www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-10-19, 11:20   #6061
dg1995
Student
 
dg1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 244
Default

Remember the time that DMC fans were angered by DMC 4 Pachinko when Capcom was secretly making DMC 5 ?

This might be the case here.

Also Survive is a good low budget game that was trashed because it was cool to hate Konami.(also all of popular reviewers just trashed Survive for views and clicks)

I think that Konami is making a new SH/MGS game for PS5/Xbox2 currently.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 13:24   #6062
jajay119
Tomb Raider
 
jajay119's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 18,998
Default

Iím not confident they are. I think MG survive was a quick win to recoup money probably spent during the whole mess of MGS5ís development. Looking on it, with a level head, I donít think Konami really deserved all the hate they got however I do think their focus has moved away from making actual games now.

If they are looking into new games however I hope they are planning on a solid team to take the series in a solid direction not palming it off on cheap studios or ones that donít understand the series. A proper remake of the first game could be a good place to start. SHís latter years were littered with games that didnít hit the mark and if we are going to get more games like Homecoming or Shattered Memories or ones with good intentions but poor quality like Downpour Iíd rather the series just died peacefully. Iíve done my grieving for it now.
__________________
Merry Christmas, Ya filthy animal.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 14:17   #6063
noonbob
Professor
 
noonbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nowhere.
Posts: 3,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Iím not confident they are. I think MG survive was a quick win to recoup money probably spent during the whole mess of MGS5ís development. Looking on it, with a level head, I donít think Konami really deserved all the hate they got however I do think their focus has moved away from making actual games now.

If they are looking into new games however I hope they are planning on a solid team to take the series in a solid direction not palming it off on cheap studios or ones that donít understand the series. A proper remake of the first game could be a good place to start. SHís latter years were littered with games that didnít hit the mark and if we are going to get more games like Homecoming or Shattered Memories or ones with good intentions but poor quality like Downpour Iíd rather the series just died peacefully. Iíve done my grieving for it now.
Totally agree.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 16:15   #6064
dg1995
Student
 
dg1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
If they are looking into new games however I hope they are planning on a solid team to take the series in a solid direction not palming it off on cheap studios or ones that don’t understand the series. A proper remake of the first game could be a good place to start. SH’s latter years were littered with games that didn’t hit the mark and if we are going to get more games like Homecoming or Shattered Memories or ones with good intentions but poor quality like Downpour I’d rather the series just died peacefully. I’ve done my grieving for it now.
I personally believe that making a remake of older games is a mistake because MGS fans will just hate it similar to the way they hated Twin Snakes.(Since they will just compare it unfairly with their Kojima versions.)

Rebooting MGS with completely new characters or making sequels is a much better option.
MGS has a lot of space for new games.(They can make a Boss game, a MGS game after 4 with a completely new character , a MGS game set between 5 and Metal Gear 1 etc)

Edit: Imo Shattered Memories is a great game.It just wasn't successful because it was exclusive for Wii,PSP and PS2.(Which the latter ones were poor compared to the wii versions.)

Last edited by dg1995; 13-10-19 at 16:18.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 16:30   #6065
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider
 
Quebsenuef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray
Posts: 13,011
Default

I donít think weíll see another Silent Hill game ever or at least for a long time, and honestly the way Konami operates I wouldnít want another SH game anyway.

Nothing can top the first 4.
Thatís just a given hahaha

And donít remake them. The community lost their collective minds with the HD collection.. which Konami ****ed up.

Just leave it alone. I can relive my favorite games forever. I doubt someone else, with Konami at the helm, will be able to make such art again
__________________
Face and defeat your Guilt
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 16:31   #6066
CroftManiac05
Archaeologist
 
CroftManiac05's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Στην κοσμάρα μου
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Rebooting MGS with completely new characters or making sequels is a much better option.
MGS has a lot of space for new games.(They can make a Boss game, a MGS game after 4 with a completely new character , a MGS game set between 5 and Metal Gear 1 etc)
I just want Rising Revengeance for the PS4 and I'll be happy.
__________________
Φιλας την αναπηρη?
CroftManiac05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 16:32   #6067
jajay119
Tomb Raider
 
jajay119's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 18,998
Default

With regards to MGS I agree. Solid snake is alluded to be dead after the events of MGS4 so to me setting it in the future with another protagonist is the way to go. I wouldn’t mind a remake of MGS1 or MG1+2. Fans would get over anything wrong with it and would probably still buy it anyway. I personally enjoyed the GameCube one so...

Also with regards to Shattered Memories I cannot agree. I played the PSP and Wii version and both were not enjoyable experiences for me just in terms of a gameplay perspective. It was dull, repetitive and to some extend broken because the hide feature never worked. Trying to then make it work as a Silent Hill experience, let alone a remake of a classic, is even more problematic. I’m glad you enjoyed it but it was a terrible silent hill game on every level in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I don’t think we’ll see another Silent Hill game ever or at least for a long time, and honestly the way Konami operates I wouldn’t want another SH game anyway.

Nothing can top the first 4.
That’s just a given hahaha

And don’t remake them. The community lost their collective minds with the HD collection.. which Konami ****ed up.

Just leave it alone. I can relive my favorite games forever. I doubt someone else, with Konami at the helm, will be able to make such art again
I personally enjoy Origins a lot more than The Room which to me felt like a side project Team Silent wanted to make but Konami forced into the silent hill series. To me The Room marks the start of when the series went down hill.
__________________
Merry Christmas, Ya filthy animal.

Last edited by jajay119; 13-10-19 at 16:34.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 17:03   #6068
KManX89
Historian
 
KManX89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Also Survive is a good low budget game that was trashed because it was cool to hate Konami.(also all of popular reviewers just trashed Survive for views and clicks)
No it's not:



A new SH will never happen and even if, by some miracle, it does, I have little faith in Konami NOT to it up after Metal Gear Survive and Contra Rogue Corps.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 17:05   #6069
dg1995
Student
 
dg1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 244
Default

Believe what you want.

But I have played Survive for 200 hours unlike majority of those negative reviews that just played survive for like 2-3 hours.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-19, 20:23   #6070
noonbob
Professor
 
noonbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nowhere.
Posts: 3,133
Default

Imagine if this was an official teaser for a SH2 Remake (I know it's not). How would you feel?

noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.