www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 16-11-19, 12:28   #11
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
^

No, itís an Xbox Exclusive. I donít know if itís permanent or timed though..
*Xbox and PC
Old 16-11-19, 15:25   #12
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

I wonder if Microsoft is trying to buy DontNod. Aren't they already owned by Square Enix? Oh, wait oh no... its the Rise of the Tomb Raider Exclusivity deal all over again.

On the game itself, this looks really interesting! I'll follow it for sure.
Old 16-11-19, 16:19   #13
Grenade
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I wonder if Microsoft is trying to buy DontNod. Aren't they already owned by Square Enix? Oh, wait oh no... its the Rise of the Tomb Raider Exclusivity deal all over again.

On the game itself, this looks really interesting! I'll follow it for sure.
DontNot aren't owned by Square Enix, they are independent. In fact they've worked with other publishers after Life Is Strange.

This game is being funded by Microsoft so I don't think its a timed exclusive.
Old 16-11-19, 16:49   #14
tomee
Tomb Raider

This looks like a better Life is Strange game than Life is Strange 2 is.

Edit: And it has a "steady and predictable schedule of 3 episodes". Something LiS2 can't relate to lol.

Last edited by tomee; 16-11-19 at 16:53.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-19, 22:12   #15
killchan
Explorer

Ok so they used the name "Life Is Strange" to tell a story that not only had nothing to with it, but it was overloaded with every social and political commentary argument you can possibly imagine (which was fine, although the dumb cop in Ep1 was bordeline funny, but they lost me when they made Bro #1 say cleaning the room once a week was something you only see in prison or something https://youtu.be/Ttoh4BViY5w?t=2738 if that was an attempt to make him fall into a grey area, I'm sorry dontnot, you only made him look stupid )

And now they're going to release this all at once. Mh.
Let's see how well this is gonna do without name recognition and now that people know the kind of stories they've been all about after LIS1. Thumbs up for trying to fill a void, but now we'll finally be able to see how many gamers are actually interested in high profile (<- supposedly) products of this kind.
Old 16-11-19, 22:38   #16
tomee
Tomb Raider

/\
It's actually not the Life is Strange team, even though it's the same company. The game might actually turn out great as a result.
Old 17-11-19, 12:22   #17
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

^
I'm guessing then the reason they haven't adopted the Life is Strange brand name then is because there won't be any superpowers?

Hopefully, then this makes the game more grounded compared to Life is Strange.
Old 18-11-19, 00:24   #18
killchan
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
^
I'm guessing then the reason they haven't adopted the Life is Strange brand name then is because there won't be any superpowers?

Hopefully, then this makes the game more grounded compared to Life is Strange.
Well one of the 2 very cool things about LIS1 was the supernatural aspect that allowed some degree of choice and a fun factor that goes beyond the story being told. In a word, gameplay. Back when LIS1 was new, everyone described dontnod as the much better version of what telltale was doing at the time. Without powers, dontnod games are just point and click adventures without puzzles. Basically 2017 telltale but with social and politics themes .
They're knowingly abandoning what made them popular in the first place, and the audience has already reacted.

Last edited by killchan; 18-11-19 at 00:26.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 04:19   #19
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Well one of the 2 very cool things about LIS1 was the supernatural aspect that allowed some degree of choice and a fun factor that goes beyond the story being told. In a word, gameplay. Back when LIS1 was new, everyone described dontnod as the much better version of what telltale was doing at the time. Without powers, dontnod games are just point and click adventures without puzzles. Basically 2017 telltale but with social and politics themes .
They're knowingly abandoning what made them popular in the first place, and the audience has already reacted.
Which is kind of happening with Life is Strange 2 by having the protagonist not having the powers. The game is just more boring.
Old 20-11-19, 16:07   #20
Tsarina
Hobbyist

As a trans woman this is such a major step. A bit disappointed it is an Xbox exclusive, I have the console but I do not use it much. The voice actor of the guy sounds as if he may be trans as well which I think is really freaking awesome.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote