Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 03-11-19, 23:20   #21
Reggie

The decision to name the rooms under different Myths/Cultures was a deliberate decision according to Paul Douglas, one of the OG team members.

https://twitter.com/cnhyv/status/1188562798147555329
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 00:54   #22
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
The decision to name the rooms under different Myths/Cultures was a deliberate decision according to Paul Douglas, one of the OG team members.

Wow he has a Twitter account this is so awesome !!
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 01:43   #23
trfan16

- Merge Offshore Rig/Diving Area

Both of these levels felt way too similar - nearly identical textures, collecting colored key cards, and fighting hoards of human enemies. I would probably cut a majority of the Offshore Rig level when merging these two levels. Diving Area is the better of the two since it had more traps at least. The only parts I would keep from Offshore Rig would be the section where Lara gets her Dual Pistols back and the giant pool room.

Also, the evil giant ladder would be removed as well.

- Madubu Gorge - Make kayak optional

I would design the level where using the kayak would be optional. Madubu Gorge is one of the most beautiful levels in the Classic games. Imagine a path where you could explore the entire level. Of course, the non-kayak path would be more perilous with traps and tricky jumps.

- Citadel Gate - Remove locusts swarm from rope swing part

The rope swinging mechanics from TRIV were already challenging enough, but adding an annoying unkillable enemy is pretty cheap. I'm not a fan of the swarm enemies in general, but this is one my least favorite use of them.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 02:31   #24
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
Oh no you didn't.
Yes I did.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 05:21   #25
VictorXD

Quote:

I somehow really, really doubt this tbh
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 16:33   #26
LaraCablara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post

And TR3, I would just replace Lud's Gate with the finished All Hallows. This way in order :
- Thames Wharf
- St Paul Cathedral (All Hallows)
- Aldwych
- City
So Lara starts out on a roof, goes through a church, and then even deeper underground in a subway to then appear on the top floor of Sophia's office
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 17:30   #27
OverRaider

Nothing, nothing at all! They are perfect as are!
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 17:54   #28
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
So Lara starts out on a roof, goes through a church, and then even deeper underground in a subway to then appear on the top floor of Sophia's office
I totally forgot about that transition haha. I fix the first one but break the last. Maybe just keep the museum part of Lud's Gate as a start for City, make a way to a lift and there you go in Sofia's office.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 01:29   #29
Baslakor

Interesting question!

Only thing I would change would be making Maria Doria a more isolated level. It's one of the most desolate places Lara's has been and actually a tomb. Remove all the baddies (maybe keep them in the Deck) and add angry ghosts. Would be a nice break from all the combat in Tr2.
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 09:47   #30
_Seth

TR1: Less block pushing, and include TR3's save crystals.
TR2: Less human enemies, and include TR3's save crystals.
TR3: Increased gamma on PS1 and more warning for traps.
TR4:
Quote:
I probably would have set the start of [TR4] elsewhere in the world in a different, more vibrant location (More Cambodia perhaps or a cold location) before starting Egypt at the halfway point, skipping the Cairo section to make up for an extra area at the start.
...and include TR3's save crystals.
TR5: Include the 3 Gold games to double the length, have the game played in chronological order and allow weapons and ammo to carry over between adventures. Save crystals, too.
TR6: Needs countless changes, but one I'll mention is I'd get rid of the day time Parisian Ghetto levels and essentially have Level 1 be a rooftop chase with the helicopter. This would be a high octane opening where you'd move to street level to enter Le Serpent Rouge, turn on the electricity and arrange the lights as platforms to make it to the rooftop exit. A cutscene would explain events up until Level 2 being Louvre Storm Drains.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote