www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 17-03-18, 18:06   #1
Feder
Student

Default Tomb Raider: Templar's Secret

Hello everyone I've been a little absent lately, but there has been some progress on the Templar's Secret project and it was about time to share it with the community!

Let me know your opinions / suggestions.

The levelset will consist in 8 levels, 4 taking place in Paris and 4 on the Damned Island.

- Midnight in Paris -6 secrets- (100%)
- The Museum -4 secrets- (100%)
- Industrial Zone -5 secrets- (100%)
- Sophia's Office -no secrets- (100%)

- Forgotten Island -3 secrets- (100%)
- Templar's Cathedral -3 secrets- (previously named "Abandoned Cathedral") (100%)
- Edge Of The Abyss -3 secrets- (100%)
- The Spear Of Destiny -1 secret- (46%)

Story:

Somewhere in the pacific, lies an island erased from almost every map. In that island, obscure things happened since the Templar Knights brought a strange artifact called the Spear of Destiny. They decided to hide the artifact from mankind beneath a great cathedral, in a bove that can only be opened with certain key. That key is the Templar's Scepter, and it's being exhibited at the Louvre Museum. On top of it, a map containing the exact location of the cathedral has reached non other than Sophia's hands. So Lara has decided to break into the museum to steal the key, then take the map from Sophia's office (also in Paris) and get to the cathedral before the search team sended to the island find the way.

Previous levels:

I'll seize this opportunity to express why I named "beta release" the previous version. The 4 levels had been through several changes and improovements, and the player is intended to go through them again (hopefully it won't be a boring experience due to the changes they suffered), so I couln't really call it a "Part 1". And it doesn't feel right to call it a "demo". Maybe it was not the best title, but what I mean is that this is the complete and final version of the adventure and I hope that, when its finished, you'll enjoy it

Special thanks:

I won't forget to thank all of the TRF members who helped me get this done and contributed with custom objects and suggestions.

Last edited by Feder; 03-09-18 at 16:12. Reason: update
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 18:27   #2
Titak

Looking good, Feder!

The TR3 engine this time, right?
Old 17-03-18, 18:32   #3
Danath
Archaeologist

Thumbs up

Looks awesome!

I loved the beta, so i am very much looking forward to the final game. It's great that you have it this advanced, hope you find the needed inspiration to complete it, good luck!

That first image looks nice for the title screen.
Old 17-03-18, 19:01   #4
thewolf
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Yes, this is the TR3 engine

Looks awesome, can't wait for the full version

Maybe I try out a single TR3 level in the future. It gives you much more possibilties

I wish you good luck
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 20:07   #5
Feder
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Looking good, Feder!

Thanks Titak That's right, TR3 it is! Will have some elements from TRC as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Looks awesome!

I loved the beta, so i am very much looking forward to the final game. It's great that you have it this advanced, hope you find the needed inspiration to complete it, good luck!

That first image looks nice for the title screen.
Thanks I'll try to finish it as soon as I can, without rushing things up! And yes indeed, the first image will be the title screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Looks awesome, can't wait for the full version

Maybe I try out a single TR3 level in the future. It gives you much more possibilties

I wish you good luck
There are less limitations than the TR2 engine, being the most important that you don't have to worry about the texture limit and of course all the other improovements of the TR3 engine itself. Good luck with your project too
Old 24-03-18, 16:29   #6
Feder
Student

Exclamation Update

I'm having trouble with the battle against Sophia I can't find the way to kill her, tryed everything, fire, electricity, alternate rooms with death sectors... Nothing seems to work Still, other authors have already figured out the way to end her (like in Poseidon's Sanctum). But I don't know what else to do Alternatively I thought about making Lara escape, without killing her.

Here is a little update of the Island level

Old 24-03-18, 18:21   #7
Danath
Archaeologist

Lightbulb

That island scenery is looking nice! Although quite dark, i suppose it's an evening time?

About the Sophia problem, i know it's quite obvious, but is the base level you are using the same as where Sophia was in original TR3?
If you cannot figure it out, try inspecting the original level with the tool RView ( Room Viewer ) made by TurboPascal or with FexInspect. Rview is more potent however.
And if everything fails, maybe try contacting someone who used Sophia in their levels. The levelset Vision of Future also had Sophia at the end.

Good luck!
Old 24-03-18, 23:30   #8
Feder
Student

Thanks I already tryed to contact the author of Poseidon's Sanctum who also pull it out. It's not impossible from what I can see, but I'm missing something and have no idea what! Yes, I used the Office.tr2 as a base level which has the original Sophia fight in it, still no luck

Quote:
That island scenery is looking nice! Although quite dark, i suppose it's an evening time?
That's right! It suppoust to be sunset, but still I feel it is pretty dark, maybe I'll try to increase lighting a little bit
Old 25-03-18, 00:19   #9
Danath
Archaeologist

Wink

If it's closer to night then i think the lighting is perfect as is.

Try to use Room Viewer with the Office.TR2 file and see how it is setup in the original. Maybe Sophia has to be facing a certain direction? ( rotation ). Thewolf told me the elevator in TR2 only works correctly when it is facing the same direction as it did in the original game.
Old 25-03-18, 09:19   #10
Titak

I think the lighting looks good for a sunset. Especially with that horizon, which is pretty dark.