www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 30-10-19, 02:22   #1581
Stryke
Hobbyist

I'm currectly studying AOD because I'm using some music from the game for my TRLE but I'm not here to talk about the game's bugs. Despite everything, the opening scene makes me feel it's a TR game. It was THE example of how to change the character Lara Croft but keep the roots. CD doesn't understand TR imo.

Anyway, the opening FMV fascinates me. Her backpack and hair is so important here. That backpack must give her some power or something lol. Idk, I kinda see what you all love about AOD now. In my own way I guess. I still consider this a classic and should be played because of its secrets. And not the registered ones in the games 1-6.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 21:40   #1582
Samz
Relic Hunter

So is the cut silencer still somewhere in whatever way they store weapons Lara has equipped but on her back/holsters?

I deleted a Lara replacement mid-level and well, her model got a bit weird.

Old 05-11-19, 21:55   #1583
Boobandie
Professor

Yeah. All of the things Lara can equip are stored in her model, including the harpoon gun, the silencer, and the diving mask.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 22:54   #1584
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Yeah. All of the things Lara can equip are stored in her model, including the harpoon gun, the silencer, and the diving mask.
So are the Harpoon gun/diving mask textured and such like this? as in they look normal?

Last edited by Samz; 05-11-19 at 22:55.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 23:08   #1585
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
So are the Harpoon gun/diving mask textured and such like this? as in they look normal?
Yup. It's possible to get the mask to appear on to Lara's face, however the harpoon gun apparently has no code so despite the model being there you cant actually equip it.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 08:34   #1586
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Yup. It's possible to get the mask to appear on to Lara's face, however the harpoon gun apparently has no code so despite the model being there you cant actually equip it.
Yeah I was just curious about the model.

I suppose its a bit like the body-groups function in Gmod.
Old 15-11-19, 18:50   #1587
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

This has been confusing me for awhile. On my last AoD playthrough, I came across a weird bug. I was on Tomb of Ancients, at the broken bridge. I jumped to the gargoyles as intended by the designers, but Lara immediately held the ledge and let go of it. After a few tries, I decided to jump, tap the Action button and let go of the button. This time Lara grabbed the ledge, but she did her ‘grip losing’ animation slow-mo and let go of the ledge again. I somehow fixed it, can’t recall how. Just wanted to share...
Old 15-11-19, 22:04   #1588
Kidd Bowyer
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
Despite everything, the opening scene makes me feel it's a TR game. It was THE example of how to change the character Lara Croft but keep the roots. CD doesn't understand TR imo.
The thing about changing a character is that you need to have a solid, consistent base to work from.

AOD Lara, despite her abrasiveness, is still clearly Lara Croft. She's daring, she's witty, she's inquisitive, and she's got class. Compared to her earlier incarnations, she's much angrier and less patient - she's been through some s**t, and she's bloody furious about it. But you can see the through-line here. Like "Yes, this is probably how Lara would act if the baddies decided to make things personal."
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-19, 22:23   #1589
Samz
Relic Hunter

Just curious, can anyone upload an image of Lara wearing the cut-face mask item? never seen it.

Also would it have just been cosmetic?, I recall its an item in INVENT but I can't see how it would have worked mechanically except just as an cosmetic item.

Last edited by Samz; 15-11-19 at 22:28.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-19, 23:57   #1590
Zsott
Archaeologist

If you mean the goggles and/or the rebreather (I can't recall anything else on her face, besides the gas mask) for the diving suit, then check out thatnorskchick2's ' It's Lara Croft, bitch: Leftovers' video, at 1:45. ( I can't post the link, since it would break rules)

Interesting enough, it is visible when she's changing out of the diving suit.

Last edited by Zsott; 15-11-19 at 23:59.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote