Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 03-10-18, 11:21   #21
Ruu11

^ IKR?!! I also heard that first AoD PS2 copies had a bug that didn't let you pass certain level or something like that so Core re-launch the game with new fixed copies
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 17:39   #22
GabrielCroft

This never happened to me but it's very interesting.
One day while playing The Vault of Trophies with my friend (PS2 Version), when Lara got out of that hole in the ceiling, she was supposed to change her wetsuit to the short camo outfit, but the cutscene didn't trigger! I was so happy that she was still wearing the wetsuit because I love that outfit, anyway we got stuck because the next level never loaded

Last edited by GabrielCroft; 20-10-18 at 05:58.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-18, 07:12   #23
Girafarig32

So I found out how to replicate the fatal error glitch. After some messing around with old copies of the game thinking that I had to trigger something or mess up the game somehow, it turned out that simply removing the disc while a level loads at the loading screen is the trick! Doing it before a load (at the "overwrite successful") will only cause a temporary freeze. Taking out the disc while playing doesn't cause any problems until a cutscene is triggered or a death occurs, then another freeze happens until the CD is placed back into the PS2. Also funny is that at parts where Lara talks, the subtitles work but Lara is silent.

Interesting that the "FATAL ERROR" is in AoD font. Also why is it fatal? I could simply restart the game and it would be fine. Seems a little dramatic to me!

Last edited by Girafarig32; 13-10-18 at 07:17.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-18, 07:24   #24
Caesum

Fatal error means exactly that an error occured that made it unable for the game to continue working and that it has to be terminated, so I guess that's as fatal as it can get for a software!
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-18, 17:54   #25
Girafarig32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Fatal error means exactly that an error occured that made it unable for the game to continue working and that it has to be terminated, so I guess that's as fatal as it can get for a software!
Fatal error to me seems more like my save files corrupting. Then Eckhardt comes up behing me irl and harvests my organs.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-18, 18:17   #26
Potkanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
Then Eckhardt comes up behing me irl and harvests my organs.
Would that be an error or the opposite - the game working a little too well?

Anyway, having "FATAL ERROR" written in AoD font is both freaky and cool! I kind of wish my copy (PC version) did something weird or unexpected like the things in this thread.
Potkanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-18, 19:28   #27
red_lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potkanka View Post
Would that be an error or the opposite - the game working a little too well?

Anyway, having "FATAL ERROR" written in AoD font is both freaky and cool! I kind of wish my copy (PC version) did something weird or unexpected like the things in this thread.

Well... when I reload some levels in traod on the pc I get disc not found on the display. You can do that hitting escape then Tab go to the cheat menu and reload the level. I have a disc but it is not the game is looking at.

https://imgur.com/a/JgQv5bx

It is not a great thing but you ask for it.

Last edited by red_lion; 13-10-18 at 20:45. Reason: save
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-18, 08:17   #28
Potkanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
Well... when I reload some levels in traod on the pc I get disc not found on the display. You can do that hitting escape then Tab go to the cheat menu and reload the level. I have a disc but it is not the game is looking at.

https://imgur.com/a/JgQv5bx

It is not a great thing but you ask for it.
Hmm, not exactly the most fun/interesting for sure... But at least it's something?
Potkanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-18, 08:31   #29
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
This never happened to be but it's very interesting.
One day while playing The Vault of Trophies with my friend (PS2 Version), when Lara got out of that hole in the ceiling, she was supposed to change her wetsuit to the short camo outfit, but the cutscene didn't trigger! I was so happy that she was still wearing the wetsuit because I love that outfit, anyway we got stuck because the next level never loaded
that's because you have to make sure you never carry certain items into your inventory! That's why!
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-18, 18:27   #30
JuditePrince12

Uh oh I think your friend might've reawakened The Sleeper
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote