Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 21-10-19, 21:24   #81
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
They should have just done a comic book route and hinted this is a different universe with different circumstances. And then in a cutscene *surprise* core and LAu lara pop up through a portal
I've been sayin' the next LC game should have an artifact that controls time and it screws up all the alternate universes teaming up each Lara from all the different eras together to fix time and get each other back to their respective universe... you know how cool that would be? It would be ridiculous but cool to have all the different Lara's interact with each other.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 22:22   #82
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
I've been sayin' the next LC game should have an artifact that controls time and it screws up all the alternate universes teaming up each Lara from all the different eras together to fix time and get each other back to their respective universe... you know how cool that would be? It would be ridiculous but cool to have all the different Lara's interact with each other.
Then Crisis of Infinite Laras and they all get merged.

The Von Croy doppelganger gets merged with Conrad Roth from Earth-3.

Sam becomes Ms. Sofia Leigh
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 12:02   #83
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
Then Crisis of Infinite Laras and they all get merged.

The Von Croy doppelganger gets merged with Conrad Roth from Earth-3.

Sam becomes Ms. Sofia Leigh
Why Sophia Leigh? A glorified Amanda would suit better. Who are suitable for merging? Jonah+Zip, Abby+Anaya, Ana+LAU Natla, Etzli+Kurtis, Mad Tony+Dr. Whitman, Janice+Moraeakah the Outcast. I already have the game's title:

Lara Crofts and their Challange of Return
The Triumvirate Laras
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 18:45   #84
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Reboot Lara: "I'm not that kind of Croft"
LAU Lara: "WHERE IS MY MOTHER"
Classic Lara: just swan diving off the nearest ledge into spikes.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 18:48   #85
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCL@R@ View Post
No what we need is the real Lara Croft story. She went against her parents wishes and went after her dream of globe trotting shooting bats and Dinosaurs that never died in a Peruvian cave. jk.
Amen
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 19:45   #86
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Reboot Lara: "I'm not that kind of Croft"
LAU Lara: "WHERE IS MY MOTHER"
Classic Lara: just swan diving off the nearest ledge into spikes.
Actually, in seriousness, one quote that classic Lara had which always stuck with me and personified her well was
"I make my own luck".
That was Lara in a nutshell. She went out and did things because she wanted to. Sometimes she succeeded and other times it went horribly wrong and she had to sort herself out. But that was Lara. I miss that element of her.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 21:04   #87
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Actually, in seriousness, one quote that classic Lara had which always stuck with me and personified her well was
"I make my own luck".
That was Lara in a nutshell. She went out and did things because she wanted to. Sometimes she succeeded and other times it went horribly wrong and she had to sort herself out. But that was Lara. I miss that element of her.
Yeah I guess.

Not a big fan of how everything has to have a personal motivation nowadays, I didn't mind it when it was occasional (Such as AOD.) but I don't like how 2 of the reboot games are Lara's personal crusade against a non-sensical global entity that is basically just a hollow excuse for guys with guns as enemies anyway.

I also liked how she seemed to switch between Snarky Tomboy and Posh Aristocrat when it suited her, LAU Lara also has that but It feels like its not on display as much. (admittingly only 3 games versus 6 so its a bit unfair.)

I'd argue the TR3 manor even shows this to an extent, its a posh, rich person manor, with that (I think Leopard?) print couch, a room full of bookcases and a classical record player....with an Quad track and an Assault Course with a firing range out the back and the (I think?) dining room converted into a gym.

Its actually why the LAU Mansions are a bit dissapointing to me, I still like them but we don't get to see that much of the outside of the manor outside of an (admittingly fun) hedgemaze in Anniversary.

Yeah it was kinda very "unrealistic" I guess but it was one of my favourite bits of Lara.

Last edited by Samz; 22-10-19 at 21:19.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 21:34   #88
jajay119

I don’t believe it’s unrealistic I think someone like Lara would use their home environment to train. The classic house was much smaller than any of the reboot ones and actually much smaller then it appears in-game if you look at the proportions in the GCI trailers of Chronicles. So seeing Lara convert a semi opulent home into her training ground was interesting and realistic of what she as a person would do. I could see some people with more money than sense doing the same things when they don’t even need to

The only thing I’d say is a bit OTT is the maze being converted into the quad bike track. That must have cost a fortune lol
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote