www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 18-11-19, 16:09   #1
Samsdad
Relic Hunter

Default Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

I picked up this game just to take a quite look and then have something as a time filler later, but have become hooked. My first surprise was how much of the game was devoted to platforming and exploration. I would put the exploration/combat ratio at about 80/20 with most of the combat being relatively brief skirmishes. The activity takes place on a variety of planets and the level design is open world with some very complex locations.

Game play is very similar to Shadow. Movement and platforming are similar to AC/Shadow. Melee combat gets progressively more complex as you advance in skill and you start to use dodges and parrying in a more thoughtful way and less button mashing attacks. There are several well designed puzzles that are similar to the TR tombs.

Overall I can recommend the game tf you are looking for some fun and you like exploration type games.
Old 18-11-19, 16:42   #2
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

This game makes me want to play it !! It looks good and fun. I think I will wait Black Friday to buy it.
Old 18-11-19, 20:09   #3
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

It is very good game, love it.

In addition what Samsdad said I love how traversing through the maps are a puzzle themselves, you really have to think sometimes where to go. In my experience moreso when you return to a location.
Old 18-11-19, 20:53   #4
Samsdad
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
It is very good game, love it.

In addition what Samsdad said I love how traversing through the maps are a puzzle themselves, you really have to think sometimes where to go. In my experience moreso when you return to a location.

Good point. I forgot to mention that backtracking is an integral portion of the game, reminiscent of early TRs. There is also a comedic element, i.e. the conversations within the Storm Troopers, that I find appealing.
Old 18-11-19, 23:10   #5
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsdad View Post
Good point. I forgot to mention that backtracking is an integral portion of the game, reminiscent of early TRs. There is also a comedic element, i.e. the conversations within the Storm Troopers, that I find appealing.
Love it how they react to your actions when you fight them. "Put me down!" when you force pull them.
Old 19-11-19, 00:15   #6
scremanie
Tomb Raider

I’m playing this game at the moment, and I’d say it’s a hybrid of Tomb Raider, God of War (2018), and Metroidvania thrown in for good measure. It’s a very pleasant surprise, and it’s a beautiful game.
Old 19-11-19, 01:26   #7
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

Finished the game last night. Here are some initial thoughts (spoilers obviously|)

Did anyone else scream at their tv when Cere threw her lightsaber at a storm trooper, pulled out a pistol and killed two more and then killed the last when the light saber returned? The whole game I was thinking, “Christ padawan if you used a pistol you wouldn’t be having all these problems” and then to see her do it!?!? I was screaming “TAKE NOTES PADAWAN, TAKE COPIOUS NOTES!”

Am also really glad we finally got to experience being on the receiving end of a true Vader rampage in such an immersive game.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 15:55   #8
killchan
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsdad View Post
The activity takes place on a variety of planets and the level design is open world with some very complex locations.
(...)
Game play is very similar to Shadow. Movement and platforming are similar to AC/Shadow.

It plays like a faster Souls-like in a Souls-like map (not openworld), has cosmetic collectibles, Metroidvania approach to the stat powerups to find, a progression system that makes sense and with the typcal Uncharted snappy climbing.
Old 19-11-19, 19:03   #9
Linoshi Croft
Legend

The game is a blast! Not sure about that ending though...It's one of those ending where the character undoes everything they've worked for, and I'm not sure if there's enough substance within the plot to back that up.
Old 19-11-19, 20:46   #10
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

I've read it's a bug fest.

Since you are all fellow raiders, how does it compare to Shadow (only in that department)?