www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 10-10-11, 20:04   #21
larafan25
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killercowz View Post
O M G. Describe the loading screen please.
YES YES!

Why are they so awesome!? D:
Old 10-10-11, 20:04   #22
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Meagan really is a sexy secretary type character.

Oogling aside the Q and A is great!
Old 10-10-11, 20:05   #23
Mikky
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killercowz View Post
O M G. Describe the loading screen please.
Yes, this!
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 20:06   #24
larafan25
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah View Post
She picked the radio up in a cutcene. But even in the cutcene there was this pop up "Picked up: Radio".
So, this pop up.

Would you assume it's informative because we pick up lots of stuff?

Also, does the pacing of the game have anything to do with why she picks things up automatically? Like we're constantly moving fast through the tombs?

BTW The cave was just a straight line, right?

I kind of dislike control being taken away, even something as simple as auto-pickups. Too much auto.
Old 10-10-11, 20:08   #25
Dark_Messiah
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
So, this pop up.

Would you assume it's informative because we pick up lots of stuff?

Also, does the pacing of the game have anything to do with why she picks things up automatically? Like we're constantly moving fast through the tombs?

BTW The cave was just a straight line, right?

I kind of dislike control being taken away, even something as simple as auto-pickups. Too much auto.
The wolvesden was a straight line, yes.
And now, I dont thin it have anything to do with the pacing of the game. The game (the Village/Wolfsden Demo) was slower paced than LAU trilogy.
And it is informative. You hear a sound and see the popup "Picked up: Shotgun Ammo" or something. (she really picked up shotgun ammo in the presentation)

Last edited by Dark_Messiah; 10-10-11 at 20:10.
Dark_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 20:09   #26
Love2Raid
Tomb Raider

Thanks for the info!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post

*waits for complaints about the lack of PS3s in the pictures*
I just saw some pictures of this same event on Eidos forums, and the guy who was playing was most definitely holding a PS3 gamepad... unless Iīm going insane. Better ask Dark Messiah what they were playing on. XD
Quote:
@Spong You walk over food or something and then a little message pops up "Picked up: Food"
Oh, thatīs strange. No animation? Maybe itīs because the game is not finished yet, or will it be like that in the finished game as well?
Not that it really bothers me, but people who like to do īno medipackī runs and stuff like that might be annoyed by this though...
Old 10-10-11, 20:11   #27
Dark_Messiah
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
Thanks for the info!

I just saw some pictures of this same event on Eidos forums, and the guy who was playing was most definitely holding a PS3 gamepad... unless Iīm going insane. Better ask Dark Messiah what they were playing on. XD

Oh, thatīs strange. No animation? Maybe itīs because the game is not finished yet, or will it be like that in the finished game as well?
Not that it really bothers me, but people who like to do īno medipackī runs and stuff like that might be annoyed by this though...
The whole event was Xbox 360 only
And I think its finished because the sound and the pop up looked very final to me. (But everything can change until Fall 2012)

The Loading Screen looks a bit like this: http://data2.blog.de/media/773/1152773_ecef56cd12_l.jpg
with a countdown, some moving bars and text. And you hear Lara talking about her situation.
Old 10-10-11, 20:13   #28
larafan25
Sage

Quote:
The wolvesden was a straight line, yes.
And now, I dont thin it have anything to do with the pacing of the game. The game (the Village/Wolfsden Demo) was slower paced than LAU trilogy.
And it is informative. You hear a sound and see the popup "Picked up: Shotgun Ammo" or something. (she really picked up shotgun ammo in the presentation)
I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
Thanks for the info!

I think you may be right, at least I hope.

In a game centered so much around using what you can, which may be as little as possible. It would inspire people to do more of those runs, and it would be difficult if these items are popping into your inventory each time you run over one.

Quote:
And I think its finished because the sound and the pop up looked very final to me. (But everything can change until Fall 2012)

The Loading Screen looks a bit like this: http://data2.blog.de/media/773/1152773_ecef56cd12_l.jpg
with a countdown, some moving bars and text. And you hear Lara talking about her situation.
Interesting, I like the sounds of it.

Last edited by larafan25; 10-10-11 at 20:14.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 20:14   #29
Killercowz
Inactive

Quote:

OMG.

Killercowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 20:15   #30
Dark_Messiah
Archaeologist

Oh and there are Chests that you can break up with your Iceaxe. (We dont saw any iceaxe gameplay but as Lara walked near by one of these there was an icon with the iceaxe)