www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 12-02-17, 01:11   #25451
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
How?! The shortest speedrun I ever did was about 2.5 hours and I had that game memorized from start to finish, every pixel.

Had you already seen walkthroughs of the game before?
---
As for 7, I spent a fair amount of time purposely trying to find the bobbleheads to shoot and documents and it took me about 11.5 hours.
It's not that hard, dude, I got the gattling at the first try, and I've never played it before. Maybe as a kid but I never got past the first red jewel (mostly because I got bored and I wanted to play tomb raider xDDD).

I liked RE2 and I liked RE:Remake but if they go for fixed cameras in RE2:Remake I won't be playing it. For me it's a step back. There are certain things that are better in the past.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 01:17   #25452
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
The problem was Yasuhiro Ampo(the director) asked Dai Satō (the writer) to make Claire older sounding and jaded....which goes against her established character. Then add in the fact they didn't bring back Alyson Court to voice her. What we got was a lame attempt to make Claire seem "hardened and experienced".
It wasn't just her voice that irked me (though I liked the new actress and she sounded a lot like Alyson during some screams/grunts I still don't like the VA change) it was the whole deal. It was just such a jarring change for no reason at all that it stood out a lot.

Pretty much everything that could be considered core elements of Claire's personality were gone for no in game reason at all (no sudden trauma like RE6 Chris e.g). She's no longer a maternal figure, her empathy for others, her priorities (putting a grown ass man's safety over a little girl's), and a general of sense 'I'm sweet as a flower but I'll still kick your ass' that her character had. Even her looks leave a lot to be desired.
It's even more jarring considering how little time has passed betwen Degeneration and REV2. She turned into a completely different person in a matter of a few years.
Old 12-02-17, 01:18   #25453
robm_2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
It's not that hard, dude, I got the gattling at the first try, and I've never played it before. Maybe as a kid but I never got past the first red jewel (mostly because I got bored and I wanted to play tomb raider xDDD).

I liked RE2 and I liked RE:Remake but if they go for fixed cameras in RE2:Remake I won't be playing it. For me it's a step back. There are certain things that are better in the past.
For a (relatively) first runthrough and not having seen walkthroughs, that's freakish. It's not immediately obvious about what you are supposed to be doing, where you are supposed to be going.

And saying you won't play a fixed-camera angle remake 2...you are the first! All I've been hearing is the exact opposite in here.

I'd honestly take it any of three ways, though I'd prefer fixed>OTS>FP mode.
Old 12-02-17, 01:21   #25454
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
For a (relatively) first runthrough and not having seen walkthroughs, that's freakish. It's not immediately obvious about what you are supposed to be doing, where you are supposed to be going.

And saying you won't play a fixed-camera angle remake 2...you are the first! All I've been hearing is the exact opposite in here.

I'd honestly take it any of three ways, though I'd prefer fixed>OTS>FP mode.
Well, I like classic REs, but the fixed cameras are the worst thing ever to me. Can say I hate them. They are nothing but artificial difficulty. Not seeing what you have in front of your eyes, makes me angry. I can tolerate them in the previous games because they are a product of their time, but I wont be accepting them in further games, not after playing RE7 with it's amazing, claustrophobic 1st person view.
Old 12-02-17, 05:54   #25455
sharontubul
Hobbyist

I must say that character wise Claire in REV2 wasn't faithful to her past self only on the English version because Capcom messed up the localization.

On the JP script she's got post traumatic stress disorder from Rockfort which made her a little bit more on edge, she did care for Natalia but she questioned her fanatically because of her PTSD. She also never had a crush on Neil. Generally she was more of a bitch but still herself.
sharontubul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 07:36   #25456
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Well, I like classic REs, but the fixed cameras are the worst thing ever to me. Can say I hate them. They are nothing but artificial difficulty. Not seeing what you have in front of your eyes, makes me angry. I can tolerate them in the previous games because they are a product of their time, but I wont be accepting them in further games, not after playing RE7 with it's amazing, claustrophobic 1st person view.
The artificial nature of the difficulty is pretty much limited to not seeing enemies, and in that regard I think the auto-aim mitigates that quite nicely. You could still run into enemies around corners and such I suppose, but you can always hear them.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 08:57   #25457
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharontubul View Post
I must say that character wise Claire in REV2 wasn't faithful to her past self only on the English version because Capcom messed up the localization.

On the JP script she's got post traumatic stress disorder from Rockfort which made her a little bit more on edge, she did care for Natalia but she questioned her fanatically because of her PTSD. She also never had a crush on Neil. Generally she was more of a bitch but still herself.
I don't agree with this at all. It's just poor character 'development' no matter how you look at it. It makes no sense for Claire to have PTSD for Rochford Island in REV2 - it's set like 8/9 years after the events of CVX and Damnation happens in the intervening time in 2005 again another 4/5 years before REV2 and she's the same person she always was in the events of that movie. Secondly if she does have PTSD I highly doubt she would want to be nor be allowed to be involved with the type of work she does and are we supposed to believe that Chris didn't get his sister any help or her work for that matter to deal with such a strong psychiatric problem? No for me it doesn't wash. A character just doesn't change that drastically that quickly. Perhaps it would have been better if Alyson Court had been brought back to foster a bond and some continuity but it feels like they lobbed a character called Claire Red field in there but was visually and personality wise someone else. Perhaps she is. Like Carla/Ada and Redfield/ Chris perhaps it's not her but a cheap knock off.
Old 12-02-17, 10:13   #25458
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Some RE5 Survivors

Old 12-02-17, 10:21   #25459
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
The artificial nature of the difficulty is pretty much limited to not seeing enemies, and in that regard I think the auto-aim mitigates that quite nicely. You could still run into enemies around corners and such I suppose, but you can always hear them.
Well, as I said I finished RE2 in less than 3 hours xDDD I already knew that. But I don't like it. In fact, I hate it. The more I played it, the more it disgusted me.

I know they may have some artistic value, but for me, the cons are bigger than the pros. They don't make me feel vulnerable, they just annoy me. Because if I hear an enemy but it's around the corner, and the corner is not visible, then I just have to wait 'till the enemy walks into the character's vision (which isn't mine), then aim and shoot. It's just annoying. It's not the same as seeing the corner but not seeing the enemy in 1st person, because I have to actually take a look around the corner using my eyes.

Idk how to explain but I can't play with them anymore. At least, not for now. And that's too bad because my brother bought RE: Remake HD for the PS4 and I remember it was a great game, but the fixed cameras are a big NO for me...
Old 12-02-17, 12:26   #25460
FearEffect
Relic Hunter

Quote:
If there's something I didn't enjoy about the game it definitely was the "claustrophobic FP" camera. If I had to choose between fixed and 1st person I'd definitely go back to fixed wihtout any doubts. Because that claustrophobic camera bothered me during the entire game, even if I admited that I loved playing it, I still don't like them. My problem with Revelations' cam was that it was way too close to the character. Since I'm used to it I needed a trainer to adjust the fov. I'd prefer OTS camera. Something closer to Until Dawn, just not FPS.

(AJ Rich's screenshot)
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote