Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 07-04-20, 03:57   #1141
JAMJOOM

Default super

Is there a way to replace the original files with the mod without using thePeixoto patch?

JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 14:35   #1142
GiovanniLucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMJOOM View Post
Is there a way to replace the original files with the mod without using thePeixoto patch?
Unfortunately it is not possible!
The patch grant us the hability bto change the textures, without it I can change the textures but it will maintain the low quality resolution as the original game...

But don't worry!

We"ll release the India levels soon...
And I'm studying ways of do a proper installer that configure everything for you... so basically you will click next, next, next, done!

For this to work I have to talk to Peixoto to see if he can do an alternative version of the patch that contain only TR3.

Wish me luck with this task. The installer will solve 90% of the issues to make the Remaster work.

Last edited by GiovanniLucca; 07-04-20 at 14:36.
GiovanniLucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 17:05   #1143
myckwill
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniLucca View Post
I'm studying ways of do a proper installer that configure everything for you... so basically you will click next, next, next, done!

For this to work I have to talk to Peixoto to see if he can do an alternative version of the patch that contain only TR3.

Wish me luck with this task. The installer will solve 90% of the issues to make the Remaster work.
I wish you the BEST OF LUCK with that. The patch is so buggy on my computer
It randomly crashes, and it stops working altogether when I finish a level. So, I really, really hope that this is becomes an alternative.

Good luck!!!!!
myckwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 19:15   #1144
GiovanniLucca

Default Water Preview

After a LOT of experiments, I finally get to make a proper water effect, with some fake reflection and smooth animation.

It is missing the raindrops in this part of the Jungle level, and I want to make the water tile seamless, but I just wanted to share the news with you!

Soon I will post the rescent improvements on the overhall look of the game that I'm working on... bump maps, color corrections, shine surfaces on wet environments, texture variation. The game now is almost looking like a PlayStation 3 game!

Old 08-04-20, 19:19   #1145
ANoDE
Golden

Nice water effect! With seamless textures, water will look a-ma-zing

Can't wait to see a screenshot with all the improvements in place. Soooo cool
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 19:21   #1146
UroshUchiha

I like how the water looks
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 20:11   #1147
TombRaiderTim

It looks 100 times better now, far more "clear" if that is the term and it now does not look out of place with the other textures.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 11:44   #1148
indigo1993

The water looks incredible!!! It's on par with TR Underworld's water texture, and so much better looking than what we see on Legend or Anniversary. I'm drooling over your craftsmanship of designing that. Any chance we can see a short video of the water in motion? Pretty please? XD 😍😍😍😍
indigo1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 16:28   #1149
GiovanniLucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo1993 View Post
The water looks incredible!!! It's on par with TR Underworld's water texture, and so much better looking than what we see on Legend or Anniversary. I'm drooling over your craftsmanship of designing that. Any chance we can see a short video of the water in motion? Pretty please? XD ��������
Thank you so much! <3

I was very disapointed with the limitations of the engine to render water, I mean, in 1998 we don't even imagine have reflections, refraction and caustics in the game's water.

With the remastered textures the water was very distracting and strange looking in the bad way...

I spent months trying to improve that, and last week I found the ideal solution. The water now has (faked) reflections, refractions and caustics at some places...

I'm very very happy with the results and in fact, the water lokks better than Legend's (but I believe Underworld's surpass my effect :P)

I'm very anxious to show you the final results and see your feedback about it, and later today I'll publish a video

---------------------------------------------------

[edit] -> Here it is!

A small preview of the new water effects:

Last edited by GiovanniLucca; 11-04-20 at 01:18. Reason: new information
Old 11-04-20, 07:25   #1150
ANoDE
Golden

This. Looks. Fantastic! *drops jaw so hard that it unhinges and drops to the floor*
Awesome work on the water effect!
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote