www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-01-19, 19:50   #51
Athukraz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
Lara's self talk is so bad because she always points out the insanely obvious without contributing anything to the game play or narrative. "Through there." "Now that the barrier's down, I should keep moving." "Now to get the key." Given the linear playability, she's a real Sherrilock Holmes. Then there's the stupidly pointless things she says. "What is that?!" It's a guy kicking another guy down some stairs. "All right!" All right what? "Hmm." Lara...you have nothing to think about right now.
Wow I'm so tired I literally forgot about all this lmao you're right
Old 11-01-19, 21:12   #52
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Lara's self talk is so bad because she always points out the insanely obvious without contributing anything to the game play or narrative. "Through there." "Now that the barrier's down, I should keep moving." "Now to get the key." Given the linear playability, she's a real Sherrilock Holmes. Then there's the stupidly pointless things she says. "What is that?!" It's a guy kicking another guy down some stairs. "All right!" All right what? "Hmm." Lara...you have nothing to think about right now.
It's true unfortunately. But I think this "I see you" was so much better than any of her self-talk we've heard her speak in the patched version.
Old 11-01-19, 21:53   #53
KennyC222
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
She sounds a bit australian there. Yikes
This is because she is a British girl, lol! And Australian accent is heavily influenced by British too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
The dialogue in the sacrificial pit should have been left as it was because Lara sounds so badass!
Yep! This should have been kept in the patched version! Lara looks badass! And she self-talk quietly...and i still enjoy when Lara self-talks..she may give me some hints and comfort I love her voice

Last edited by KennyC222; 11-01-19 at 21:54.
KennyC222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:58   #54
JuditePrince12

The lighthearted dialogue and moments would be so much better if the game wasn't so over the top and graphic. Her saying "I see you" while climbing through a claustrophobic space full of blood and gore makes her sound like a maniac. They should really tone everything down next time.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 22:23   #55
RodneyMac12
Historian

Quote:
To clarify, the dialogue remains and is spoken while the characters inhabit the game world; it's the visuals that are different here, as the cut scene video isn't part of the current game.
I know this. I wouldn't have pointed it out if I didn't think the audio wasn't there. Yes, the visuals are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
The dialogue in the sacrificial pit should have been left as it was because Lara sounds so badass!
Right? She doesn't sound psycho to me, it just adds more depth into her character imo. She genuinely sounded ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Yeah, no....
Good riddance. She talks just about enough to herself. We already know by this time how to execute a stealth kill more than enough. She's better off silent. No need for little pep talks.
But this isn't like all of the other prep talks.. This is something a person that's excited would say in this scenario! I do agree that all of the other prep talks like "over there" or "I can climb through there" are excessive and unneeded, but this kind is more than welcome in my book!

Last edited by RodneyMac12; 11-01-19 at 22:33.
RodneyMac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 22:37   #56
KennyC222
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyMac12 View Post
I know this. I wouldn't have pointed it out if I didn't think the audio wasn't there. Yes, the visuals are different.

Right? She doesn't sound psycho to me, it just adds more depth into her character imo. She genuinely sounded ready!

But this isn't like all of the other prep talks.. This is something a person that's excited would say in this scenario! I do agree that all of the other prep talks like "over there" or "I can climb through there" are excessive and unneeded, but this kind is more than welcome in my book!
well, Lara needs some self-talk to comfort herself. SHe has been mentally unstable since the start of Shadow. I also need to comfort myself when she speaks Her voice is so beautiful! it is optional for me

Last edited by KennyC222; 11-01-19 at 22:57.
KennyC222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 22:39   #57
RodneyMac12
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyC222 View Post
well, Lara needs some self-talk to comfort herself. SHe is mentally unstable since the start of Shadow. I also need to comfort myself when she speaks Her voice is so beautiful! it is optional for me
I feel the same, I don't want them to eliminate ALL side talk, but just the redundant ones.
Old 11-01-19, 23:10   #58
Robwood
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyMac12 View Post
I was clarifying your point to Kenny, not you.
Old 11-01-19, 23:12   #59
RodneyMac12
Historian

Quote:
I was clarifying your point to Kenny, not you.
Oh ok sorry. I thought everyone knew they left only the audio in the patched version.
Old 11-01-19, 23:18   #60
Robwood
Archaeologist

Yeah, when you said that the whole cut scene wasn't in the game, that includes the dialogue, so I figured that would cause some confusion.