www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-19, 20:45   #61
irishhips
Tomb Raider
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Itís not classic Lara, no, but I never said it was. I know exactly what those things are, and Iím not playing mind games at all.
It's not classic Lara but it's still Lara croft, just a different version in a different universe
__________________
Dishonor On Your Whole Family, Dishonor On You, Dishonor On Your Cow!!!
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 20:53   #62
JuditePrince12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Edo
Posts: 1,267
Default

I'm pretty sure the creator of the game has the final say of who Lara Croft is. That "Big boobed, short shorts wearer, and twin pistol weilder is the definitive version of Lara Croft. This new Lara is the most unfamiliar we've ever seen her and those are facts. Not to say I completely hate her, but I hate how everyone it just bashing classic Lara for not being "in depth". Can we stop this annoying argument of who Lara Croft is. The answer has been here the whole time.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 20:54   #63
TrustyBow
Professor
 
TrustyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Reboot Lara cosplay tends to involve wounds, dirt, an axe, bow, tank top and jade necklace. That alone is distinctive enough for someone to recognise you are dressed as a character. Whether they’re familiar with the design depends on where you’re cosplaying.
As a frequenter of conventions, I can confirm that there are hella Reboot Lara cosplays. She's definitely made an impression.

Before people jump down my throat, this isn't me saying that Survivor Lara is more iconic than Classic Lara. I guess I have to make this clear whenever complimenting "Laura."

Last edited by TrustyBow; 11-01-19 at 20:59.
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 20:57   #64
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 8,296
Default

The creator is the creator, they create things. However through multiple and successive releases Tomb Raider and Lara Croft has been defined in the public eye through time. That is my point and what I mean. You cannot have something outside that is foreign and say that thing also defines Tomb Raider when that thing hasn't nor ever was apart of Tomb Raider for all the years that Tomb Raider has existed.

Sqeenix do not define Tomb Raider neither do the creators of Shadow.

Tomb Raider is only defined by Tomb Raider which is the culmination of all things as they have been since the debute of Tomb Raider in 1996 to when Tomb Raider ended.
__________________
Worry about what needs to be worried about

Last edited by charmedangelin; 11-01-19 at 20:58.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 20:59   #65
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
I'm pretty sure the creator of the game has the final say of who Lara Croft is. That "Big boobed, short shorts wearer, and twin pistol weilder is the definitive version of Lara Croft. This new Lara is the most unfamiliar we've ever seen her and those are facts. Not to say I completely hate her, but I hate how everyone it just bashing classic Lara for not being "in depth". Can we stop this annoying argument of who Lara Croft is. The answer has been here the whole time.
No one is bashing Classic Lara. As some one said earlier, Lara Croft is who the fans say she is to themselves. Period. It's tiring to read a select group of people trying to shove their envision of Lara as gospel through other people's throats. Classic Lara is Lara Croft. LAU Lara is Lara Croft. Reboot Lara is Lara Croft. You (in a general sense) not liking a version of the character doesn't make her not Lara Croft. We have like more than 6 official versions or more of Lara Croft. Each individual is free to accept and identify themselves with the version they like the best. Not even classic Lara is the original one, if we take into account the versions they've developed before coming up with the final version
__________________
A herb thief. He must be really dangerous. -.-
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:01   #66
JuditePrince12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Edo
Posts: 1,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
As a frequenter of conventions, I can confirm that there are hella Reboot Lara cosplays. She's definitely made an impression.
She's made an impression on fans of the game that follow everything. I garuntee you if someone dressed up like classic and reboot Lara and asked people who she's cosplaying as, there would be no contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
No one is bashing Classic Lara. As some one said earlier, Lara Croft is who the fans say she is to themselves. Period. It's tiring to read a select group of people trying to shove their envision of Lara as gospel through other people's throats. Classic Lara is Lara Croft. LAU Lara is Lara Croft. Reboot Lara is Lara Croft. You (in a general sense) not liking a version of the character doesn't make her not Lara Croft. We have like more than 6 official versions or more of Lara Croft. Each individual is free to accept and identify themselves with the version they like the best. Not even classic Lara is the original one, if we take into account the versions they've developed before coming up with the final version
There are many people who do bash her, and don't want to shove anything down anybody's throat. I'm just stating what's here in front of me. The creator has the final say since he/she made that person. That's just the way it is. Anyone can have their own interpretation, that's fine but she's still the character that was envisioned by the creator. And I never said I hated reboot Lara. She just was wasted potential imo.

Last edited by JuditePrince12; 11-01-19 at 21:05.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:02   #67
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 8,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
No one is bashing Classic Lara. As some one said earlier, Lara Croft is who the fans say she is to themselves. Period. It's tiring to read a select group of people trying to shove their envision of Lara as gospel through other people's throats. Classic Lara is Lara Croft. LAU Lara is Lara Croft. Reboot Lara is Lara Croft. You (in a general sense) not liking a version of the character doesn't make her not Lara Croft. We have like more than 6 official versions or more of Lara Croft. Each individual is free to accept and identify themselves with the version they like the best. Not even classic Lara is the original one, if we take into account the versions they've developed before coming up with the final version
Lara Croft is not relative, there is an absolute standard when it comes to Lara Croft and Tomb Raider. We've had this debate before, Tomb Raider and Lara Croft are defined by what they have always been and who they have always been through time.
__________________
Worry about what needs to be worried about
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:04   #68
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Lara Croft is not relative, there is an absolute standard when it comes to Lara Croft and Tomb Raider. We've had this debate before, Tomb Raider and Lara Croft are defined by what they have always been and who they have always been through time.
Yes, and we already discussed we're not interested to go through the endless hyperbole of "Tomb Raider is tomb Raider, and tomb raider is real" bs. Please spare the kind of stupidity, as that was enough on the previous senseless posts of the kind
__________________
A herb thief. He must be really dangerous. -.-
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:05   #69
TrustyBow
Professor
 
TrustyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
She's made an impression on fans of the game that follow everything. I garuntee you if someone dressed up like classic and reboot Lara and asked people who she's cosplaying as, there would be no contest.
Not sure what you're saying here.
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:07   #70
JuditePrince12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Edo
Posts: 1,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Not sure what you're saying here.
Basically reboot Lara's look is unispired and not as recognizable as classic Lara.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.