www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 09-11-19, 20:54   #111
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
It depends on what you like. I enjoyed it...for a time. I feel like the games WAY too big and full of too many repetitive missions. I'm yet to even finish the main campaign.
Precisely why I stopped playing it.

One day I hope developers realize that big open world does not always equal best decision. Origins was IMO a very good size, there was no need to expand it so unnecessary much.
Old 09-11-19, 21:04   #112
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post

One day I hope developers realize that big open world does not always equal best decision. Origins was IMO a very good size, there was no need to expand it so unnecessary much.
a good third of the Origins map was empty desert. Honestly, I don't see the fascination with creating these huge open worlds with nothing really going on in them at all. I personally preferred it when AC took a more sandbox approach to it's design where it's trickle fed areas to you. It guided he gameplay and story so much better... of course, that's when Ubisoft cared about a story.
Old 10-11-19, 07:30   #113
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post

See here's the thing I found Origins very bland and boring, I never finished that game. However, I found Oddysey to be very engaging and breathtaking in its visuals and I spent hours just doing sidequests.
Old 10-11-19, 12:39   #114
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
It depends on what you like. I enjoyed it...for a time. I feel like the games WAY too big and full of too many repetitive missions. I'm yet to even finish the main campaign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
I think I'm in the minority, but I didn't particularly enjoy Odyssey. The RP elements are very shallow, the gameplay became repetitive too quickly, and the story felt lacklustre (all in my opinion, obviously). The world was pretty, but the game taught my brain to look for those darn branches and pieces of ore rather than the actual scenery.
Also, be aware that it's the only Assassin's Creed game I've played. A fan of the series would probably have a better experience. Furthermore, most TRF'ers who posted in the Assassin's Creed thread following release were, as I recall, generally pretty positive about it, or at least the base game, so don't take my opinion as gospel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Absolutely. This game is a long one so get ready to commit to it. The choice and consequences system really makes this game feel more immersive and shine.
I'm still thinking about it cause the animation doesn't look as smooth as I'd like.......animations is sth that kept me from playing The Witcher 3....Geralt felt way too light to control and I see similarities! On the other hand, playing a massive open world game with a female protagonist must be an amazing experience! I'm also Greek so it might be extra interesting......I haven't played any AC game, its gonna be my first one! Can I play Odyssey without knowning anything about AC?

ps. ultimate edition also includes AC: Liberation and AC3 Remastered

Last edited by johnanonymouz; 10-11-19 at 12:45.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 17:10   #115
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
I'm still thinking about it cause the animation doesn't look as smooth as I'd like.......animations is sth that kept me from playing The Witcher 3....Geralt felt way too light to control and I see similarities! On the other hand, playing a massive open world game with a female protagonist must be an amazing experience! I'm also Greek so it might be extra interesting......I haven't played any AC game, its gonna be my first one! Can I play Odyssey without knowning anything about AC?

ps. ultimate edition also includes AC: Liberation and AC3 Remastered
The Ultimate Edition is very much worth it.

You can easily play Oddysey without having any prior knowledge of the AC universe. Chronologically it takes place the earliest in history.
Old 15-11-19, 21:56   #116
Samz
Relic Hunter

Should I try Fire Emblem Awakening?

I played about an hour of it and combat mostly felt like dice-rolls you can slightly influence, which I dislike when it feels like the single difference between victory and failure is luck and reading up online makes it seem like its actually one of the worst of the series, should I try it again or just emulate one of the GBA ones which were apparently better?

I really liked X-Com. (The original, not the reboot.)

For what it's worth, I'm really not intrested in the dating sim elements so I don't mind playing the ones that exclude it.

Last edited by Samz; 15-11-19 at 21:59.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-19, 23:41   #117
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Give it a shot, Fire Emblem is usually (and Awakening on higher difficulty) very very hard. Yes, there's a lot of chance, but you can train the characters in various ways. The older ones are extremely difficult, absolutely everything needs to be done in battle. You can't heal, equip, change or anything along those lines outside of battle, which is honestly outright unfair. I can't stand those kinds of games where you're at such a crazy disadvantage.
Old 20-11-19, 18:00   #118
CroftManiac05
Archaeologist

I wanna play WET so bad.. I'm a sucker for acrobatic combat and a sassy female protagonist. It reminds me of Kill Bill. I doubt they have any plans of releasing it to PS4 so maybe I'll play it via emulator.