www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 03-12-18, 23:11   #11
Lord Lulu
Explorer

To many things to list and say. Though a lot of what I would like to see has been listed thus far.

With the news about Fallout 76 and the way this franchise has been handled, they would need to show competency.

1. If they do a story it must be written first and gameplay second.
2. A full return of Classic Lara. Nothing less will do.

That said the gaming industry is in trouble from my point of view. Companies like EA and ideologues are ruining gaming. Makes me apprehensive about Resident Evil 2 Remake.
Old 03-12-18, 23:19   #12
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I was so confused ! Now I agree 100% with all you said ! We want the same things for the TR future.
It's the night maybe you need to sleep Chama

Anyway for me it will be

No more attempt at being super duper dark
Something in between but no too lighthearted

No more family drama but consistency on the story

If a particular outfit or weapon return I think the best it's to make the moment important.

Vehicule to return yes but something more exciting than endless chases.

Same Lara of course but without the hurting on her heart, no more reminescense of the past.

Globe trotting but with proper use

No more skill tree

New monsters, underwater exploration but in grand (not like Underworld)

A game way more longer

Last edited by Ellioft; 03-12-18 at 23:20.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 23:22   #13
Princess_Paige
Professor

Oh nice, mine would be-

* New voice actress is essential for me to be interested.
* New animations
* The story has to be better than Shadows, which was imo the worst story in the entire franchise.
* No more Lara falling, tripping, crashing e.c.t Her constantly getting hurt or generally bumbling her way around is annoying at this point.
* Harder puzzles and Harder to find challenge Tombs
* New character model that more closely resembles classic/LAU Lara
* Duals, Braid and classic outfit is essential at this point, fans have been requesting for years, even if it’s only optional.
* More varied locations
* No more forced walking
* I disagree with others about the skill and upgrades, I’d like to keep those but for them to be overhauled so that the skills are actually worth it, like unlocking proper new abilities and moves.

Also if it’s another story about her “becoming the Tomb Raider” or still being inexperienced then I definitely won’t be buying it.
Old 03-12-18, 23:26   #14
JuditePrince12

Better climbing and animations.

Sass.

Combat is revamped to be more versatile like Uncharted.

Duals plz.

No skill tree.

No more hubs.

Bigger Tombs.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 23:36   #15
Princess_Paige
Professor

Y’all are crazy for wanting to get rid of hubs, they’re arguably the best addition to the franchise, actually getting to explore a massive area and find all of it’s secrets and Tombs like a proper explorer. I’d hate if the games went back to being linear
Old 03-12-18, 23:41   #16
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
Y’all are crazy for wanting to get rid of hubs, they’re arguably the best addition to the franchise, actually getting to explore a massive area and find all of it’s secrets and Tombs like a proper explorer. I’d hate if the games went back to being linear
There's nothing wrong with exploring big spaces but hubs arguably add nothing and poor level design. I'd rather have those big spaces dedicated to tombs. And they can't just make tombs bigger tombs, that would basically take a lot to develop (maybe run poorly) and the game would probably be open world which is something I wouldn't want either.
Old 03-12-18, 23:47   #17
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

I'll likely buy it eventually no matter what, so I'll just give a wishlist of things that I really want to see (and that I would be disappointed about if it wasn't there).

-Globetrotting. She has all the wealth and time in the world to travel now, so let's make it happen finally.
-No parent/sibling/any other relative drama. Just make it about the adventure, the artifact, Lara, and the enemy.
-A more laidback, sassy, witty, and sarcastic Lara. I'm not asking for classic Lara 2.0, but I'm dying to see Lara's sass and sarcastic or witty quips return. It was one of my favorite elements of classic and LAU Lara so, so much, and it is probably the main thing (apart from the exclusion of parent issues) that I still want to see make a comeback.
-Dual pistols. They can easily and simply return alongside the bow and axes, and I'd be very happy. Cheers.
-A great, cohesive story that is engaging, but doesn't take itself too seriously. Shadow's tone was in the right direction imo, so having a more cohesive story that isn't as flawed would be lovely.
Old 04-12-18, 03:44   #18
JuditePrince12

Ugh no more axes. They're a clunky mechanic and I'd rather her use her hands. If they add all those weapons imo it'd look crazy and a little impractical. Do you know how heavy that would be? lol I feel like the axes have stayed long enough and were a good weapon/climbing tool to use since she was inexperienced, but other than that, I'm through with them. And the constant swinging is annoying.
Old 04-12-18, 04:00   #19
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Ugh no more axes. They're a clunky mechanic and I'd rather her use her hands. If they add all those weapons imo it'd look crazy and a little impractical. Do you know how heavy that would be? lol I feel like the axes have stayed long enough and were a good weapon/climbing tool to use since she was inexperienced, but other than that, I'm through with them. And the constant swinging is annoying.
I personally think it would be fine, and I don’t think it’d look impractical either. Prepared and deadly is a little more like it imo. Frankly, this seems a bit like an excuse to have it as close to the classics as possible, but I won’t assume anything.
Old 04-12-18, 04:04   #20
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I personally think it would be fine, and I don’t think it’d look impractical either. Prepared and deadly is a little more like it imo. Frankly, this seems a bit like an excuse to have it as close to the classics as possible, but I won’t assume anything.
Lara is consantly moving, bows aren't just something you carry, neither are climbing axes. I prefer Lara to carry light. It's visually appealing than having her carry several different weapons. What's the point in having an iconic weapon if you're just gonna stack the other ones on top.