www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-06-19, 11:27   #871
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I'm starting to think they won't show anything this week or this month even. They're going to wait for the 1 year anniversary of the game or whenever they are releasing the rumoured Definitive Edition, which is fine TBH. But it was just a mistake to drop hints about this in the first place.
I don't think there's going to be a DE. It just doesn't make sense, considering the Croft Edition has everything.
Old 10-06-19, 11:32   #872
AshesBorn
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I don't think there's going to be a DE. It just doesn't make sense, considering the Croft Edition has everything.
A new edition with everything on the disc (bug fixes, DLC tombs, outfits, and whatever the extra content is) doesn't sound implausible to me. I'd buy it.
Old 10-06-19, 11:56   #873
JayB_1988
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
A new edition with everything on the disc (bug fixes, DLC tombs, outfits, and whatever the extra content is) doesn't sound implausible to me. I'd buy it.
I would only buy it again if the outfit restriction is fully gone and if all the loading times are gone as well.
Old 10-06-19, 12:08   #874
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB_1988 View Post
Iand if all the loading times are gone as well.
This won't happen. I'd LOVE the game world to be seamless, but the fact that it has those loading screens, it's something that can't be changed. If the loading screen exists, in the DLCs case, it means the map isn't connected to the main one, and is loaded on a different, separate instance. And the loadings also most likely happen, because the DLC locations were only decided after the main one was already constructed, and I assume it would be a lot of work to expand on the original map, instead of creating a separate instance - but, yea, regardless, it's a bit annoying (though, I have an SSD so it loads fast anyway), and immersion breaking
Old 10-06-19, 12:14   #875
thlenoir
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB_1988 View Post
I would only buy it again if the outfit restriction is fully gone and if all the loading times are gone as well.
If they succeed to delete the loading times in the DLC, despite the fact that they weren't built for the map, it will be a great surprise.

The loading screen aren't annoying, but the fact that only the DLC have it is a bit strange even if it's understandable.

I really don't know about a DE, maybe a downloadable version, like the 20 Year Update on Rise, included in the season pass (and so in the Croft Edition), and a paid version for the others.

A new physical edition seems useless, since the Croft Edition has access to everything. Yes, it's not on the disc, but the result is the same. But if it allows people to buy the game (again or not), it's good for the franchise.

Last edited by thlenoir; 10-06-19 at 12:19.
thlenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 12:16   #876
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I don't think it has to make sense. Other studios have done this before. Releasing a "complete edition" or "game of the year edition" or any tagline really they can think of. It allows them to spike sales one more time with almost no effort while not hurting people who already own the game.
Old 10-06-19, 12:22   #877
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I don't think it has to make sense. Other studios have done this before. Releasing a "complete edition" or "game of the year edition" or any tagline really they can think of. It allows them to spike sales one more time with almost no effort while not hurting people who already own the game.
Yea, I agree with this, sorta. They could totally re-release the game, with the excuse of being the Definite Edition (even though, it already exists). I've seen lots of comments from people saying they'd purchase the game only once a "full edition" is released, so they sure could milk some more $$$ - and they could use Croft Manor DLC as a way to promote it (but making part of Season pass, regardless)
Old 10-06-19, 14:16   #878
scremanie
Tomb Raider

I have a feeling they’re going to announce a definitive edition which will include all DLC, and Croft manor being the “8th tomb” in that slot. Season pass holders will most likely get the DE as a free update, just like they did with the 20th anniversary edition of Rise, with all the extra outfits and dlc.
Old 10-06-19, 14:35   #879
iWANEX
Golden

What if Croft Manor DLC is actually a sneak peak of the next game? That would be really cool.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 14:39   #880
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
What if Croft Manor DLC is actually a sneak peak of the next game? That would be really cool.
I have a... “feeling” (if you catch my drift) that it will.