www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 25-10-18, 22:24   #1
RodneyMac12
Historian

Default New Ponytail Technology For The Next Game

No, we are not done talking about Lara's hair! I'm not sure if this deserves it's own thread but if it doesn't, it is to be deleted.

Before you get upset about what appears to be another pointless thread about Lara's hair, no it's not to bash it, but simply what hair technology I would like to see implemented on the next Lara.

So if anyone has seen Red Dead Redemption 2's horse's hair, you'd probably understand where I'm going with this. I'll try to leave a link to a video that shows it presentably, but I watched a few RDR2 videos and I couldn't stop looking at the horses tails! I uncontrollably kept thinking to myself "That would be perfect for Lara's ponytail!" They flow beautifully, bounce gracefully and sway in the wind while being so natural looking!

If you go to 28:50 you can see hair movement similar to Turning Point Lara's hair

If she doesn't have a braid in the next game, it'd be awesome to see her rock a ponytail with his technology. It isn't seemingly that graphically intensive either.

Edit: My apologies, I'm not quite sure how to get a youtube video to automatically show up here. If there's a way I could do it now, please let me know!

Last edited by RodneyMac12; 26-10-18 at 02:30.
RodneyMac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 22:44   #2
Kurtis666
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyMac12 View Post
No, we are not done talking about Lara's hair! I'm not sure if this deserves it's own thread but if it doesn't, it is to be deleted.

Before you get upset about what appears to be another pointless thread about Lara's hair, no it's not to bash it, but simply what hair technology I would like to see implemented on the next Lara.

So if anyone has seen Red Dead Redemption 2's horse's hair, you'd probably understand where I'm going with this. I'll try to leave a link to a video that shows it presentably, but I watched a few RDR2 videos and I couldn't stop looking at the horses tails! I uncontrollably kept thinking to myself "That would be perfect for Lara's ponytail!" They flow beautifully, bounce gracefully and sway in the wind while being so natural looking!

If you go to 28:50 you can see hair movement similar to Turning Point Lara's hair
https://youtu.be/P3_yzVVYc0Q

If she doesn't have a braid in the next game, it'd be awesome to see her rock a ponytail with his technology. It isn't seemingly that graphically intensive either.

Edit: My apologies, I'm not quite sure how to get a youtube video to automatically show up here. If there's a way I could do it now, please let me know!
No, now I can't unsee Lara's head showing on the horse's butt
Kurtis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 22:49   #3
Amunet
Explorer

Honestly, just give her a braid and get rid of that ridiculously layered fringe.
Old 25-10-18, 22:50   #4
Lyle Croft
Professor

It kinda looks like a mesh.
Old 25-10-18, 22:51   #5
RodneyMac12
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Honestly, just give her a braid and get rid of that ridiculously layered fringe.
I think that'd be easier being that it's just one blob instead of multiple strands. At least for the ponytail part that is.
Old 25-10-18, 22:55   #6
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
You put it as (youtube)P3_yzVVYc0Q(/youtube) but with square brackets

But honestly, since RotTR that Lara's hair technology is quite impressive and one of the best out there. The problem is not the technology, it's the hairstyle.
Old 25-10-18, 23:00   #7
RodneyMac12
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
You put it as (youtube)P3_yzVVYc0Q(/youtube) but with square brackets

But honestly, since RotTR that Lara's hair technology is quite impressive and one of the best out there. The problem is not the technology, it's the hairstyle.
That didn't seem to work. this is what I did: [https://youtu.be/P3_yzVVYc0Q]
Old 25-10-18, 23:07   #8
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Actually, I think I like Shadow's hair technology better (although Rise's is still the most amazing ponytail I've seen in my life). What I'm impressed with is the snow in here. Wow.
iWANEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 23:09   #9
RodneyMac12
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Actually, I think I like Shadow's hair technology better (although Rise's is still the most amazing ponytail I've seen in my life). What I'm impressed with is the snow in here. Wow.
Well I'm looking more at the movement of it. And yes, the snow is indeed eye candy
Old 25-10-18, 23:12   #10
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Well I'm looking more at the movement of it. And yes, the snow is indeed eye candy
Oh, yes, I noticed the movement. It looks pretty good.
iWANEX is online now   Reply With Quote