www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-19, 20:14   #29601
redfox45
Archaeologist
 
redfox45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Temple of Xian
Posts: 1,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Zipped through again in 12 minute, hurrah for multiple accounts.

.
Thankyou for answering the question I was about to ask
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 20:27   #29602
Isaac
Relic Hunter
 
Isaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Quebec, Montreal
Posts: 6,901
Default

For PC players, there is a trainer that resets and freeze the time limit. It works.
Isaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 20:45   #29603
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 12,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
For PC players, there is a trainer that resets and freeze the time limit. It works.
That was SO fast
__________________
Renew your soul to make you strong.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:29   #29604
rewak
Professor
 
rewak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 2,886
Default

Be interesting to see if the game can be played beyond the scripted end. Doors are locked beyond what you're supposed to be able to explore, if they can figure out how to unlock them we might see a lot more, if not there's probably not much more to do. Data mining what's there might throw up more interesting things too. Shame my laptop sucks so much it won't even attempt to run the game
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:34   #29605
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 12,857
Default

I was told that PS4 gamers can create as many guest accounts as they wish and play to their heart's content too. I guess it's a tad more annoying though.
__________________
Renew your soul to make you strong.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:35   #29606
Samz
Professor
 
Samz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Helheim
Posts: 3,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
For PC players, there is a trainer that resets and freeze the time limit. It works.
I know one thing for that is apparently agaisnt STEAM terms of service so I'll stay away.

Finished it, loved it, struggling to keep my "don't buy day one" rule.

From what I've seen and heard, zombies go "down" more easily and don't get up when you walk by them, but actually permantly taking one down takes more ammo than ever as they'll keep getting up til' their head is completely gone.

I like the idea of this change, since now one room won't be clear unless you essentially overkill every zombie, but I'm a little cautious since knives break now and there's no unarmed melee attack so we might be able to get permantly stuck if we play bad enough without even "dodge around and use the knife" as an option.

Not sure if intentional or not, but I shot a side of the zombie's face off, taking one of it's eyes off, and it actually seemed to have it's vision reduced and walked by me.
__________________
"What does it mean to be a Tomb Raider?,It means to collect artifacts for sport"

Last edited by Samz; 11-01-19 at 21:38.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:39   #29607
Isaac
Relic Hunter
 
Isaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Quebec, Montreal
Posts: 6,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Be interesting to see if the game can be played beyond the scripted end. Doors are locked beyond what you're supposed to be able to explore, if they can figure out how to unlock them we might see a lot more, if not there's probably not much more to do. Data mining what's there might throw up more interesting things too. Shame my laptop sucks so much it won't even attempt to run the game
No, there is a definite end. When you reach the library, you're tasked to go back to Marvin in the Main Hall and if you do, the demo ends, you cannot even replay afaik.

I tried to force my way beyond with the trainer and I couldn't. Doors are locked, puzzle components are missing and no key items are found within the playable areas that allow us to skip Marvin (who probably give us a key item to move forward).

In all, the demo does have a fair amount of content. The STARS office cannot be visited, but 30% of the East wing can. It's incredible. Capcom managed to surpass my expectation: you feel both familiar and vulnerable with the environments. They shifted a few things, added puzzles, clues, documents and in all it just feels entirely fresh. Zombies aren't too much spongy and it's nice to see their body react to bullets in real time. I just had enough ammo to survive.

My only disappointment is the lack of... music? I could hear the Safe Room music the first time I reached the Dark Room but my subsequent visits were silent.

My experience was also very smooth, it's well optimized... Though if you're using anything lower than Texture High (2 GB), expect some blurry asset textures even if you're one feet away.

I was able to crack down a few safes and lockers gated behind a code, I'll give the answer bellow if you're interested for a few additional ammos.


Puzzles:
LOCKER IN THE SHOWER ROOM
B - I - O

LOCKER ON 3RD FLOOR BEFORE THE HALLWAY
R - F - S

STATUE SOUTH OF LIBRARY 2F
Bird with Flower - Woman sideway - Harp
→ It gives the Unicorn Medal


The only thing I couldn't crack is the famous safe we've seen in demo footages since E3. Working on it now that I have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I know one thing for that is apparently agaisnt STEAM terms of service so I'll stay away.
You do you and using trainers and tools is always a grayish area "use at your own risk", but as someone who has been using cheat engine, trainers and mods for the last 10 years, I've yet to see any consequences in general. Game studios hardly bother with modders since it causes more harm than else. If it's a multiplayer game or if money is involved, however, that's an entirely different topic.

This is a free demo, so it's not like we were bypassing a transaction. You can already create countless of fake account for subsequent playthrough and the demo is limited in content since it has a definitive end. The time limit is a marketing tool to give people the urge of buying the game, but as someone who bought the game already I personally don't see the harm with trainers. But that's my own morality.

Last edited by Isaac; 11-01-19 at 21:55.
Isaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:48   #29608
rewak
Professor
 
rewak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 2,886
Default

I know but it whiffs of the original PS1 demo where the first step was stopping the timer which has already happened and the next was hacking all the doors open. Given the size of the demo there's obviously more than just the few rooms we have access to there, if they can crack open the doors you could just explore the whole building, or what there is of it. Probably no more scripted scenes to see but the building is probably mostly there. Then there's items, if they've left items in the data and modders can figure out how to put them in the inventory then you could get all 3 medallions, not to mention more weapons. Cracking the timer within hours of it going live gives me hope we might get more out of this demo. Heck RE7 had Not A Hero content in it's initial release that got data mined, Capcom aren't exactly great at hiding things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
I was told that PS4 gamers can create as many guest accounts as they wish and play to their heart's content too. I guess it's a tad more annoying though.
Kind of what I did, made a NZ account to get the demo early, maxed it out, then played again on my main account. Going to grab the Japan demo too, just to see what they're censoring this time but it might count as a separate demo all together so an extra playthrough per account.

Last edited by rewak; 11-01-19 at 21:50.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:49   #29609
Isaac
Relic Hunter
 
Isaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Quebec, Montreal
Posts: 6,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I know but it whiffs of the original PS1 demo where the first step was stopping the timer which has already happened and the next was hacking all the doors open. Given the size of the demo there's obviously more than just the few rooms we have access to there, if they can crack open the doors you could just explore the whole building, or what there is of it. Probably no more scripted scenes to see but the building is probably mostly there. Then there's items, if they've left items in the data and modders can figure out how to put them in the inventory then you could get all 3 medallions, not to mention more weapons. Cracking the timer within hours of it going live gives me hope we might get more out of this demo. Heck RE7 had Not A Hero content in it's initial release that got data mined, Capcom aren't exactly great at hiding things.
Oh! Yeah, definitely. You can bet people will datamine the hell out of that demo in the upcoming weeks and mod key items and no-clip tools. So we'll have to be careful to not be spoiled.
Isaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 23:46   #29610
Mickybyrne20
Professor
 
Mickybyrne20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Greater Manchester. Male.
Posts: 2,632
Default

Walked about 3 steps and the demo was over
__________________
Bon Appetit, Baby!
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 18:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.