www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: Do you like Tomb Raider ('13)'s story?
Loved everything about it, including the journals 69 26.44%
Loved the main plot, not bothered about the journals 18 6.90%
Liked it, the journals help flesh it out 96 36.78%
Liked it...there were optional journals? 2 0.77%
I donít care for story 11 4.21%
Disliked the main story only, the journals were okay 35 13.41%
Disliked the journals, but the main plot was mostly okay 0 0%
Disliked the main....wait, there were optional journals? 3 1.15%
Hated everything about it. 15 5.75%
Penguin Pyjamas are awesome! 12 4.60%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-13, 18:18   #91
larafan25
Sage

This should be a damn public poll.

Anypoo.

I liked it. But, I have some weird OCD issues with it too. Like. I wish they could have maybe focused on the survivors more (as in all the people on the island... as people... surviving. A more primitive deal) instead of it being so black and white, crew vs. solarii. Should have been some more back and forth between characters good guys betraying good guys, bad guys helping good guys. That being said it suddenly becomes all about the people, their relationships and the humanity of the situation and less about whatever else. It's hard to just throw supernatural elements into that and make a point of saying "this character here, the one who is secretly most important, is the tomb raider!" ...

IDK. hm.
Old 09-10-13, 18:22   #92
Seth94
Tomb Raider

Disliked the main story. Didn't care for the journals tbh.
Old 09-10-13, 21:26   #93
ancientIo
Archaeologist

Disliked the story, but I liked the journals. They could have made the main plot richer honestly. They were extremely interesting, like Hoshi's diaries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
Well I must say this poll has proved very curious...
The whole reasoning behind it was that the story was actually good, and that the reason for all the negativity was just the vocal minority sounding off... I think thats been proven, but Im confused by the lack of negative votes...
I definitely didnt expect such a landslide...
All i saw yesterday was, " this story blows"... "yea I agree, the story ****** sucks" ..."yea you guys are right, the storys awful"

What happened lol
You...are not serious. You'd have to be ignoring those people who defended the story or something. It was equal parts "I hate this game's story" and "but I liked it, it's really good, would you rather have no story?" This isn't aod this is a critically acclaimed game and a few people on TRF and other places who saw flaws with it is not such bad criticism. Many even admit to liking the japanese theme.

Last edited by ancientIo; 09-10-13 at 21:46.
ancientIo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 22:26   #94
BigR4444
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientIo View Post
Disliked the story, but I liked the journals. They could have made the main plot richer honestly. They were extremely interesting, like Hoshi's diaries.

You...are not serious. You'd have to be ignoring those people who defended the story or something. It was equal parts "I hate this game's story" and "but I liked it, it's really good, would you rather have no story?" This isn't aod this is a critically acclaimed game and a few people on TRF and other places who saw flaws with it is not such bad criticism. Many even admit to liking the japanese theme.
LOL.. perhaps that post was me gloating a little bit...
I loved it... never said the story was, "award winning", as were debating in the other section on the forum at the moment, but I do think it was good...
At the time, there was a lot of negativity flaoting around... Criticism is one thing, but as I kind of suggested in my post, no one at the time was being constructive critical, it was pretty much labored use of the terms, sucks, terrible, a joke, etc...

The idea was never really, is the story great or not, It was my idea to counter, "hey idiot, look around you, everyone on this forum thinks the story blows"...

Last edited by BigR4444; 09-10-13 at 22:28.
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote