www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 03-03-21, 23:27   #35431
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
As much as I was disappointed in RE3R, it sucks not seeing the game get any voice acting award nominations. Jill, Carlos and Nicolai were all great.

Jill's actress in particular is one of the best to come from the post RE7 games.
I didn't like RE3MAKE Nicolai in original RE3 he had a reason for being there collecting battle data on each encounter Nemesis had with Jill and eliminating her for the price on her head which he obviously failed to do since Nemesis killed him, if only RE3MAKE Nemesis got to kill Nicolai like in the original.

Nemesis was pretty poor at the only job he had to do in RE3MAKE kill STARS members, he didn't kill Brad like he did in the original instead a random zombie bites Brad and it doesn't take long for Brad to turn into a zombie himself.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 23:51   #35432
xdesperado_
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
As much as I was disappointed in RE3R, it sucks not seeing the game get any voice acting award nominations. Jill, Carlos and Nicolai were all great.

Jill's actress in particular is one of the best to come from the post RE7 games.
I agree, Nicole Tompkins is the perfect voice for Jill. Though I do still have a soft spot for Jill's REmake & RE5 voices too.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 01:07   #35433
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I didn't like RE3MAKE Nicolai in original RE3 he had a reason for being there collecting battle data on each encounter Nemesis had with Jill and eliminating her for the price on her head which he obviously failed to do since Nemesis killed him, if only RE3MAKE Nemesis got to kill Nicolai like in the original.

Nemesis was pretty poor at the only job he had to do in RE3MAKE kill STARS members, he didn't kill Brad like he did in the original instead a random zombie bites Brad and it doesn't take long for Brad to turn into a zombie himself.
The part where Nemesis kills him in the OG is non canon. The Canon Part of Nicolai is where he survived the helicopter attack fired upon by the Rocket Launcher instead or he leaves with the last helicopter, either way he survived Escaping Raccoon City I believe

Yeah Nemesis’s part is poor indeed, just garbage

Last edited by Johnnay; 04-03-21 at 01:15.
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 06:54   #35434
Night Crawler
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post

Though for RE0 you never control a male in that game
Billy Coen says hi.
Old 04-03-21, 07:23   #35435
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
I agree, Nicole Tompkins is the perfect voice for Jill. Though I do still have a soft spot for Jill's REmake & RE5 voices too.
Tompkins perfectly fits the role she was gives... one issue I have with this whole operation is that RE3R Jill is not Jill

I can't possibly ignore 1HD, 5 and Rev1 just because Capcom said so
Old 04-03-21, 10:09   #35436
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Normally I'd say I hate how much she swears in RE3R, I hate gratuitous swearing and I'm saying that as someone who has had to work on that myself. Though having said that, I do think it works for a Jill dealing with a lot of internal turmoil in the aftermath of the mansion incident.

The acting is great.

Rev1 wasn't Jill either, they randomly changed her face there too. Though she looked identical from the back and you can't ever see her face in-game because of how she turns with the camera, so it's easier to overlook.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 04-03-21 at 10:11.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 10:44   #35437
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Rev1 wasn't Jill either, they randomly changed her face there too. Though she looked identical from the back and you can't ever see her face in-game because of how she turns with the camera, so it's easier to overlook.
I wasn't even talking about looks.
Personality wise, Rev 1 Jill is still Chill Jill from the previous games, you can feel the continuity.

Playing RE3R I had this feeling that they wrote this Jill around the premise of having her carry an action game (high pitched, wordy, harsh, dramatic), instead of just inserting the Zen Jill we know in the new context.
Old 04-03-21, 10:48   #35438
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
I wasn't even talking about looks.
Personality wise, Rev 1 Jill is still Chill Jill from the previous games, you can feel the continuity.

Playing RE3R I had this feeling that they wrote this Jill around the premise of having her carry an action game (high pitched, wordy, harsh, dramatic), instead of just inserting the Zen Jill we know in the new context.
Oh ok, yeah I know what you mean. I guess again I can justify it with the PTSD storyline, though while that might give her a shorter fuse I don't think it would make her quite so gobby.

I do prefer her personality in the other games.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 11:53   #35439
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I know I might be a bit of a 'square' for this but I'm honestly not a fan of all the profanity they put in certain games - the reboot TR games and the RE2/RE3 remake are fraught with it. It's a lazy attempt to be more 'adult' but I actually find it a bit juvenile and think the scripting could be better. Classic/LAU Lara and the OG RE characters didn't need to be dropping F bombs to get their point across and I think it kinda displays a different type of character.

I'm gonna go sit in my rocking chair now.
Old 04-03-21, 11:55   #35440
rewak
Professor

I dunno, if I saw a zombie coming towards me I know exactly what words would come out of my mouth
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote