I generally go with Pierre. I love how much Lara intimidates him. "You wouldn't want to see my dangerous side..."

Plus, I have to stop by and say what's up to Kurtis.
ThatNorskChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-20, 22:18   #4
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatNorskChick View Post
I generally go with Pierre. I love how much Lara intimidates him. "You wouldn't want to see my dangerous side..."

Lara was going to flirt with Kurtis in the cafe, saying “Don’t let me distract you from your paper.” (from the datamined deleted voiceovers)
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-20, 23:06   #5
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
I talk to Janice and head straight to the miserable old devil. I choose “Be polite to strangers. You never know who they are,” and “You’d better not give me the run around old man!” to piss off him. Of course he doesn’t help. So I go to Pierre and make a deal with him. He’s route makes me meet queen Francine. ‘Nuff said...
I always do this route. I enjoy seeing Kurtis ride on his bike before we enter Le Serpent Rouge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatNorskChick View Post

Oh yes! I love how nasty Lara is to Pierre, he totally deserves it for forgetting that box at Le Serpent Rouge and making us go search for it... (why couldn't he just go pick it up himself? ) and for cheating on Francine with the corner prostitute. How realistic.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 15-04-20 at 23:07.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-20, 23:48   #6
Samz

I tend to alternate between the two.

I tend to go Pierre's since you get an extra enemy. (and AOD has the lowest kill count of the series.) you can actually enter a bit of Bernard's section (The bit under the hatch.) through the door for the chocolate bar and ammo on top of the crate.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-20, 09:46   #7
JoelCaesar

Is there a distinctly better route? Do you get more ammo or sellable items in one route compared to the other?
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-20, 10:09   #8
_Seth

I go Bernard's route because the €160 you spend on him is more offset by the Flintlock you can sell, so you actually profit more money this way. You can also still go and collect the Vintage Cognac in the lower levels.

It hurts to have to not be rude to him, though, but I want to maximise profits. XD Same with Luddick, I wish to purchase the Scoprion X off him.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-20, 13:10   #9
tomee

I usually go the Pierre route. I don't have a preference between Pierre and Bernard themselves, but I love the way Lara sneaks into the cemetery through Francine's apartment and the descent from the balconies.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-20, 16:19   #10
Profc

I also like the Pierre route, it's fun to descend down to the cemetery. Every once in a while I pick the third route: the doorman. I really like that conversation. "Are you planning on retiring soon?"
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote