www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 12-11-19, 11:19   #21
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
The fact it has the Terminator name will guarantee at least a a handful of sales. I hope it's good.
An absolute minimum, sure. The franchise's name is tainted.

EDIT:

I took a look at the reviews. So far, the game has 5 Metacritic reviews so far, with an average of 48/100 score, indicating 'generally unfavourable'. Highest score is 70, lowest is 40.

Metacritic scores

Last edited by ggctuk; 15-11-19 at 21:42.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-19, 21:53   #22
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
An absolute minimum, sure. The franchise's name is tainted.

EDIT:

I took a look at the reviews. So far, the game has 5 Metacritic reviews so far, with an average of 48/100 score, indicating 'generally unfavourable'. Highest score is 70, lowest is 40.

Metacritic scores
Well, the steam review and scores say something completely different:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...or_Resistance/

Overall, people who have actually played the game are enjoying the hell out of it. Sure, there have been complaints about issues with graphics and overall visuals of the game but other than that, its been a hit.

Check out this review:

Old 16-11-19, 22:23   #23
killchan
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
I haven't played the game yet, but.. eh, I know this ""reviewer"" and I must say he's not very good at his job.

He's supposedly specialized in FPS, but you'll notice he moves all over the ****ing place, bounces around, strafes like a terrified monkey when he's against literal sitting ducks, and aims down the sights even when the target literally covers his entire field of view. All this just to make the video and the game fancier than it is.
Old 16-11-19, 22:58   #24
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
I haven't played the game yet, but.. eh, I know this ""reviewer"" and I must say he's not very good at his job.

He's supposedly specialized in FPS, but you'll notice he moves all over the ****ing place, bounces around, strafes like a terrified monkey when he's against literal sitting ducks, and aims down the sights even when the target literally covers his entire field of view. All this just to make the video and the game fancier than it is.
Well its no secret that the game falls short of visuals and the reviewer himself points that out. However, no one is under the impression that the game is a triple A hit. It was a low budget game made by a low budget studio.

However, the game is a love letter to the Terminator 1 and 2 movies. The mechanics are on point, the game play is fun and there is plenty of fanservice for the Terminator die hard fans who mind you are just coming out of their disappointment phase after watching Terminator Dark Fate.
Old 21-11-19, 15:33   #25
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Today I said **** it and I preordered it .
Old 23-11-19, 16:17   #26
killchan
Explorer

8 hours in on Extreme difficulty and... I think it's fine.
It wants to be Metro (scavenging (A LOT), hacking (for convenience), stealth (if you want), picklocking (if you want the good stuff), exploration (plenty and intuitive)) and it shows. Many of the weapons you have to find them by exploring, and some areas are locked behind hacking and picklocking skill requirements.

You can turn it into a pretty easy game depending on how you spend your skill points and weapon upgrades and the way you make use of the x-ray gogles that allow you spot enemies through walls.

Maybe It was a deliberate choice to allow the player to turn this game into COD with terminators if they wanted to... but if you do you can always crank the difficulty up to compensate that, and the reason is that these T-800 are slow and barely move: as long as you have the upper hand, you'll survive.

Ultimately, the presentation might not be up to par with some of the better AA releases and balance isn't exactly the best part of it, but it's clear these guys have played enough videogames to at least know makes a game fun and engaging, no matter the playstyle you go for.

Old 23-11-19, 16:41   #27
Mani_Man
Professor

Its so weird, the sum of the people who played it really like it but say its not a great game.

There seems to be a lot of love for the source material and that they did the best possible with what is clearly a incredible small budget.

Im happy that many gave it a try and seem to enjoy it, i hope the sales are well enough that they can continue with a bigger budget.
I feel like they have something here if they can expand on everything.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 20:52   #28
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Here is a clip from a fan made Future War game called "Tech Com 2020." Its basically a prequel to the story of Kyle Reese before the Terminator. IMO, this game addressed every issue that has plagued the Terminator: Resistance game.

- The graphics are smoother, cleaner and more refined.

- The Hunter Killers aren't a bunch of Morons. They can easily spot you if you are not careful and they will quickly kill you.

Old 23-11-19, 21:54   #29
Mani_Man
Professor

That looks pretty cool, but the guy in the Video annoys the hell out of me, need to watch this on a different channel again.
But man, this "future" setting hooks me in so much, normally im not into future scenarios.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote