Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 05-07-21, 14:32   #11
perryloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
"You do not have permission to view this thread"

Eh..what? You also described the 2nd guardhouse surrounds method much better than I did ahaha thankyou!
Oh, I forgot that thread is the secret forum. (Now called The Great Chi's Secret Emporium). You only get to see it, if you join it LOL, Sorry about that

Here is the picture by Chi on that thread

Last edited by perryloo; 05-07-21 at 14:36.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 20:01   #12
CircusBabysGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
Oh, I forgot that thread is the secret forum. (Now called The Great Chi's Secret Emporium). You only get to see it, if you join it LOL, Sorry about that

Here is the picture by Chi on that thread

how do u join it
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 22:11   #13
Ringtir

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder1989 View Post
I have already been to the roofs in the second area following the method you described, and found the second secret there
What? I'm not sure what do you take as secret, but the jade dragon (2# secret) you will be find it later on the trap corridor, is at clear sight.

I miss Chi 😢
Ringtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 23:41   #14
perryloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
how do u join it
It used to be the secret forum, but is now called The Great Chi's secret emporium, and to join, on the main page click 'UserCP' at top left hand side. Now go down to 'Group membership' and then select The Great chi's secret emporium.

There are quite a number of threads on this secret forum, in the display options just highlight 'from the beginning' then show threads, and all threads will come up.
Old 07-07-21, 10:51   #15
fallenangle

Getting on top of the gatehouses in that area was one of my first first attempts to use the corner bug. Its actually quite difficult to get it to work there. I often have problems with using it in TR2. There are a number of places where you'd think it should be easy but is not.

But as others have said, you can jump to the sloped 'grassy' area around the outdoor pool from the wall near the locked gatehouse. Carefully (its very easy to slip/slide down) work your way around it clockwise and get to the other gatehouse roof.

From there you can jump off the other side of that to the 'grassy' sloped area running parallel to the wall and run/jump along it to get to the top of the other, locked, gatehouse too.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 13:03   #16
perryloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
...But as others have said, you can jump to the sloped 'grassy' area around the outdoor pool from the wall near the locked gatehouse. Carefully (its very easy to slip/slide down) work your way around it clockwise and get to the other gatehouse roof....
A good tip is to save a number of times as you work your way around the slopped grassy area, because if you fall and have to start all over again, you tend to swear a lot

Been there, done that
Old 07-07-21, 23:44   #17
fallenangle

That's wimping out; I always try to discipline myself to do that sort of thing without saving, in that case at least until I've got Lara onto the first roof.
Old 07-07-21, 23:46   #18
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
That's wimping out; I always try to discipline myself to do that sort of thing without saving, in that case at least until I've got Lara onto the first roof.
I'd be lost without the ability to save.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 11:18   #19
fallenangle

Sometimes you do need it; doing a 'no-scratch' or as I prefer to call it a: minimum damage run would be many times more difficult if you couldn't save your way through some tough areas.

Its why in the other games ie. apart from TR2 I doff my hat to those who've done a run through like that on the PS rather than on PC.

I do keep saves of difficult to get to places even when using game exploits ie. corner bugs and pixel perfect jumps, so I do not have to go through the whole thing multiple times all over again.