Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 24-09-19, 17:16   #361
Krystian

Thanks! I've been slowly been picking at this for a while now. The plugin will have 5 targets:
  • Enabling correct sliding directions on diagonal and triangular slopes (what you see in the video)
  • Enabling interpolation so that Lara smoothly turns and reacts naturally to changing slopes (what you see in the video)
  • Enabling a speed modifier which allows to slightly effect the speed of Lara's sliding, depending on how steep the slope is (it's very subtle and hard to notice, however it is also enabled in this video)
  • Fixing the "illegal slopes" so Lara won't get stuck in a loop anymore (what has been shown in the previous video, at the end)
And something which I haven't shown yet, namely a vastly improved slope turning feature, so that you can turn with the left and right keys to control Lara's direction when sliding down (to avoid obstacles, etc.). It's already in progress, but atm it interferes with the interpolation feature, so I'm working on a solution. It will be quite customizable, so you can set how much and how fast Lara can turn, among other things.
What's important is that none of the aformentioned features will be forced upon you, you can decide through Customize commands which one of these you want to use and which not. Ideally, each of the features will be able to work indepented to one another, but also in conjunction.

I thought about making the slidable threshold (aka the minimum slope steepness that Lara can slide on) customizable as well, but it depends on how much patching would be required to do this. If it ends up requiring a lot of patches, I'll probably drop it. It won't be worth it, as you can already use TRNG bridges to modify floor collision properties if you really need to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
Would be great if we could adjust the interpolation speed
Already a thing, you can either set a constant value as the speed or you can enter the number of frames in which the turning will be complete, in which case the speed gets calculated on the fly. So you get to choose between a constant speed or constant duration.

EDIT:
In case you're wondering about the AOD overhang climbing plugin, it isn't abandoned, but I did run into some issues with the handling of collision. For this reason I put in on the side for a moment and gave this newer plugin more attention. There haven't been many updates worth mentioning since my latest update, but I have also been trying to get it to work with bridges to substitute using room geometry, with moderate success so far. Though nothing worth showing yet, I'm afraid

Last edited by Krystian; 24-09-19 at 17:26.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 19:19   #362
AkyV

Hello everyone!
TokyoSU is just implementing TR2 and TR3 enemies into a WIP plugin. Naturally this needs an intensive testing. Please come, if you have an access to the plugin testing forum, and join us.

No access, but want to join? Then send me a PM.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 19:45   #363
TokyoSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Hello everyone!
TokyoSU is just implementing TR2 and TR3 enemies into a WIP plugin. Naturally this needs an intensive testing. Please come, if you have an access to the plugin testing forum, and join us.

No access, but want to join? Then send me a PM.
TR1/TR4/TR5 (not TRNG already) too
it will include traps/vehicle/etc...
only TR2 is created for now

EDIT: report any bug you found here: https://github.com/TokyoSU/Plugin_TokyoSU/issues
PS: its for serious testing, i dont want to release a bugged version

Last edited by TokyoSU; 01-11-19 at 19:55.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 14:04   #364
TokyoSU

I'm sorry for the hype, since i now work on TR5Main, i cant work on 2 project in the same time, my Plugin_TokyoSU is now "dead", you can use the source there: https://github.com/TokyoSU/Plugin_TokyoSU
you can freely rename the plugin with your name and work on it, i will work on the object (init/coll/control) and the OBJECTS.h enum and testing in TR5Main.
i hope you will forgive me to not finish it entirly. my priority now is to help monty to rework the entity system to include all entity from TR1 to TR5.

i'm really sorry to leave this plugins, i will thank LGG_PRODUCTION and AkyV that have tested this plugin at 200% (and personnaly LGG_PRODUCTION that tested it from the start) and the many hour these friend have passed on it. i'm really sad to leave like that.

i hope you will forgive me and i will work on TR5Main starting today.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 21:58   #365
AkyV

Thumbs up

AODfan's two half-made plugins have been corrected, improved and released by ChocolateFan!

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...90&postcount=2

Plugin_AODfanChocolateFanChronicles

It makes easy to use the searchable objects of TR5, like cupboard, drawer etc.

Plugin_AODfanChocolateFanTR1
It controls four objects:

- TR1 Savegame Crystal
- TR3 Savegame Crystal
- TR1 Collapsible Floor
- TR1 Spikes
Old 06-12-19, 18:43   #366
AkyV

Dear anybody who wants two test my new plugin!

MY NEW (THIRD) PLUGIN HAS BEEN LAUNCHED ON THE TEST FORUM!
PLEASE COME AND TEST IT.

If you want to test, seriously, but you don’t have access to the forum, then just tell me here or in PM, and I will tell you the route and the password, taking you in the test team.

Important!
For some additional triggers you need to also have my second (AkyVMix02) plugin installed. (See the trigger descriptions in the pack for more details about it.)

See the descriptions for more details:

- New script constant descriptions: NG Center/Reference.
- New trigger descriptions: NGLE/Set Trigger Type/Trigger's Remark and Trigger's Help. (Or you can also read them directly in Plugin_AkyVMix03.trg.)

The contents that need to be tested:

1. AMBIENCE AUDIO TRACK SET

F602: Sound. (CD) (E) Enable/disable <&> ambience audio track set

Audio tracks will be started and aborted automatically, according to Lara’s actual position, using three tracks in this audio group:
- inside track
- outside track
- underwater (or under-quicksand) track

Note:
Actually, the audio tracks are based on not exactly Lara herself, but the actual camera. It makes the game more realistic, as you can see in these examples:

- Lara steps into the house from the forest, but the chase camera behind her is still in the forest, showing the forest. Now the outside track should be played till Lara steps further inside to also let the camera get inside.
- Lara is walking on the side of a pool, when activates a flyby camera sequence next to her, under the water surface. Now the underwater track should be played while the flyby sequence is running.

Features:
- Presetting several audio groups of tracks in the script, for any channel. (But maximum one running set at the same time!)
- Start and stop the group immediately or only at the next change of the environment.
- Stopping it can happen with muting the channel or setting a new (constant) track. (You can also stop it simply adjusting not to change any track any more – till you do that manually in the casual way.)
- A different audio can be also started manually while this set is running on that channel. The next change of the environment will restore the running set.

I didn't test this feature under special, extreme circumstances, like NewSoundEngine = DISABLED etc.

2. EXAMINE THE DISTANCE BETWEEN ANY TWO OBJECTS

C109: Object generally. Check the distance between any objects in <#> way

So, from now on, you can observe the distance easily between any objects, with this condition trigger:

- a requested Moveable object (even Lara) and another requested Moveable object, or
- a requested Moveable object (even Lara) and a requested Static object, or
- a requested Static object and another requested Static object.

Features:
- Based on units. (1024 units = 4 clicks = 1 sector.)
- The observation can be “less”, “more”, “equal” or “between”.
- The distance can be observed in one of these ways:

a, 3D
b, 2D horizontal
c, north/south
d, west/east
e, vertical

- In the case of “only one direction” observations (north/south, east/west, vertical) you can also check the position. For example:
The vertical condition is true only if this object is below and the other object is above.
The north/south condition is true only if this object is closer to north and the other object is closer to south.
Etc.

3. CHANGE SOUND SAMPLE PROPERTIES DURING THE GAME

F603: Sound. (E) Change/restore sound sample properties in <&> way

The list of features you can change – comparing them to the default values set in Sounds.txt:
- The sample(s) (WAV files) itself/themselves that belong(s) to that sound.
- The number of samples in that sound: one, two, three or four.
- Volume (VOL).
- Radius (RAD).
- Chance (CH).
- Pitch (PIT).
- Loop (L) or single.
- Set/remove Wait (W) flag for a single sound: the loop animation sound won’t play if the previous play of that animation is still playing the same sound.
- Set/remove Rewound (R) flag for a single sound: if the previous play of the loop animation is still playing its own sound, then this new play of the animation will abort that sound to play it again from the start.
- Set/remove Non-panoramic effect (N) flag: the angle won't be calculated between the sound source and the actual camera, so the sound will be always positioned at the center.
- Set/remove Varied Pitch (P) flag.
- Set/remove Varied Volume (V) flag.

Notes:
- It is based on the sound contents of the level WAD, so the changes will be valid only for the actual level.
- You can have maximum fifty changes at a level at the same time.
- You can also restore the default properties.

4. ENEMY HEALTH DISPLAY
Or you can also use this feature to simply list the aimed and/or nearmost enemies, with text and/or sprites, on the screen.

F604: Enemy. (Health) (E) Enable/disable enemy health display in <&> way

This trigger is a heavily enhanced version of this tutorial:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=211621

The main purpose of this trigger:
You can show enemy health displays on the screen.

Each display has three parts:

- A bar that shows the enemy health.
- A text that can have a customizable contents – but first of all, its main use is to print the name of the enemy, his health, and his distance to Lara (in sectors, this unit is easily understandable by the player).
- A sprite to illustrate the enemy (eg. if it is a scorpion then the sprite shows a scorpion).

The feature has two parts:

- Showing the enemy just aimed, in a display.
- Showing the enemies that are just the nearmost to Lara. Each enemy here has its own display, and they are in one column on the screen:
In the uppermost position is the enemy that is just the nearmost to Lara.
In the position just below it is the enemy that is just the second nearmost to Lara.
In the position just below it is the enemy that is just the third nearmost to Lara.
Etc.
(The distance is calculated for this column in units, in 3D way. 1024 units = 4 clicks = 1 sector.)
The enemies are naturally moving around, just like Lara, so the order in this column changes continuously.

See a screen here for a possible look:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=283
(Sprites on that screenshot are lame, they are only for tests.)

The properties are highly customizable!

Notes:
- It’s tested with automatic targeting adjusted. Enemies aimed by the lasersight are not handled as “aimed” ones.
- Enemies are not automatically part of the setup. An enemy will be in the setup only if you add it to the setup.
But important: un-aimable creatures (like wraiths or emitted creatures) are useless in this setup, they only may make it buggy, if you add them to the setup!
- You need to cautiously set in the script that how many displays you need maximum on the screen (eg. one for the aimed enemy and three for the nearmost ones, which is four) – at most, 11 is possible. If you blow it up, then other, casual bars (eg. Lara’s health bar) will be also changed by this trigger.
- Floating numbers are not used here, only integer ones. For example, the text of the display says “HP is 98 %” - when HP is 98.67 %.

Feature details:
- Display sets can be enabled or disabled. For example, if you disable the first setup, then you enable the second one, from one certain point of the level, because you want a different display look for creatures show up in that section of the level, because they differ from the enemies of the first section of the level.
- You can have more than one display set even at the same time (maximum five). So you can even set different display looks for different enemy types at the same time. - For example:
a, One set for dogs and another one for cats (tigers).
b, One set for humans, another one for animals, and a third one for mythical enemies.
c, One set for "general" enemies, and a second one only for one enemy, but who is a mighty boss here.
Etc.
- Maximum twelve “enemies” like that can be defined per level. These are usually object slots, but a single object also can be an “enemy” now. Moreover, you can rule out (maximum five) objects now of a slot, so their displays won’t be showed in this setup – perhaps to show their displays with another look in another setup.
(These twelve enemies can have maximum fifty creatures per level – either if they are living, or still not spawned, or already dead.)
- Each “enemy” can have its own text and own sprite.
- The actually aimed enemy is calculated amongst the nearmost enemies only if you want that.
- You also have to handle with care some illogical aimable enemies, like eg. the only “detonate-able” sentry guns or the immortal demigods, because aiming at them with automatical targetting is meaningless. For example, you rule out them of the “aimed enemy display” part of setup - so the gun or the demigod will be shown only amongst the “nearmost enemies displays” part of that setup.
- You can choose any or both parts for your setup: aimed+nearmost enemies, only aimed enemy, only nearmost enemies.
- You can choose any or all parts for a display: bar+text+sprite, bar+text, text+sprite, only bar, only text, only sprite.
- You can set how many nearmost enemies will be shown in the display column of the nearmost enemies of that setup: one, two, three, four or five.
- The distance where the nearmost enemies are detected can be unlimited, or within a one, two, three etc, sector sized radius.
- Properties for the aimed enemy’s display or the nearmost enemies’ displays are two different customizations, if you want.
- Position and size on the screen are customizable for the bars, the texts and the sprites. For the position, there are a priority order amongst them. For example, if there is a bar and a text in a display, then only the bar position is compared to the screen, the text position is compared to the bar (so if you move the bar, then the text position is constant, locked to that).
(In the nearmost enemies’ display column the horizontal coordinate are the same for the displays, and the vertical distance also the same between two adjacent displays – that makes it a nice column.)
- Bar colors are customizable RGB colors.
- Each bar has two colors: one for the thick stripe in the middle and one for the two thin stripes at the edges – above the black background.
- Text colors are based on the casual CL constants.
- The text contents are fully customizable. But they can be fully constant for an enemy (eg. the text for an eagle always says “eagle”). And/or it can have some preset variables as well, to show distance and/or health points and/or health percent (eg. “eagle is in 5 sectors distance, HP: 15/45”). (“Variables” mean only “not constant value” here, not TRNG subject of “Global Byte Alfa1” or such.)
- Sprites can be opaque or semi-transparent.
- Extra feature is to change the look at different (but customizable) health percents (maximum three changes per display – one customization for the aimed enemy and one for the nearmost ones):
a, bar color (can be different for both bar colors)
b, text color
c, sprite
For example, at 100 % health the bar is green, saying, the enemy is full healthy. At 75 % it turns to yellow, saying, it is a bit injured. At 50 % it turns to gold, saying, it is mid-injured. At 25 % it turns to red, saying, it is heavily injured.
Or: the default sprite for the enemy shows him in a healthy status. At 50 % health it turns to show an injured enemy, another sprite.
- Extra feature is to change the bar color by degrees – one customization for the aimed enemy and one for the nearmost ones. (Can be different for both bar colors.)
For example, when the enemy is full healthy, then the bar color is green. When just dies, then it is red. While he loses the life points, green turns to red by degrees.
- Extra feature is to have a bar with rhythmically pulsing colors – one customization for the aimed enemy and one for the nearmost ones. (Colors and rhythms can be different for both bar colors.)
- Extra feature is to have a bar with rhythmically blinking colors under the required value of the bar – one customization for the aimed enemy and one for the nearmost ones. (Colors and rhythms can be different for both bar colors.)
- All of the extra features can have a custom sound for the aimed enemy bar, saying “the enemy is just aimed”. (Yes, using the bar in the setup is necessary now.) It could be a pulsing sound for the pulsing setup and blinking sound for the blinking setup. (Yes, if the bar is not blinking in the blinking setup, the sound is not playing.)
With some tricks, you can play the sound in the setup even if the extra feature is not chosen, i.e. if the bar color is constant.
- All of the extra features are able to rule out a property of itself, if you don’t want to change it. For example:
a, Thick stripe bar color is pulsing, thin stripes bar color remains constant.
b, At the required health percent, only the text color changes, the sprite remains the previous one.
c, Etc.

5. COLOR CUSTOMIZATION OF CASUAL BARS

F605:Bar. (E) Enable/disable bar color in <&> way

This trigger can change the colors of these bars:

- Lara's general health bar
- Lara's underwater air bar
- Lara's dash bar
- Lara's cold water vitality bar
- Lara's damage room vitality bar
- custom bar 1, 2, 3 or 4

The colors are:
- the thick stripe in the middle: one color, customizable with this feature,
- the two thin stripes at the upper/lower edges: one color, customizable with this feature,
- black background: one color, constant,
- white frame: one color, constant.

The customizations are:
- sudden change any time during the level,
- custom percents to change the color, reaching that percent,
- changing the color step by step, between full and empty bar,
- pulsing between two colors,
- constant, then, below a custom value of the bar, blinking between two colors,
- restore default colors.

Videos:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=310

Notes:
- There can be different customizations for both (thick/thin stripe) colors, including the different blinking/pulsing time.
- The changes work in both directions: either for increasing or decreasing bars.
- At changes with percents, there can be maximum three percents per bar.
- Custom colors with CUST_BAR or Damage Script commands can also be default bar colors, not only the original bar colors.
- Other customizations with CUST_BAR or Damage also work.
- Some bars have default blinking, this trigger has no effect on those.
- When a health pack is displayed in JMN’s ring inventory with the health bar together, then this trigger has no effect on that inventory bar.

6. GRIP BAR

F606: Bar. (E) Enable/disable Lara's grip bar in <&> way
C108: Bar. Lara's hanging strength for enabled grip bar is (E) less/equal/more than <#> percents

This feature is an enhanced version of this tutorial:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=211686

This feature adds a bar to Lara's hanging actions, so if Lara is hanging too far, then the bar shows she loses her energy, and - when she has just lost all - she falls down.

“Fall down” = the code disables Action key (CTRL) for one second.

Feature details:
- For main hanging actions, like shimmying on ledges, climbing ladders etc. Tiny hangings (like get a handle to open down a ceiling trapdoor, climbing a TR5-type shelf to get an item off it etc.) are excluded.
(Only full animations are calculated, which could be important eg. if the hanging starts not at the first animation frame. However, I ignored this issue, so you can freely edit the animation without breaking any frame limit.)
- Hanging actions are allowed to be chosen for the setup by you (from predefined actions).
- The setup has maximum three hanging situations, and each situation has its own hanging actions (chosen by you). The point is that different situations have different (customizable) value that will be lost (step by step) when Lara’s hanging. (So, for example, when her feet is on the ladder, then she apparently loses less energy, but when she is just gripping by hands, then she loses more.)
- You can set how soon Lara will get the strength back (step by step) that she has already lost.
- The bar is on the screen if Lara is hanging, or – not hanging, unlike the original TR6 bar – if she is just resting, recovering her lost hanging energy back. (I think this difference makes the bar more realistic. However, you have the chance to restore that TR6 behavior.) So the bar is removed being full at 100 %. But you can customize it: even the full bar can remain on the screen, for a custom time, including “forever”.
- You can adjust a countable inventory item, and a key command and/or an inventory command for it, to add some extra energy, decreasing the item amount by one, saying eg. “the ledge is too long to hang along all of it, even if Lara’s strength is 100 % at the start, so she eats a chocolate to get some extra strength while hanging”. A sound effect is optional to add, signaling she has just used an item like that. (But no animation is calculated for “eating”.)
The energy amount that “eating a chocolate” gives back is customizable.
- The sizes, the position and the colors of the bar is customizable.
- Optional extra bar color properties:

a, At custom (max three) percents of the bar, the bar color changes to warn the player for the strength getting less and less.
b, Between max and min values the color changes step by step, by degrees.
c, Pulsing color.
d, Below a custom percent, blinking colors can signal the too low strength, if you want. Adding a warning sound to this blinking can also be an option here.

- Some texts can also be added to the bar, optionally: pure texts (eg. bar name), strength actual percent, and the actual amount of that “chocolate”. Text parameters (color, position, size, maximum three number of rows) can be set by you.
- As you can see, a condition trigger is also added to examine the actual strength: hanging, not hanging, or both.

Note:
For technical reasons Local Byte Beta4 variable (and so its overlapping variables) are engaged for this setup.

7. AOD-TYPE WALKING MODE SWITCH

F607: Lara. (Status) (E) Enable/disable Lara's walking mode in <&> way

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=211684

This trigger imitates the walking feature from Angel of Darkness:
- Hitting SHIFT, a little walking icon (sprite) shows up on the screen, saying: if you move Lara now with cursor keys on dry land, then she will walk, not run.
- You don't need to keep down SHIFT when Lara is walking. So, if you hit SHIFT shortly, then you can turn the walking mode on/off with it, which means Lara can walk even without pushing SHIFT continuously while this mode is on.

“Without pushing SHIFT” = the SHIFT will be simulated (forced) while the walking mode is on.

Feature details:
- “Walking” means these three types of actions, all started from her standing still:

a, She is running, but if SHIFT is also hit (or forced), then she will be walking forward.
b, She is turning at her spot, but if SHIFT is also hit (or forced), then she will be stepping aside.
c, She is hopping back, but if SHIFT is also hit (or forced), then she will be stepping back.

In the tutorial all of these actions were forced, and this is also the basic setting now, but now in the plugin you can choose only one or two actions for your setup, if you want.
- In the tutorial:

a, you can turn on/off the walking mode manually any time, and
b, the walking mode never turns off by itself.
(If the walking mode is “on” for a non-walking animation, that can be good even if it sounds meaningless, for example:
You turn it on when Lara is swimming, so if she comes out of the water after that, then you will be sure that she will be walking forwards on feet if you simply hit the UP arrow key.)

And all of this is also the basic settings now in the plugin, which will be changed, if you does not choose the basic setting (run/walk+turn/step+hop/step) for the actions – i.e. now the walking mode will be valid only for the chosen walking actions.
For example, you set run/walk and turn/step now, but didn’t set hop/step. - The differences are now from the basic setting:

a, For example, she is walking (forced), then she stops, and the player hits the DOWN arrow key. The walking mode turns off automatically now, she won’t be stepping back now, but hopping back.
b, You cannot turn the walking mode back on manually while she is hopping back. (But naturally you can hit SHIFT for a long time to make her stepping back now - as usual, if you do that with SHIFT.)

(Note: don't misunderstand, you can choose all the three actions of "run/walk+turn/step+hop/step", one by one, adding them to each other, which is not the default setting when they are chosen automatically in one pack.)

If you do not choose the basic setting, that naturally also has the same effect on the non-walking actions, because they are naturally not “chosen walking actions”. (So the walking mode turns off automatically if Lara performs a non-walking action, and you cannot turn on manually the walking mode now.)
But perhaps you want to change it. For example: Lara jumps much while walking. Jumping is not a walking action, so the walking mode turns off always when she jumps. It is boring to turn the walking mode back on after each jump, just before the actual walking steps, so you want the jumping animation to keep the walking mode on. – You can add any non-walking animation for this reason to the setup.

But what if you want a non-chosen walking action to act like this? I mean, eg. you don’t choose hop/step, because you don’t want to force SHIFT for hopping back, but you don’t want the walking mode to turn off automatically while Lara is hopping back, so, if she finished it, then you don’t need to turn the walking mode back on manually again and again, which is boring. – Well, you can do it, in these cases you need to choose hop/step, but as a special flag.
- As you can see, standing still is an important and a special action, linking the walking actions to each other.
That is why standing still can be chosen specially, in these three different ways:

a, You can turn on/off the walking mode while Lara is standing still. It never turns off automatically.
b, You can turn on/off the walking mode while Lara is standing still. If Lara moves and then stops to standing still, then the walking mode turns off automatically.
c, You cannot turn on/off the walking mode while Lara is standing still. But if Lara starts moving now, and you turns on the walking mode, and then she stops to standing still, then the walking mode remains on.

- SHIFT (not using the default settings) never will be simulated in the cases when it is not about walking (which doesn't mean the walking mode cannot be made on for these animations). - Some examples when the SHIFT simulation has a meaning in the engine, so which will be ignored now:

a, swan dive,
b, pull up with a handstand from hanging on a ledge,
c, shift to driving forward mode in the jeep,
d, disable the side arrows when swimming underwater.

- If Lara is jerked by an enemy, then it is better if she can run away from him. That is why when this jerk happens, then the walking mode will always turn off automatically, even if it is a situation when it is usually remains on (eg. standing still) - but only if it is not the basic setting.
However, it won't turn off by itself if it is only a little push by a weak enemy.
- That “short” time for SHIFT is customizable (5 tick frame is suggested).
- Sidestepping works naturally also not only as side arrow+SHIFT, but even as Delete or Page Down. If you use these alternatives, that is also calculated as “side arrow and hitting SHIFT continuously” in this setup.
- The setup also works with custom keys for SHIFT/Delete/Page Down.
- The sprite, its position, size and opaque/transparent status are customizable.
- By default, the walking icon is always shown on the screen if SHIFT is detected – just like in the tutorial:

a, if SHIFT is pressed down (even if it is not for walking, even if it has no effect), and
b, if the walking mode is on.

But you can customize it now (in a, b, c, a+b, a+c way):

a, it is shown only if SHIFT is pressed for walking (run/walk+turn/step+hop/step) or for standing still (to warn the player: “if you start moving with Lara now, then the walking will be forced”),
b, it is shown only if the walking mode is on,
c, it is shown only if SHIFT is forced while the walking mode is on.

Note:
If you want, you can use this setup only to show the walking icon when hitting SHIFT, i.e. without the walking mode. (But this time the setup is not really customizable, except the sprite parameters.)

8. RELOADING WEAPONS

F608: Lara. (Weapons) (E) Enable/disable reloading weapon in <&> way

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=206862

This trigger won’t let Lara shoot endlessly with her weapon. Even if the ammo isn’t infinite for the weapon (which can be done easily for the pistols in TRNG), she is not allowed to use all the ammo of the backpack with hitting the Action key continuously. From time to time, the ammo runs out of the weapon, and she needs to reload it.

Feature details:
- Each weapon can have its own customization. It will be used for all of its ammo types – however, the ammo types naturally remains separated from each other, like so far.
- “Reloading” means the weapon has a maximum ammo amount that you can load into it. In the case of pistols or Uzi it is easy: it is the (default or customized) ammo amount in each clip pair which Lara picks up. Or even the sixshooter is easy to define, it is mostly six bullets.
But in other cases you need to properly use your illusion for a proper value. For example: how many arrows can be stuffed at the same time into the crossbow?
Anyway, this limit must be adjusted in this setup.
- There is a customizable key command to reload the weapon type, if it has run out of ammo – but if you still have some of that ammo type in the backpack.
Important that Lara must be holding the empty weapon with idle hands now!
- If you want a reloading animation then the ammo won’t be loaded immediately when you hit that key, but only after executing that animation that starts now:

empty weapon with idle hands -> reloading animation -> full weapon with idle hands

The reloading animation is an animation of LARA object (you can freely choose the animation slot).
Each weapon can have maximum three reloading animations at the same time. The look of the different reloading animations of the same weapon depends on their base animations (which you can freely choose).
For example:

Base1: Lara is standing still (Animation 103)
Reload1: Lara is reloading while standing still
Base2: Lara is crouching still
Reload2: Lara is reloading while crouching still

Yes, I suggest idle animations, because they are logical. I mean, for example, reloading when jumping aside, eg. when Lara is just upside down, sounds illogical.
Besides, it is some plus in the game experience, the player must hide in idle mode while fighting enemies, to reload.
- The grenade gun has a reloading animation by default, after each shot. But you have the possibility to also use the grenade gun in this setup, if you can solve this issue somehow.
- Though, perhaps it seems reasonable to play this reloading animation even if Lara changes the ammo type in the shotgun, grenade gun, crossbow, it is not part of this setup, for some reasons.
(A special case: if an ammo type runs out, you change this type for another one, and then change it back, then naturally not this empty weapon will be restored for this ammo type – but still always without a reloading animation.)
- Sounds and other AnimCommands can be also set at the reloading animation, as usual.
If you don’t have a reloading animation, but you want a reloading sound, then you can script it.
(Perhaps it is worth setting this sound here even if you have a reloading animation, because – either you have the animation or not – the sound can be also played even if you have just closed the flat inventory after changing the ammo type.
For JMN’s ring inventory, it doesn’t work, but you don’t even need that, that has an in-inventory ammo changing sound.)
- There is an optional textual display to show this data on the screen, about the actual weapon in the hand:

a, the actual ammo amount,
b, the maximum ammo amount that loads the weapon if you reload,
c, that how many times you can still reload the empty weapon from your backpack. (Reloading halt-empty weapons is not allowed.)

The display will be removed not only when you holster the weapon, but – in the case when having a reloading animation – if the reloading animation is just being performed (because the weapon now temporarily is not available for trying the Action key.)
- The actual ammo value of the actual weapon is automatically saved always in the same variable in a hardcoded way, so you can check this variable value to check the ammo amount, or you can show this variable value in a custom bar etc.
- The position, size and color of the textual display is also customizable.
- The ammo type changing is thoughtfully handled if you change the weapon slot. (Eg. harpoon gun instead of crossbow.)

9. ROOM PROPERTIES

F609: Room. Set <&> properties in the required room

The main reason of this trigger is to set or remove different room flags (water, snow, damage etc.) or their intensities, with these features:

- F115 and F116 trng.dll triggers remove/set the room flag of cold, damage, outside, quicksand, rain, snow, water properties, based on the game index of the room. Game indices can be easily changed if you add/remove a room to/from your room list. So, perhaps you won't even notice, but after that adding/removing, the trigger won't work or will badly work, referring to an already non-existing room ID, or a room ID which means another room now.
This F609 fixes this imperfection, using always the room indices of the editor, which indices are always constant.
- Non-lens room flag can be also removed/set with F609. (In limited number at the same time, due to the amount of slots for them in savegames.)
- F117 trng.dll trigger defines an intensity for rain/snow, but the imperfection is the same as above: it uses game indices.
This F609 lets you use editor indices for this.
- Mist intensity can be also set/changed with F609. (Just like with the non-lens flag, its simultaneous number is limited in savegames.)
- The trigger can be clearly adjusted to work only on the original room or only on its flipped room, or on the actual room version. You can also name specific flipmaps for it.
- The room property/intensity can be set not only with a room index, if you use F609, but even in other ways:

a, Lara's actual room*
b, the actual room* of the required Moveable object,
c, the actual room* of the actual camera.

*: or the room after activating this trigger, which room this subject has just left/entered. (Except: non-lens flag and mist intensity.)
- Unfortunately, this trigger is useless (just like those trng.dll triggers):

a, to set/remove horizon, reflection, mist flags,
b, to change reflection intensity,
c, to define initial or new intensity for water or quicksand (which makes these initial intensities heavily definable),
d, to fix the bug of losing the higher rain (and even snow?) intensity to a lower one (mostly when loading savegames).

Important notes for all the sprite/text features in the plugin:

- I recommend Customize= CUST_BACKGROUND for binoculars and lasersight, or else the original graphics of them will not cover the sprite and text of the display that must be covered.
- The text and the sprite may be seeable even under menus or loadscreens. It can be fixed (also having my second plugin installed for that!) in these ways:

a, Perform level jumps with F592 trigger of this plugin.
b, If you load a backup savegame back (see F98 of trng.dll), use F594 of this plugin instead.

The same bug kicks in inside the inventory if you enter Save/Load Game menu in the inventory, and then you leave it – but only with JMN’s ring inventory. For the time being it cannot be fixed. (You can encounter the similar bug for sounds, for enemy health bar or grip bar features, if you add a sound to the bar.)
- Use F598 of my second plugin to fix texts and sprites on static/flyby camera screens.

Last edited by AkyV; 09-12-19 at 09:16.
Old 03-01-20, 17:47   #367
AkyV

Hello everybody!

The test of the plugin (see just above) is pretty abandoned.
Alisa97 was so kind to test some features for me, but my main tester, ChocolateFan is mostly engaged with tr5main tests nowadays. And that's all I can say now, other test team members are nowhere...
I would not like to wait till spring or summer to release the plugin, because it is already in beta phase, all I want to work on it is maximally fixing (and perhaps polishing a bit) the features being already done, based on testers' reports.

So, I'd like to ask, are there any people here to join the test?
You don't need to understand how plugins work, you only need to understand TRNG basics, be good with scripting, and thoughtfully try the features and report what you found. Installing a plugin is very easy, anyway, that's all you need to do before that.
Old 05-01-20, 03:50   #368
Alisa97

I have a suggestion.
What about releasing a plugin as a beta?
Even if the plugin is beta, people who are interested in the feature
will definitely try that feature.
If they found a bug, they will report it on this forum.
If more people try the plugin, more feedback will be gathered, I think.

Last edited by Alisa97; 06-01-20 at 12:53. Reason: Grammar mistake
Alisa97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 12:06   #369
AkyV

Hello! Thank you for your suggestion.
I still count on ChocolateFan to join, she said she would when she was just not doing tr5main test. And I also asked not again! to help for a surely debugged version.

Even when I launched this test (early December) my plan was to release it till late January-early February. I still keep it, so I still have one month to see how it goes, then - as you said, because it was also my second thought - it will be released as it is. Even in that case I won't call it a beta, because I am here, say, in real-time to fix and update even in a few hours, days, I will simply raise the version number if it is needed. Plus, I made myself days of thoughtful tests for myself, I am 99 % sure that there can be only minor bugs (which you also already found) which won't really prevent you from using this. (Anyway, it is also true for my older plugins: if anybody found something, months or even years after the successful tests, I am here to fix and update them in a hurry.)

Last edited by AkyV; 05-01-20 at 12:07.
Old 18-03-20, 18:14   #370
SrDanielPonces

Notices of ChocolateFan's work on Tokyo's plugin:

-> Maybe the black mask merc needs a longer shooting range?

-> The Xian statue can be exploded before being triggered.

-> Afaik the black eel had a special death anim?

Aside from those few minor issues, they all seem to be in working order.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote