www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 02-03-19, 21:24   #30451
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Right? I played her first and was so glad it was my first taste of the remake. When I heard that the vast majority started with Leon I actually felt disappointed for those people, haha.

That being said, Claire is a total badass in the second scenario when she fights Birkin. "I hope you like bullets cuz I got a helluva lot more!"

Oh, also, you know who else was great? Marvin. Can we rewrite canon to save this man? He goes through so much crap and he's awesome.
Marvin is out of our reach. Just like Anette, their fate is to die in front of us time and time again, both beyond any possible salvation

Also, I'm glad Marvin dies naturally in a non-cutscene manner. More videogames should do this instead of using cutscenes to show every damn event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Yeah, Claire fighting G was so ****ing badass.

As much as I loved Leon, Claire is much better and Id rather have a RE CV remake before R3make just to keep seeing Claire.
Yes. Absolutely YES. Like YES. Not that Code Veronica needs a remake because it's already perfect, but yes. Yes.
Old 03-03-19, 11:10   #30452
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
In the original I loved both equally, but I probably playing as Leon a little more, I enjoyed him as a character a lot and really liked Ada, but in the remake it’s definitley Claire, and for all the same reasons you explained. Claire’s interactions with Marvin especially are way better than Leon’s, she actually gets info about her brother, even if it’s still mostly an after thought, but they’re still better cutscenes.

(Also a side note, I’m really sad that they removed all of Marvin’s dialogue explaining what happened at the spencer mansion, that would’ve been really valuable info for Claire, and really helped tie it to the original, it sucks that they removed all references to the original really.)

Leon’s VA is very strange, sometimes he sounds really good, and sounds a lot like Paul Haddad, like when he says “Gee, thanks.” But others he sounds very flat and has no emotion behind his voice, it is a shame cause I do like Leon’s scenario and story for the most part but there’s just something about his writing, his story, and his acting that just falls flat, and to be completely honest, Claire’s story isn’t all that compelling either, I think as a whole the story is less interesting this time around, but like you said, Claire’s VA really helps carry it and make it more fun.
Agreed Claire's VA did a good job of making Claire seem more real compared to Leon's VA who makes Leon seem as lifeless as the zombies that roam the halls of the RPD.

Because of Leon's VA playing through Leon's scenarios is going to feel like a chore and something I have to do instead of something I want to do, the last time a VA made me feel like this was in GTA4 Michael Hollick was a poor choice IMO to play the part of Niko Bellic.

Michael Hollick's acting is just as flat as Leon's VA, Michael Hollick didn't have much to work with either guy arrives in Liberty City to take revenge on some guy, it's my least favourite GTA because of Niko and the very boring and uninteresting story, GTA4 was such a chore to play and chores are never fun even taking the disc out of the box felt like a chore.

I'm just going to refer to Nick Apolostolides as Leon's VA from now on, if I had to continually type Apolostolides it would get old fast, plus it's one hell of a tongue twister try saying it when drunk.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 18:52   #30453
Grimaldi
Professor

Guys...

Old 03-03-19, 19:16   #30454
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

RE2 modders are quite skilled. And creative, clearly.

Why can't we get these for TR!?
Old 03-03-19, 19:34   #30455
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
RE2 modders are quite skilled. And creative, clearly.

Why can't we get these for TR!?
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=735

You were sayin'?
Old 03-03-19, 19:42   #30456
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post

I take back my words.

What the...!?

I'd say something about this, but I hope people just click on the link and see it all for themselves
Old 03-03-19, 19:46   #30457
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
omg Winston
Old 04-03-19, 05:00   #30458
trfansince96
Student

I can't believe I was able to get the platinum trophy for this game. I went into this game 'knowing' I wasn't going to be able to do it. I never thought I was going to be able to do the 'hardcore', 'S rank', 'not opening the safe', 'not using any health', and the dreaded '4th Survivor'...... I somehow did though. My first platinum trophy for a Resident Evil game.

My run for '4th Survivor' was ridiculous. I got down to my literal last hit of health.... I actually thought I was going to die. I got to the last female zombie that gets up at the end and she bit me while I was on 'danger' but I still had a little bit of the boost mixture. My heart was beating so hard. I should upload it. It's basically a 'how much you can take and still pass it' run.
trfansince96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 06:57   #30459
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfansince96 View Post
I can't believe I was able to get the platinum trophy for this game. I went into this game 'knowing' I wasn't going to be able to do it. I never thought I was going to be able to do the 'hardcore', 'S rank', 'not opening the safe', 'not using any health', and the dreaded '4th Survivor'...... I somehow did though. My first platinum trophy for a Resident Evil game.

My run for '4th Survivor' was ridiculous. I got down to my literal last hit of health.... I actually thought I was going to die. I got to the last female zombie that gets up at the end and she bit me while I was on 'danger' but I still had a little bit of the boost mixture. My heart was beating so hard. I should upload it. It's basically a 'how much you can take and still pass it' run.
I agree! I didn’t think I would get it either! Turns out the no health and the no item box runs were a lot easier than I expected! The no item box run was actually a lot of fun!

Congrats on beating Hunks mode! The 4th Survivor gets a lot easier after you beat it, I think I died a million times, but after you memorize what enemies are where, which you can avoid, and what not you have more than enough health and ammo to get through. (unlike ghost survivors which isn’t balanced at all, yes I’m still bitter about it, and no I won’t shut up about it.)
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 07:30   #30460
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

I'm currently playing through RE3 for the first time. Does anyone have any tips for the nemesis fight at the clock tower on hard mode? I'm pretty good for supplies too, I have 12 minethrower rounds, 40 shotgun shells, 6 magnum bullets, 15 eagle bullets, 16 flame rounds and 20 explosive rounds, alongside a first aid spray and a red/green herb mixture.

I thought I was well stocked for this fight but I just can't seem to get through it? Am I just bad?