Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 20-04-22, 09:09   #28881
_Seth

I wonder if (and would hope that) all 3 graphics modes (enriched, resolution and performance) could run solidly at the same time on PS5 if it was ever patched. Shadow only ever had resolution and framerate mode, which was patched so both could run at once and it's very stable.

Rise has 3 unique problems that the prior and next game did not; abhorrent/non-existent anti-aliasing which produces shimmering galore on foliage which resolution mode fixes. It has an input lag which performance mode fixes, and has distracting level of detail pop in at abnormally short distances whereby enriched mode allows higher detailed geometry to be in view from much further back, eliminating a lot of pop in.

Rise really could shine if all 3 could be combined.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-22, 00:49   #28882
biscuits

Yeah I hated how shiny the foliage was in Rise. The outdoor lighting system wasn't well implemented at all. The game looked really good when exploring zones like crypts or tombs but the hub areas didn't look polished at all. I think Shadow remedied it tho.
Actually on a whole I thought Rise's graphics were hugely inconsistent. You can tell they focused more on the linear parts of the game.

Last edited by biscuits; 26-05-22 at 00:50.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-22, 03:56   #28883
scremanie

Could that possibly be because Eidos Montreal were the ones that did the tombs?
scremanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 15:46   #28884
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Yeah I hated how shiny the foliage was in Rise. The outdoor lighting system wasn't well implemented at all. The game looked really good when exploring zones like crypts or tombs but the hub areas didn't look polished at all. I think Shadow remedied it tho.
Actually on a whole I thought Rise's graphics were hugely inconsistent. You can tell they focused more on the linear parts of the game.
You can tell they focused in snow and ice. Anything covered in those textures was lovely. Everything else not so much.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-22, 18:15   #28885
andre_costa

I don't know if this is known within the community, but I was replaying the flooded archives on extreme survivor difficulty. And while i was looking for a vessel on the left side of the map, there's a small underwater section where you have to try to be stealth and kill trinity soldiers. Well, I was caught and I tried to escape from that section and tried to go the other way around to kill them. However, to my surprise the deathless ones came and killed the trinity soldiers (off-screen). When I came back their bodies were no where to be found. That's a really cool detail that the deathless ones come to kill trinity soldiers simply because they gave away their position while they were shooting at me

Last edited by andre_costa; 09-08-22 at 18:18.
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-22, 18:42   #28886
G_Sergeant

Smile

Rise of the Tomb Raider is possibly my favorite Tomb Raider game of the new Trilogy (and possible all of Tomb Raider games), this game just nails it when it comes to everything I'd want from a third person action adventure game, solid combat and shooting, puzzles that are not obtuse and never feel mundane or detract from the overall experience, satisfying platforming and just enough room for exploration without making me feel lost, and I love the way they re-imagined Lara without taking too much away from her Badass and Confident traits.
G_Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-22, 17:57   #28887
Raider8

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Sergeant View Post
Rise of the Tomb Raider is possibly my favorite Tomb Raider game of the new Trilogy (and possible all of Tomb Raider games), this game just nails it when it comes to everything I'd want from a third person action adventure game, solid combat and shooting, puzzles that are not obtuse and never feel mundane or detract from the overall experience, satisfying platforming and just enough room for exploration without making me feel lost, and I love the way they re-imagined Lara without taking too much away from her Badass and Confident traits.
Some people will straight out throw rocks at your opinion as some of the players (or let's say fans) found the game somewhat dull. But I'm here to protect you, because you are 99% right In my opinion and indeed I love that game the most out of the whole trilogy.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 20:46   #28888
Doamino41

Default Rise of The Tomb Raider glitches

I like to play Remnant Resistance but I occasionally get glitches during gameplay. such as items put i the box not registering, wrong starting point and wrong targeted enemy location. Anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it without uninstalling and then re-install?
Thanks
Doamino41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-22, 06:56   #28889
charmedangelin

Replaying Rise I didn't realize that scene where Lara is talking to Jacob after escaping Trinity in the Soviet installation, that Lara was talking about what happened to her in 2013. She kept saying she needed answers in Rise and I could never understand what she meant. But when you play 2013 and Rise back to back you realize that a lot of the answers she needs are questions she has from her experience in 2013 on that island.

She learned the supernatural was real in 2013 and it forever changed her. It seems she in fact did carry that trauma from 2013 into Rise after all.

I wish they actually showed Lara's therapy sessions. It would have been a really good wasy to show how traditional therapy could never work for Lara because she could never really talk about the supernatural. Tomb Raiding effectivly became Lara's therapy.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 26-11-22 at 06:59.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-22, 17:43   #28890
jeffrey van oort

Talking about something you need to talk about, always helps you emotionally. The point given, is that Lara is smart, and because she is smart, she would find a way to explain the unexplained with what Lara knows. The therapy sessions, is Lara's way of showing that she didn't "not talk" about her traumatic experience. She talks, and this helps to progress to her next adventure. (The whole adventure, Rise of the Tomb Raider is the therapy session). After what she has been through.

With recurring themes, like Lara doing what she is good at. Adventure.

Did you really think that Jonah is there?

Stories can be interpreted in many ways, but only the author knows the real story.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote