www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 04-03-21, 12:53   #35441
jajay119
Tomb Raider

oh yes, I get that and I'm not saying never use expletives but I don't think they need to be as prevalent as modern writing makes them sometimes. I had to watch the scene where Irons kidnaps Sherry the other day to check something and that's a scene where I don't think it was necessary and kinda changes to tone of Clare's character a bit. Even in REV2 where she is meant to be a more downtrodden and disillusioned older version of the original characterisation I don't recall that much profanity being used.

It's just one thing I noted as to why the remake characters don't quite feel like the original ones, for me.

Last edited by jajay119; 04-03-21 at 12:56.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 13:10   #35442
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I know I might be a bit of a 'square' for this but I'm honestly not a fan of all the profanity they put in certain games - the reboot TR games and the RE2/RE3 remake are fraught with it. It's a lazy attempt to be more 'adult' but I actually find it a bit juvenile and think the scripting could be better. Classic/LAU Lara and the OG RE characters didn't need to be dropping F bombs to get their point across and I think it kinda displays a different type of character.

I'm gonna go sit in my rocking chair now.
You are not a square for not wanting all the profanity. I'm in agreement with you about it's use. While it may be more realistic to use such language, it is also used as a crutch. I think the dialogue would be superior without it's use. With the benefit of people who wish not to hear it having a better gaming experience.
Old 04-03-21, 16:05   #35443
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
The part where Nemesis kills him in the OG is non canon. The Canon Part of Nicolai is where he survived the helicopter attack fired upon by the Rocket Launcher instead or he leaves with the last helicopter, either way he survived Escaping Raccoon City I believe

Yeah Nemesis’s part is poor indeed, just garbage
Either way it was still satisfying to see Nicolai getting killed by Nemesis in the original, I wish it had happened in the RE3MAKE, RE3MAKE Nicolai is more annoying than the original Nicolai.

If only the final form of Nemesis had eaten Nicolai after he mutated.

RE3MAKE Nemesis final fight is the worst boss fight ever in a Resident Evil game even more so on the higher difficulty levels with that ridiculous multi fist pounding attack that locks Jill into a stun animation leaving her wide open for a death blow.

trfansince96 gave me a great tip for making fighting Nemesis on the higher difficulty levels much easier, get closer to Nemesis so that he doesn't use the multi fist pounding attack on nightmare difficulty Nemesis killed me what felt like 500 times with that attack on inferno difficulty Nemesis only killed me 4 maybe 5 times compared to how many times he killed me on nightmare difficulty.

Jill must have had to take a month long shower after Nemesis exploded all over her, I wouldn't be surprised if Wesker with his tentacle fingers was outside the window looking in, I hope Jill locked the window.

It's a good thing that RE3MAKE Nemesis didn't survive being in Raccoon City that way he wouldn't have to take part in a job performance review for his failure to kill any STARS members.

RE3MAKE Nemesis must have the lowest kill count of any Umbrella bioweapon just 1 guy is all he managed to kill, that soldier guy from the hospital Tyrell I think was his name.

RE3MAKE should be remade again and everything that was cut from the RE3MAKE be included, nothing from the first RE3MAKE should be included especially the multiplayer that no-one wanted or asked for.

The real RE3MAKE should be made by the fans for the fans and if Capcom don't like it and try to put a stop to it like they did with the fan remake of RE2 we'll just say tough you had your chance with the RE3MAKE and you it up, now it's our turn to make a better RE3MAKE so step aside and don't get in the way.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 16:12   #35444
rewak
Professor

If you want to play classic RE3 you should check out the Rebirth mod, same deal as RE1 and 2 Rebirth but this one also adds in HD backgrounds and movies

rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 16:13   #35445
redfox45
Professor

Do away with the swearing and bring back the entertaining, disjointed dialouge of the old days.
Old 04-03-21, 16:18   #35446
dg1995
Explorer

Kinda funny I consider Dead Space 1 to be better than 2 mainly due to this that Issac doesn't swear like a angry teenager in Dead Space 1.(Unlike 2 where he just likes to F everything when you use the kick button.)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 16:54   #35447
trfan16
Archaeologist

I don't mind the occasional swear words, but RE2R and RE3R both go overboard with the swearing. Especially in RE2R where Leon and Claire would say "WTF" to every other zombie encounter. I had the same issue with the Reboot games where Lara would shout the four letter S-word every time she made a dramatic jump. They did tone this down in RE3R at least, but Jill still swears a lot in cutscenes. I'm surprised they didn't have Nicholai cursing like a sailor.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 18:07   #35448
noonbob
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I know I might be a bit of a 'square' for this but I'm honestly not a fan of all the profanity they put in certain games - the reboot TR games and the RE2/RE3 remake are fraught with it. It's a lazy attempt to be more 'adult' but I actually find it a bit juvenile and think the scripting could be better. Classic/LAU Lara and the OG RE characters didn't need to be dropping F bombs to get their point across and I think it kinda displays a different type of character.

I'm gonna go sit in my rocking chair now.
Yes, couldn't have said it better. It's like they throw those words in there to make it "cool".
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 18:25   #35449
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
I don't mind the occasional swear words, but RE2R and RE3R both go overboard with the swearing. Especially in RE2R where Leon and Claire would say "WTF" to every other zombie encounter.
UGH YES, this makes me cringe so hard.

The way Claire suddenly decides now is the time to ask "What the **** is wrong with you?" to the 200th zombie she encounters.

I don't mind the occasional swear either. Actually, when someone doesn't swear much, you know they are pissed when they do. It has more impact.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 04-03-21 at 18:28.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 22:24   #35450
lance6439
Legend

Is he Hispanic or Middle Eastern?