www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 04-03-21, 22:58   #35451
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

I don't mind if characters swear a lot, but characters who used to never swear doing it all the time feels wrong.

Okay, Moira was a little cringey, but I didn't mind it as much as Jill becoming a potty mouth.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 02:23   #35452
robm_2007
Legend

I love the sheer fright, panic, and surprise in Claire's voice when she spots a zombie. She is rather feisty and has a lot of emotion but her cussing didn't bother me. It's a lot, but not too much. Her actress really sells it.

Now take Ellie in TLOU, she cusses way too much. Luckily she's not irredeemable or a complete brat. Chloe from Life is Strange is. It's so try-hard and really grating. Her personality is beyond my patience. Moira's cussing was almost as cringe worthy but she's not intolerable. But her cussing was overdone but I could at least stand her.

Jill cussed too much for what I would have expected/wanted of her. It was like they had a quota. I will never not hate her Apocalypse bull**** personality. Now that was pure garbage.

Last edited by robm_2007; 05-03-21 at 02:26.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 15:09   #35453
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Swearing in games really doesn't bother me. Mainly because irl I have the mouth of a sailor so I pretty much swear in every sentence I say (over exaggerated obviously). So to me, it kind of makes it relatable in the situations characters are in. Although I will admit it has to be the correct swear for the situation, if they say the wrong one it could look really out of place, I also dislike how they overuse a word. Lara is a perfect example in the reboot game(s). She over uses the word bastard and I feel like giving her a dictionary of swears so she jazzes it up.
Old 05-03-21, 20:26   #35454
noonbob
Professor

Eva La Dare the actress who voiced and motion captured Sheva has done some beautiful Sheva cosplay for RE5's anniversary

She looks great!

https://www.evaladare.com/shop
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 01:22   #35455
OrangeJuice
Archaeologist

she won............................................... ....
Old 06-03-21, 03:30   #35456
KylieDog
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
I don't mind if characters swear a lot, but characters who used to never swear doing it all the time feels wrong.

Okay, Moira was a little cringey, but I didn't mind it as much as Jill becoming a potty mouth.
Jill swears in REmake. A few during gameplay lines in RE5 also.
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 08:05   #35457
RedField2012
Historian

RedField2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 08:22   #35458
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieDog View Post
Jill swears in REmake. A few during gameplay lines in RE5 also.
She does say damn a few times, now that you mention it. Still though, the difference is jarring. Like, it made sense how Lara swears more in AoD, but if she was dropping F-bombs left and right it would've felt out-of-character.

I laughed when Jill said 'bitch can't even swim' but that's just not something Jill ever would've said.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 09:42   #35459
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
Eva La Dare the actress who voiced and motion captured Sheva has done some beautiful Sheva cosplay for RE5's anniversary

She looks great!

https://www.evaladare.com/shop
Awesome!
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 02:50   #35460
KylieDog
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
She does say damn a few times, now that you mention it. Still though, the difference is jarring. Like, it made sense how Lara swears more in AoD, but if she was dropping F-bombs left and right it would've felt out-of-character.

I laughed when Jill said 'bitch can't even swim' but that's just not something Jill ever would've said.
She says sh** a few times in REmake. When she tries calling Brad on the radio for example.

People swear in real life for less, it doesn't seem out of place to me. If anything the lack of swearing in older games feels the more 'wrong' of the two.
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote