www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 21-03-12, 20:34   #21
Love2Raid
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtoFu View Post
Going out to get Ninja Gaiden 3 (NINJA DOG!!! from what I'm hearing) right now. There Will Be Boobs.

Told ya.
I'm jealous. Should I be jealous?

(how's the game?)
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 20:55   #22
BtoFu
Relic Hunter

I guess you could say it feels a bit neutered compared to the previous games. I've barely broken a sweat across the first couple of missions and the (random?) QTE stigma makes it feel like you just catch plenty of breaks instead of having to keep on your toes constantly. I'm a pretty big fan of the games, but I'm not so deep into the dogma of Itagaki's masochism to feel like WAAAH THIS GAME IS TOO EASY. Hayashi's vision is definitely different...he wants to make you feel like a badass without making you work too hard for it. The camera's true focus is inside the fray, not outside for strategic purposes as in the previous two games. Honestly I wasn't liking what I saw in the previews, but playing it I can feel the impact of the moves and it feels solid. Also the story/voicework is really crappy...I've been laughing quite a bit at the girl in awe of his (tight leather and veiny) power and he's just like 'okay whatever'.

It may have lost the old flavour but it's not a 3/10. IGN can suck one.
BtoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 21:10   #23
Love2Raid
Tomb Raider

Hmm, I heard about the QTE's. Never was a big fan of those, oh well. :-/
I don't know if I mind that much that it's more forgiving, lol. The previous ones were really gamepad-breaking hard for me, haha. But that was part of why they were so awesome. That feeling when you beat it.
(Never finished them on the hardest difficulties though.) I was thinking of firing up 2 again, to see how far I get now and to remember how frustrating games used to be. They just don't make them like that anymore!

I read that the hardest difficulty is available as DLC, so strange! (Not that I would bother trying, probably not. )
Old 21-03-12, 21:14   #24
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

F yeah!

Old 21-03-12, 21:24   #25
BtoFu
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
Hmm, I heard about the QTE's. Never was a big fan of those, oh well. :-/
I don't know if I mind that much that it's more forgiving, lol. The previous ones were really gamepad-breaking hard for me, haha. But that was part of why they were so awesome. That feeling when you beat it.
(Never finished them on the hardest difficulties though.) I was thinking of firing up 2 again, to see how far I get now and to remember how frustrating games used to be. They just don't make them like that anymore!

I read that the hardest difficulty is available as DLC, so strange! (Not that I would bother trying, probably not. )
I'm playing on normal and it feels like you could probably get through half of it blindfolded, which is a weird feeling when you think about the focus it took on the previous games. Remember wanting to quit on the original at the end of stage one with Murai beating your ass with his nunchaku? Yeah I haven't really felt that yet but it's early days and I'm in no rush. Still whether I like it or not by the end of it, I will do a follow-up Hard and then Master Ninja run simply because it's not Gaiden if it doesn't ever break me.

Not really surprised they DLC'd something like that, quick unlocks seem to be the Japanese notion right now. Plus Tecmo are greedy like that.
BtoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 21:46   #26
Love2Raid
Tomb Raider

Indeed, it's not a proper Ninja Gaiden if it doesn't make you pull your hair out!
Enjoy (the rest of) the game!
Old 21-03-12, 21:51   #27
TRDaz
Tomb Raider

TRDaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 21:52   #28
Love2Raid
Tomb Raider

^
Asura's Wrath! Another game that I really want. *_*