Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 10-09-19, 13:39   #11
Alterjano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
At least the tech for dual pistols should finally be there in this generation. :P

But jokes aside, it's kinda sad that the PS4 era seems to be over soon. Feels like yesterday that I upgraded my PS3.
Anyway I'm looking forward to what developers will be able to get out of this generation. Raytracing and photorealistic textures would be really nice, but I'm not sure if the PS5 will be powerful enough for this. What I DO hope is, that there will be many great games for it over the next few years. I'm waiting for another Uncharted spin-off, TLOU2, another QuanticDream title and more. Although I'd prefer to see these games released for other platforms, too, I guess those will be the main selling points of the PS5. I'd also really like to see a 4K blu-ray player included, since I'd never buy a standalone device.
The PS5 definitely needs to add support for 4K Blu-ray, especially since the Xbox One X and S already supports such a feature.

With the games, I wouldn't mind a new Uncharted game and a free patch to enhance the graphical fidelity and physics of Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us II for the PS5. However, I doubt that there will be an exclusive Quantic Dream game for Sony's next gen console as the exclusivity contract between Sony and QD ended. It is more like QD's next game will be a multi platform title. No such loss though, as, I have a feeling that Sony and Remedy will partner up for a future exclusive PS5 game. Recently, there have being rumors of Sony potentially acquiring Remedy but I assume that will happen after Sony evaluates the financial success of Control.

Last edited by Alterjano; 11-09-19 at 06:49.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 15:19   #12
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
It would not be successful financially, since PS4 titles will (rumor) be backwards compatible with the PS5. People would by the ‘cheaper’ version of Shadow, unless they upgrade that as the Definitive Edition, like Rise plus season pass becoming 20 Year Celebration...
Ideally a mix of TR DE and Rise 20thAE. Better graphics, performance and physics, brand new contents, ect... But you're right !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 19:47   #13
Blackmoor

Really looking forward to the next gen because I expect a lot of the games and sequels I'm waiting for (Skyrim/Elder Scrolls, HZD, new ND project, Dragon Age 4, etc) are aimed for that generation.

Plus it'll probably mean some kind of major upgrade for TR too.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 05:29   #14
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwork View Post
With rumours floating of a November 6th 2020 release date for Playstation 5, I thought it was about time to start a thread about the new console to gather news and start the countdown.
I started a general PlayStation thread to avoid the need for a new thread every generation.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 06:42   #15
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
It would not be successful financially, since PS4 titles will (rumor) be backwards compatible with the PS5. People would by the ‘cheaper’ version of Shadow, unless they upgrade that as the Definitive Edition, like Rise plus season pass becoming 20 Year Celebration...
I really hope this doesn't happen, it would be the same as Rise for the Xbox 360.

I had bought the game on day one for Xbox 360 and I paid for the season pass, but I've never got to play Blood Ties and all the celebration dlcs...

Thankfully then I got a ps4 so I got to play them, but honestly I don't want this to happen again (let's be honest, the ps4 can definitely handle a croft manor dlc, technical limitation would be just an excuse to make it exclusive to the new console).
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 09:04   #16
Tomb Raidering

It would be a first buy for me if they upgrade the graphics (a la DE) AND include all the DLCs (a la 20YC) ALONG with the 2013 Definitive Edition and Rise PS4Pro 20YC themselves. Basically a trilogy remaster (again... ). It could be a possibility, since Square Enix is famous for their KH Final Mixes and FF remaster/remakes >.<
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 13:16   #17
Gothlegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
At least much much better than the boring 4K - 60 fps we suffered for years
No joke! You know what drives me crazy about that? It ultimately came down to the choice of either. Which is more than fine but if they had just realistically focused on one or the other than we would have at least followed through with one publicity move
Gothlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 14:16   #18
Zelda master

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
L O A D I N G T I M E S.
yep. they're pushing that as the selling point.
Honestly, some games on the Switch and PC are absolutely refreshing to have load times of mere seconds instead of those minute plus long things on the PS4/One. But we'll see...
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 14:31   #19
Tomb Raidering

^ Off-topic idea:
I would actually like a loading bar (a la TR4/5 or TRL/A) to return (only when you Continue from the Main Menu ) for the next TR game...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 10:20   #20
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
L O A D I N G T I M E S.
yep. they're pushing that as the selling point.
Is it 1994? Let me go get my Mega Drive - that has no loading times either.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote