www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 11-02-19, 13:18   #251
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
Reboot Lara isn't a thrillseeker, so it doesn't make sense to her.
She is. Just not like Classic Lara.
It was barely touched upon, or at least it wasn't made as clear, but she is addicted to thrill, which is one of the reasons of her going after the Divine Source in ROTTR. The trailer shows how she's dealing with it all, and how she keeps puting herself in danger - it's just classic Lara did it because it was fun, and so far Survivor Lara does mostly it out trauma/the traumatic experience from Yamatai

Last edited by Vaskito; 11-02-19 at 13:19.
Vaskito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 13:19   #252
jackoimina
Explorer

Hmm didn't think of it that way before but yeah, I agree

edit: sorry, this refers to paulojr_mam last post haha didn't quote it bc I didnt see there is a new one after xD

edit2: @Vasiko but if she is now doing this out of trauma makes even less sense to not be safe. Those traumatic experiences include her being in life threatening situations and people dying around her. Makes zero sense to now be prepared to survive in terms of weapons but be completely unprepared to navigate and explore dangerous places and also be able to stay in touch at all times with people she cares about (jonah)... Noone believes her about Yamatai and she is also called crazy in the papers, why not bring a camera and document and take pictures of discoveries..? I really can't see any logic behind that:/

Last edited by jackoimina; 11-02-19 at 13:26.
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 14:54   #253
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
edit2: @Vasiko but if she is now doing this out of trauma makes even less sense to not be safe. Those traumatic experiences include her being in life threatening situations and people dying around her. Makes zero sense to now be prepared to survive in terms of weapons but be completely unprepared to navigate and explore dangerous places and also be able to stay in touch at all times with people she cares about (jonah)... Noone believes her about Yamatai and she is also called crazy in the papers, why not bring a camera and document and take pictures of discoveries..? I really can't see any logic behind that:/
Because by the end of ROTTR, she realized she had to make that sacrŪfice, for a greater cause. Her whole purpose during ROTTR was to prove it all to be true, and to clear her father's name. She gave that up in the end, because she realized it was the best thing to do. I'd say it was pretty selfless of her, as anyone in her shoes would rather proceed with proving everything was real. I liked the story, and I think it made sense in the trilogy.

Now, I'm excited to see her being less serious, and more lighthearted. Not in an exaggerated way like LAU, but rather something well balanced out like the reboot comics

Last edited by Vaskito; 11-02-19 at 14:56.
Vaskito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 15:19   #254
Costel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
Nope, that's why I'm pointing out that it should be SATELITE phone and gps hardware that uses satelite comunications which work well in some of the most remote areas in the world. She already used this tech in Underworld and again, even if you prefer retro stuff makes zero sense to go around exploring completely unprepared like that, risking your life for no reason. That's more like stupidity than preference. Jonah as well, he goes missing, kidnapped, killed and brought back to life and than again he goes to Mexico with her and brings absolutely no tech with him, not even a simple phone o.O Obv, I'm really heaving a hard time making sense of it xD

Remember, the map and everything we use in Reboot games is not info available to Lara as well, just us the players. She has no compass, no journal, no backpack for those documents to reread them etc, no binoculars to investigate areas and see where is she going like we see on games map... She's not using modern tech like I would want her to but she is also not using any retro stuff as well except for (modern) climbing gear and weapons...idk...
And she is not going in these long expeditions with a crew behind her. Or you don`t have a problem with that?
Old 11-02-19, 16:11   #255
TrustyBow
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
She is. Just not like Classic Lara.
It was barely touched upon, or at least it wasn't made as clear, but she is addicted to thrill, which is one of the reasons of her going after the Divine Source in ROTTR. The trailer shows how she's dealing with it all, and how she keeps puting herself in danger - it's just classic Lara did it because it was fun, and so far Survivor Lara does mostly it out trauma/the traumatic experience from Yamatai
Yeah I think its interesting how Reboot Lara used Adventure as a form of personal development. Now that it's fixed her problems, it makes sense that she would pursue it now as a hobby.
Old 11-02-19, 16:25   #256
Chamayoo
Professor

A button to crouch and hide behind a mural/wall/structure.
A button to light your environment.

I know it's the day I want simple little things.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 17:08   #257
Costel
Archaeologist

My wishlist:

1 Reboot Lara Croft
2 Camilla Luddington as Lara voice actress.
3 Bow
4 Dual pistols
5 Vehicles
6 Keep the skill system but reduce them to 10 for each category.
7 Remove the bull**** that are focus and endurance plants.
8 1 or 2 maze like tomb filled with puzzles and no enemies.
9 1 big hub filled with puzzles and non-human enemies where no one lives.
10 Underwater level with a main story puzzle that is more than swimming from point A to point B with side collectibles.
11 Health Bar that is upgradable like in God of War games.

Last edited by Costel; 11-02-19 at 21:16.
Costel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 18:56   #258
New Dwight
Professor

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=222268

This is a keeper. Don't forgot it, unless you one of "them".
Old 12-02-19, 06:15   #259
Chamayoo
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
My wishlist:

1 Reboot Lara Croft
2 Camilla Luddington as Lara voice actress.
3 Bow
4 Dual pistols
5 Vehicles
6 Keep the skill system but reduce them to 10 for each category.
7 Remove the bull**** that are focus and endurance plants.
8 1 or 2 maze like tomb filled with puzzles and no enemies.
9 1 big hub filled with puzzles and non-human enemies where no one lives.
10 Underwater level with a main story puzzle that is more than swimming from point A to point B with side collectibles.
11 Health Bar that is upgradable like in God of War games.
Great proposals.

I wonder with the next generation technology and maybe a brand new engine (with Avengers), they could erase the walk sections in the next game.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 09:46   #260
NYCL@R@
Archaeologist

My wish list

*Globe-trot! Letís explore different parts of the world again.

*More in depth and dense exploration.

*Better puzzle solving. Mind **** me a bit. If not a lot.

*A better story line. Sheís is a grown ass woman now. No more mommy and daddy. Letís move on to something different for once. As well as her personality. Shadow did spark her up a but I want more sass, witty, sarcasm.
Supernatural, mythology, mind **** me again please.

*As far as combat. I know many of you donít like like action packed/ blockbuster sets and I agree but what is the adventure without the action? I want Lara kicking ass.

*I am a graphics hoe. I love realism. Letís take it to another level but with a different art style. Color, vibrancy, texture etc. The new generation of consoles are coming so letís take advantage developers.

*Update the animation. One thing about the classics was how good the animation was for itís time especially with the unfinished gem AOD was.

*Laraís look/ character model. I would LOVE to see a realistic version of classic Lara in the next generation or at least fresh but something that will please classic fans as well as the current generation fans.

I would love to see a more realistic version of this as well. I wasn't a huge fan TRU model but it had potential. I edited her legs a bit to look thicker/athletic. Not so much of the exposure of her stomach and bigger breast.