www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 15-11-19, 15:15   #3111
Cat Woman
Explorer

Tomb Raider Legend (replaying on xBox One) after a very long time.
Old 15-11-19, 16:45   #3112
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Tomb Raider the angel of darkness

I hate the slow mo bug in this game
Old 15-11-19, 17:49   #3113
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Tomb Raider the angel of darkness

I hate the slow mo bug in this game
What's the slow-mo bug? first I've heard of it.

I finished GTA London 1961, that was an...experience.

Had to grind out the last few points with a little over half an hour of rampaging.
Old 15-11-19, 19:19   #3114
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
What's the slow-mo bug? first I've heard of it.

I finished GTA London 1961, that was an...experience.

Had to grind out the last few points with a little over half an hour of rampaging.
Have you played AOD on PS2?

There is a Slow motion bug or glitch that you experience in certain parts of the game. In this which is my most recent playthrough it was really noticeable for me in all of the areas it happens and I believe it's every level at least on my version of the game. Every level has at least one spot where slow mo will be triggered. If the game was finished I bet we wouldn't have this issue but thank Eidos for that
Old 08-12-19, 19:54   #3115
rewak
Professor

Obduction

I never had the patience or the understanding of moon logic for Myst but apart from one puzzle that tried to make me learn Base 4 Maths (thank you Google for doing that for me) I had a good time with this and felt smart when I finally solved the puzzles
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 20:11   #3116
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Have you played AOD on PS2?

There is a Slow motion bug or glitch that you experience in certain parts of the game. In this which is my most recent playthrough it was really noticeable for me in all of the areas it happens and I believe it's every level at least on my version of the game. Every level has at least one spot where slow mo will be triggered. If the game was finished I bet we wouldn't have this issue but thank Eidos for that
You sure that's not lagging?
Old 09-12-19, 00:44   #3117
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

MediEvil Remake and MediEvil, the original version included in the game.

Camera could be better, I won't deny it.

Other than that, it was lovely. And I appreciate the subtle (and not so subtle) changes made here and there. Having the original as part of the pack does help spotting the differences.

Dan's Helmet did make the Remake's playthrough way more intense

9/10
Old 09-12-19, 02:17   #3118
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I was doing a complete series playthrough (minus TRU & GOL bc of a lack of PS3) and have enjoyed every single entry for what they are once again however when it comes to Shadow it really is it's own thing. This recent playthrough made me feel so mixed about it, more than ever. Let's start by saying It's nothing like classic Tomb Raider sure it's got some great callbacks, the best we've had for a long time i'll give it that but the game is more of an rpg tribal simulation game. The game could easily be used in a museum to showcase how maya people lived. It does well in that regard and it's exploration is fun but the forced walking, bugs galore even worse than AOD, lack of poliishing, lack of attention to detail and lack of further classic iconography and attitude really held it back. It feels a lot like AOD at parts but it is worse somehow... like... It's a mix between TRU, AOD, Call of Duty, Tribal simulation and Uncharted that is exactly how I feel about it. There is something about the pacing that isn't so good either, Rise did it better.

Overall it's a: 6.5/10 game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
You sure that's not lagging?
I'm sure.

Have you played AOD? At the top of the rooftop from the first level you get the first bug I mention in every version of the game as far as I'm concerned. Every level has at least 1 part that slows down and it is really annoying. Nevertheless I consider that less game breaking than say Shadow of the Tomb Raider's forced walking and that isn't a glitch but a developer choice.
Old 09-12-19, 03:11   #3119
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

The Last Revelation.

TR4 did the apocalypse theme wayyy better than Shadow. in Shadow it was always sunny af and you weren't even in a rush, just spending time fetching dice and listening to peasants and in TR4 Classic OG Lara the queen herself says she is tired by the time she reaches Alexandria, but she keeps pushing forward. There's rising skeletons from the ground, mummies, giant scorpions, green and red thundering skies, an Egyptian evil god. Shadow could never. Imagine a TR4 remake with today's technology. Might just be a GOTY candidate right there

EDIT: Chronicles too now. I LOVE Ireland so much omg it gets better everytime I need it remastered please

Last edited by Athukraz; 10-12-19 at 00:54.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 11:58   #3120
CroftManiac05
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
TR4 did the apocalypse theme wayyy better than Shadow.
That's what I'm seeing as I play SOTTR rn. The story gets so self absorbed over Trinity and Paititi that it forgets the "end of the world" theme.