www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 21-11-19, 10:02   #1171
XXIIXX
Student

Maybe it is the makeup after all.
Old 21-11-19, 10:56   #1172
ESCachuli
Professor

Sindel is Kitana's drag Mother, *****yy.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-19, 14:20   #1173
Emix
Relic Hunter

Sindel gear pieces are: Boots, Kwan Dao, and “Glitz and Glam” (hair and makeup).

Also latest patch fixed Kitana's pose visual glitch
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-19, 17:34   #1174
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Sindel gear pieces are: Boots, Kwan Dao, and “Glitz and Glam” (hair and makeup).

Also latest patch fixed Kitana's pose visual glitch
Is it really?

Oh my gosh! They heard my prayers lol! At least they listen

So Sindel does have her hair pin, well in one of her outfits at least. And her hair is one of her variations.

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 21-11-19 at 21:24.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 00:18   #1175
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Why are people so upset that Sindel is evil? Isn’t she evil due to being possessed?
Old 23-11-19, 00:38   #1176
XXIIXX
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Why are people so upset that Sindel is evil? Isn’t she evil due to being possessed?
As far as I can understand the situation, she's been altered from an originally tragic character to an evil, power hungry dominatrix.

She's been effectively made into a character whose sole intention in the story is to be hated for her actions whereas she originally was an anti-villain. She basically married Shao Kahn to save herself and just tries to seduce everyone without any characterization behind it whatsoever.

That's the gist of it.

I originally didn't get it either but now I do and I feel like this is a mostly negative reimagination of the character.
Old 23-11-19, 04:10   #1177
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
It’s because they retconned a MAJOR part of her backstory that removed her redemption character arch and made her an unredeemable evil villain.

In the original story in MK3 King Jarod, Sindel’s husband, was killed by Shao Kahn’s invading forces, with Shao Kahn forcing Sindel to become his bride. Not wanting to do this, Sindel committed suicide rather than be with Shao Kahn. Unfortunately for Sindel, she was resurrected by Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung and was turned into a brain washed villain. This led to Kitanna fighting to save her Mothers soul.

”It wasn't just about her and her allies trying to free Edenia anymore, but it became about the basic human instinct of a daughter trying to free someone that mattered deeply to her in a time of unending war.”

But when they did the reboot they tweaked Sindel’s story with Shinnok and Quan Chi resurrecting her. They changed her story so that Sindel betrayed King Jarod when Shao Kahn threatened her realm. She betrayed her husband and the people of her realm so she could keep her privileged position. Here’s a synopsis of her character from MKX/MK11

"The former Queen of Edenia will stop at nothing to keep her place. When threatened with the loss of her throne when Shao Kahn conquered her realm, Sindel betrayed her husband, and her people, to keep her privileged position," the official description stated. "Now Shao Khan's wife and Queen of the Outerworld, she enjoys power and wealth beyond most people's imagination. Good luck to anyone who tries to take it from her."

So yeah, they removed the sympathetic and tragic parts of Sindel’s character and just made her an unredeemable evil bitch. Which it’s like, I still love everything we’ve seen from MK11, but it’s unfortunate they took out the most interesting bits of her character and just went the shallow ~I’m evil and sassy~ route.
Old 23-11-19, 08:48   #1178
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Cetrion seems to the only female character who can clap back at Sindel out of all the female characters in the intro dialogues.
Old 23-11-19, 10:15   #1179
tomee
Tomb Raider

For the most part I don't care about the retcon, fine, she's evil evil now, but the implications this has for Quan Chi is insane. Basically it means he killed Sindel, he created Earthralm's protective barrier, covered it up as a suicide and had the invasion plan, coupled with Sindel's revival lined up 10 thousand years before the events of MK9.

The fact the whole invasion plan was about getting Shao Kahn out of the way already made Quan Chi the biggest master manipulator, but this... oh my god.
Old 23-11-19, 12:47   #1180
Kirishima
Historian

I want to prefer evil Sindel (UMK3/Trilogy player), but she just comes off as shallow. Not that it matters anyway since all this takes place in arcade mode instead of story mode which already erased everything... again. As for the whole Quan Chi putting up a barrier instead of Sindel, I like to think Sindel probably put an enchantment in place as insurance to keep her position incase Shao Kahn decides to go Henry the VII. She might come off as shallow to me, but I doubt she's stupid enough to believe Shao Kahn wouldn't toss her aside the moment something better pops up.

Edit: nevermind, that actually kinda sounds dumb.

Last edited by Kirishima; 23-11-19 at 12:49.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote